• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

GH timing with food/coffee

STTM

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Asking a rather noob question here.. but I am very OCD about how I got about things, and want to see if anyone thinks this would be an issue.

Currently taking 2iu GH first thing in the morning. I have always waited about an hour after to eat.

Recently, my meal plan has changed and I have started making iced coffees for my breakfast. The iced coffee just consists of 2 scoops whey and starbucks cold brew. There's virtually no carbs or fat, and about 50g protein.

So, we all heard that we shouldn't eat carbs within 30 minutes or so of taking GH (at least that's what they say).. but this coffee has none. Would there be any issues here?

Also, some might tell me to wait a little bit before drinking the coffee.. but like many, I need that hit of caffeine first thing in the morning and I am trying to steer away from energy drinks and go for a more natural source.

Thoughts?

That’s a good question and I don’t know the exact answer, but I believe the point is to not raise your insulin. For most people, caffeine doesn’t have an impact on blood sugar, unless you’re already a type 1 or 2 diabetic. So as long as there’s no sugars added, I’d think you’d be fine.

Source of 50g protein?

If you are using whey protein , then yeah it will spike your insulin...

That’s a good question and I don’t know the exact answer, but I believe the point is to not raise your insulin. For most people, caffeine doesn’t have an impact on blood sugar, unless you’re already a type 1 or 2 diabetic. So as long as there’s no sugars added, I’d think you’d be fine.

Yeah, I might just do the safe thing and wait 30 minutes or so. I've never really found a definitive answer on this.

Source of 50g protein?

If you are using whey protein , then yeah it will spike your insulin...

The source would be from whey. I have read that leucine will cause an insulin release when carbs are absent. But, wouldn't insulin without carbs drop your blood sugar anyways? I just really need that iced coffee.

I've always regardless what I eat take 2iu gh pre breakfast or cardio and 2iu post workout after eating my pwo meal

The source would be from whey. I have read that leucine will cause an insulin release when carbs are absent. But, wouldn't insulin without carbs drop your blood sugar anyways? I just really need that iced coffee.
Whey itself, especially isolate/hydroslate, can cause a petty large insulin release because they digest so quickly. If you did half idolate and half casein, you wouldn't get the same response.

With that said though, Almost anything can cause a release of insulin but, how much depends on things like your diet, body fat, insulin resistance and so on.

To answer your question, imo, it doesn't matter when using exogenous gh. I have seen zero difference keeping gh away from meals or right before or after.

Last edited:
Whey itself, especially isolate/hydroslate, can cause a petty large insulin release because they digest so quickly. If you did half idolate and half casein, you wouldn't get the same response.

With that said though, Almost anything can cause a release of insulin but, how much depends on things like your diet, body fat, insulin resistance and so on.

To answer your question, imo, it doesn't matter when using exogenous gh. I have seen zero difference keeping gh away from meals or right before or after.

ha. Monte, you beat me to the punch, after several cycles of HGH and using several philosophies/protocols behind dosing HGH.I categorize HGH in the same way I do taking orals, negligible differences no matter how I dose them. Just getting IT in your body and then you do the work, Im always very happy with the results, sometimes we over think things especially for the "gym rat" level most of us are on.

For me the best way to use HGH is be consistent in your method, I like to use it after I workout, for me it fits my schedule best and I sleep very well that night. The worst way is to use HGH and then need a mid day nap that I cant take, haha

Back