• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Full body or nah?

Capthowdy87

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Does anyone here do full body training instead any other splits ? I see most guys going with a PPL. I myself Train PLP. If you do why do you do it . How has it benefited you ? How many days do you do it ?

Currently in my fatloss phase I’m doing fullbody everyday with days off as needed. It’s based on a Phil Hernon routine. I’m loving it honestly. Reps are going up daily on most exercises. 1 working set per body to failure. Body weight movements amrap. Squats 15-30 reps. All other movements 8-30 reps. Resting only long enough to catch my breath. Minimal warmups. 80% rom. No lock out. Constant tension on the muscle. Moving weight fast and controlled like a piston.
Usually 3-4 days before I take a day off.
Db bench
dips
db lat raises
pull-ups
Bent over 2 arm db rows
db hammer curls
reverse hypers
belt squat
calves
abductor
crunches

The benefits are I’m burning through my calories without any cardio. My form, mmc, and conditioning has improved drastically. I’m staying pumped and full on 2100 calories a day. I’m actually leaning out daily and my legs are actually growing. I always thought fullbody was useless for growth but I kept reading about Phil’s philosophy on how and why he did it and had guys do it so I figured I’d give it a shot

I've done full body many times. Mostly after an injury. I have done full body workouts 3-4x a week for years and honestly it works very well to maintain and make small gains.

The thing I will say is that I was previously in better shape, got injured and then used the overall body workouts to just attempt to maintain.

And it did work.

I have never used Overall body to attempt new Growth per say if that makes sense?

Heavy as safely possible and using 1-2 muscle groups per week always worked the best in transforming my body the best.

How long have you been running with this style ?
About 3 weeks now. Phil Hernon was a genius when it came to training and diet. Everything was outside of the box. I honestly wish I would’ve done this years ago when my joints were healthier and I had much less injuries

I know a guy that does full body 2 hours a day and looks fucking amazing. I built a pretty good Physique in my early days doing full body now I focus on one maybe two muscles a day. Just got to switch it up

I got lit the fuck up when I first came on here telling everyone I was doing a full body. I was literally just getting back into it though after years of not lifting so better than nothing I would have thought

I’m mainly curious about it for when I go on vacation . I’m looking for the best way to work out when I’m on vacation bc I won’t have time to do it like when I’m home .

I’m mainly curious about it for when I go on vacation . I’m looking for the best way to work out when I’m on vacation bc I won’t have time to do it like when I’m home .
Well with the one I’m doing I have days where I’m literally done in 15 minutes.

IML Gear Cream!
I got lit the fuck up when I first came on here telling everyone I was doing a full body. I was literally just getting back into it though after years of not lifting so better than nothing I would have thought

Fuck that if you've been big before when you go back it's best to do full body because it will come back faster than doing one fucking body part a day. What a bunch of fucking assholes, lol

Full body sessions are a blast and a great way to mix it up. I’ve always been a gym rat so I like a full body day or an upper day then a lower day, its fast and easy. 2 sets per body part to failure, when you wanna go full blown swoleosis do 3 sets on that muscle. One thing is for certain if you're eating right you're gonna look right, the lifting is the easiest part and most gym rats overthink things.

Back