• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

High School Basketball Player Punches Opponent After Game

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
A high school basketball player wound up and sucker-punched his opponent twice during postgame handshakes this week ... and now cops are investigating.

Here's what we know -- Nevada H.S. was facing off against Carlisle H.S. in Iowa on Tuesday ... and when both teams lined up to say "good game" after Nevada's 72-47 win, #4 on Carlisle attacked #5 on Nevada.

Unclear what happened in the game, but it appears the players were going through the line without incident before Nevada's senior guard threw punches to the opponent's stomach and head.

VIDEO: https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/01/high-school-basketball-player-punches-opponent-postgame-handshakes/

Actually this happened on my team when I was in HS. A team-mate of mine, actually a 7 footer on my team punched a player in the chest during Handshakes.

During the game, the other player kept elbowing him, pushing him and overall just being a dick, so it was actually deserved.

It ended up being televised locally and was actually super funny. As we were all in line, my teammate punched him in the chest and then sprinted away. He didn't remotely hurt the other kid but startled him. The commentators were super confused.

I guess you had to be there.

Haha I have a similar story as you [mention]GYMnTONIC [/mention] , my oldest brother is 6’9” , was playing a team full of guys under 6’2” that were all trying to take out his legs when he jumped, throwing elbows, just cheap shots left and right until my brother finally had enough… Punched the guy square in the jaw mid game, dropped him like a sack of potatoes, broke his hand but it was sooooo worth seeing that punk ass get what he was asking for lmao

Dang, he knocked that kid the f*ck out! At a minimum, his career in interscholastic sports should be over

Yup that was fucked up and he should be kicked off the team. No place for that childish shit in sports.

Good that his teammate pulled him off of their buddy but they should have kicked his ass .

Yup that was fucked up and he should be kicked off the team. No place for that childish shit in sports.
Exactly! I was a MS assistant basketball coach and a HS Athletic Director. Elbows, pushing and trash talking have always part of the game. We used to play an all deaf school in basketball and football. Those little bastards would actually pinch and bite my athletes, lol

I don't agree with sucker punches ever, but I have to say I played sports my whole life and I fought several times

I got elbowed in the nose intentionally by a kid 100lbs heavier then me in a basketball game, so I spiked the ball in his face and then tackled him. We both were ejected.

In football I got into fights several times. Punches thrown. Wrestling. A guy dislocated my shoulder on the line for no reason, he jumped the line before the hike on purpose to try and hurt me, and I slapped him across the face several times after removing helmet, etc. That turned into a team fight.

It's part of the game sometimes. We were never arrested or even suspended for more then the game we were in.

Team Sports are emotional and can be aggressive at times.

I don't agree with sucker punches ever, but I have to say I played sports my whole life and I fought several times

I got elbowed in the nose intentionally by a kid 100lbs heavier then me in a basketball game, so I spiked the ball in his face and then tackled him. We both were ejected.

In football I got into fights several times. Punches thrown. Wrestling. A guy dislocated my shoulder on the line for no reason, he jumped the line before the hike on purpose to try and hurt me, and I slapped him across the face several times after removing helmet, etc. That turned into a team fight.

It's part of the game sometimes. We were never arrested or even suspended for more then the game we were in.

No offense but you should not have played sports then.

IML Gear Cream!
We used to get ambushed and ambush rival teams during wrestling and basketball. Soccer was precious though, you rough up some pansy ass soccer player and charges were getting pressed.

Oh the high school drama… seems so innocent now.

I’ll always remember this one event…. Backstory: kids on my wrestling team but I absolutely hated him… just a know it all privileged little cunt… he starts shit with these twin brothers from our rival school (who I used to party with) and they beat the dog shit right out of him. Next day he’s bragging to everyone how he took out two dudes at the same time… meanwhile he’s got a fucked up nose, cuts all over his face and two black eyes.

The twins looked unscathed. Funny how that works out.

we fought all the time in sports in high school. Even with each other. It’s part of growing up honestly.

How you gonna know anything about yourself if you ain’t ever been in a fight. I will say the sucker punch is a cowards game. I always put my dukes up first, give them a second to understand what was gonna go down. Now that I think about it, I shoulda prolly utilized the sucker punch method a few of those times. Word of advice, don’t ever start a fight with an ex Amish kid. They get that old man strength early in life, even the girls.

I thought everyone fought in sports.

I saw it dozens of times even since childhood.

I was at an NBA game and a fight on the court spilled over into the stands and the fans were fighting each other.

I honestly always saw it as part of sports.

I remember watching Hartford Whalers even and the fights were the best part!

The only pro sport that tolerates fighting is hockey and it’s stupid which is why I don’t watch it. Professionals don’t resort to fighting, that’s for kids.

The only pro sport that tolerates fighting is hockey and it’s stupid which is why I don’t watch it. Professionals don’t resort to fighting, that’s for kids.

I agree to this. We were kids or even teens, thats what I am referring to

I can't fathom playing a sport now and fighting at 40+. No way, I'd laugh it off.

You are right on the maturity factor.

For some reason Lebron James comes to mind though. He literally is like a young weak child mentally. I think he would get beat up or cry before fighting anyone.

Yeah I don’t know but if you fully understand hockey then you understand why the fighting is tolerated to a point and is kinda a necessary evil. It’s not really there for the entertainment value it’s there to protect the guys that fill the seats.

Yeah I don’t know but if you fully understand hockey then you understand why the fighting is tolerated to a point and is kinda a necessary evil. It’s not really there for the entertainment value it’s there to protect the guys that fill the seats.

No you could say the same thing with many sports. It’s stupid and makes hockey look barbaric. If I want to watch guys fight I’ll watch MMA.

fights are to hockey like car accidents are to nascar.

What’s wrong with barbarism? Sheesh

A girl did it in a game too (recently), I guess she is the daughter of an NBA pro (or former pro)...
I guess the bitches Ma yelled for her to do it, egged her on... Impulse control, a well known trait...

https://youtu.be/VKsZJg1Q0xg

They need to sue laquisha and her mother for that one .

was gonna say the same, without the context of how the game was played the guy could have been bullying him the whole game and taking cheap shots. seen it lots of times

fights are to hockey like car accidents are to nascar.

What’s wrong with barbarism? Sheesh

Right! I love the barbarism. Hockey fights aren't usually just an emotional outburst of uncontrolled rage. Often they are strategic in their place and time. I do say "Usually…."

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
No you could say the same thing with many sports. It’s stupid and makes hockey look barbaric. If I want to watch guys fight I’ll watch MMA.

You have never been in a fight before have you?

You didn't play sports did you?

Back