How Long Can You Run Gear?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

Ok, Iíve seen a lot of contrary research and opinions about how long you can run gear.

If you donít care about natural production and you have a good tolerance at 500mg a week Test E, how long can you run gear for before itís just plain stupid?

Iíve seen the typical 12-16 weeks. But how long is too long? And what compounds should you steer away from running too long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,558 Posts
    Rep Points

Everyone is different, some can recover on for a long time, and some canít. If you play with fire youíll get burned.
    Last edited by BodybuilderZepp; 11-30-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Rep Points

For me personally, gainz were very slow around the 20 week mark. Running a gram of test training hard as fuck eating 5,000 clean a day. For me I'd call it around week 15.

At around 25 weeks my body stated doing weird shit with my estrogen levels. That's how I knew it was time..

Take a 6 week break then hit it again. After you get blood done. But I would just go down to 200mg a week. Not just get off everything. Gainz will be gone.
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Seattlesbest View Post
    For me personally, gainz were very slow around the 20 week mark. Running a gram of test training hard as fuck eating 5,000 clean a day. For me I'd call it around week 15.

At around 25 weeks my body stated doing weird shit with my estrogen levels. That's how I knew it was time..

Take a 6 week break then hit it again. After you get blood done. But I would just go down to 200mg a week. Not just get off everything. Gainz will be gone.
    Right. Blast and Cruise essentially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Rep Points

Think of it as a car you drive...your body
    At wide open throttle...things will break down quicker..or an underling problems will surface fast...
    I like the 2 cycles a yr approach..12 to 16wks depending on compounds..Safe

TRT is to just get back to a normal range...nothing more.. but some of us use Deca or Mast..but just enough to get the Benifits not size..

The more cycles you run the less natural Test you'll produce as life goes on..or as you age you natural levels may/will fall just because you're aging..and some guys in their 50's and 60's stills have a decent natural production..but rare..

It is recommended strongly to start out the first 2 cycles with just Test one at 500mg/24wk and the next a little higher just to see how you handle moderate Test BEFORE adding more compounds..

But don't think running for 6 to 10 or even over a yr,won't bite you one day..
    This is a very rough over view...becoming knowledgeable prior to use of any compound is highly advised..It takes yrs to learn this stuff and find just what works for You..

But it only takes a few careless endeavors to be in real trouble..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Rep Points

Sorry...
    Not 24 weeks on Test....typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nexceda View Post
    Right. Blast and Cruise essentially.
    Exactly. It can be done responsibly. Figure out your blood work. Figure out your recovery time. Figure out a good cruise dose that doesn't raise your lipid panel. And then in about 5 years, if you stick to it..

You'll be a God lol. But its a fuckin grind and life's a mother fucker. You really have to be in a great mind set and awesome people around you. Pinning a few times a week for years and years gets hard. You really got to want it.

Ok ill shut the fuck up now. I'm getting off topic.

Good luck bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post
    At wide open throttle...things will break down quicker..or an underling problems will surface fast...

TRT is to just get back to a normal range...nothing more.. but some of us use Deca or Mast..but just enough to get the Benifits not size..

The more cycles you run the less natural Test you'll produce as life goes on..or as you age you natural levels may/will fall just because you're aging..and some guys in their 50's and 60's stills have a decent natural production..but rare..

It is recommended strongly to start out the first 2 cycles with just Test one at 500mg/24wk and the next a little higher just to see how you handle moderate Test BEFORE adding more compounds..

This is a very rough over view...becoming knowledgeable prior to use of any compound is highly advised..It takes yrs to learn this stuff and find just what works for You..

The longevity angle.. Smart man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

Nah man. I really appreciate it. Iím just trying to learn as much as possible and see how my body reacts to this stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by zionoir626 View Post

Would risk to reward be something that I would have to just determine myself when it comes to using different compounds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes but sometimes No...
    Everyone responds different even with the same compounds and doses..I always recommend only adding one new compound per cycle...and always starting the dose on the low end first..once you know how you respond to some compounds,then when you add one and things go a bit sideways 9 out of 10 times it's the New one..and adjust things for that one..With two or more it would be a guessing game..

The harsher compounds like Drol,Sdrol,Halo and Tren should be down the road...Stronger=More Sides

Now to the but No part..
    I use some harsh compounds to push thru plateaus..but only briefly..but once your health marker start rising towards the Red...the wiser retreats and quits the stupid stuff..

Risk vs. Reward has always been my compass..in Life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Rep Points

Biggest Mistake
    Running gear for 14 months..no gains after month 8 or 9..
    The average Joe's body can't run that long without something giving..at least sure as Hell Not mine..

Some of the issues I have,I'd bet came from that run..I was never the same..
    And it was cheap running gear for that long at the prices in the 90's...No UGLs..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,761 Posts
    Rep Points

Keep family history and health in mind. Bloods dont show you a lot, like plaque formation, clotting, etc.
    I know plenty that had very low lipid levels, and ended up w/ widow-maker bypass.
    ~
    [[[[------------------]]]]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    724 Posts
    Rep Points

Not just test but Iíve been on total of 500mg or more for years. Donít do what I do I will never recommend it. With that said unless Iím in a fatloss phase or injured Iíve never just not made progress. The hormones work theyíre not like regular drugs as long youíre eating and training consistently and properly for your goal. I think a lot of guys stall because they havenít taken enough deload or off weeks and because theyíre not eating more as they get bigger or stronger, and theyíre also not chasing the log book. The more muscle you have the slower your progress will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    Not just test but Iíve been on total of 500mg or more for years. Donít do what I do I will never recommend it. With that said unless Iím in a fatloss phase or injured Iíve never just not made progress. The hormones work theyíre not like regular drugs as long youíre eating and training consistently and properly for your goal. I think a lot of guys stall because they havenít taken enough deload or off weeks and because theyíre not eating more as they get bigger or stronger, and theyíre also not chasing the log book. The more muscle you have the slower your progress will be.
    100%