BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,828 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by 58Ddriver View Post
    Lower Load/Upper Pump

190.8 lbs this morning. Holding steady since my Saturday check-in. Mont upped my food slightly this week because I was pretty fatigued last week. So far, my energy levels have been much better over the last few days. I ordered a skinfold caliper to start tracking bodyfat as well. Gonna have to take some time to educate myself on that to start tracking how it's trending. I'm not super concerned about numbers, but since I still have a good bit of fat to lose the scale is deceptive.

Good workout today. I'm still not loading the weight up on quite a few things. 20 years in the military caused quite a few chronic back issues and it's been many years since I've attempted some of the exercises we've got programmed. I'm still focused 100% on form and listening to my body for any hint of the bad kind of pain. Rather than weight, I've let my tempo be what crushes me. Super slow, 2-3 count eccentric, hold the stretch, 2-3 count concentric. So far, so good. I'm definitely hurting, but it's a good kind of hurt.

Slowly increasing weight on some, reps on others. Doing cable flies today, I was 85% sure my titties were going to explode and lost count on both sets. Definitely in the 20-30 rep range, but I'll have to do better next time keeping track. One day at a time...left foot, right foot.
    Like that log book

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by samgraves82 View Post
    Like that log book
    Amazon, man. Just got it. Was using an old 3-ring binder with loose leaf paper. This is a lot less bulky in the gym bag...

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,828 Posts
    Rep Points

Amazon, man. Just got it. Was using an old 3-ring binder with loose leaf paper. This is a lot less bulky in the gym bag...
    That's where I get mine too. Like the rings style better tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Upper Muscle Rounds

Weight: 192.1

Felt great at the gym today. Had to go a little earlier than I have been because of some obligations for school and it was a lot more crowded than usual. Had to sub out a couple exercises because of the crowd, but I still left feeling crushed. Good crushed. I'm approaching the end of my third week on cycle and second week with Monte. I think that, between the two, my body is finally starting to accept what is happening and is starting to cooperate. Between his knowledge and my noob gains, I think good things are about to start happening...

Tomorrow is lower muscle rounds, so I might not be feeling as excited in 24 hours. Still gonna go in and crush it. Should have updated pics after my Saturday morning check in with the boss. More to follow. You guys be safe...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3111.jpg  

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,828 Posts
    Rep Points

Upper Muscle Rounds

Weight: 192.1

Felt great at the gym today. Had to go a little earlier than I have been because of some obligations for school and it was a lot more crowded than usual. Had to sub out a couple exercises because of the crowd, but I still left feeling crushed. Good crushed. I'm approaching the end of my third week on cycle and second week with Monte. I think that, between the two, my body is finally starting to accept what is happening and is starting to cooperate. Between his knowledge and my noob gains, I think good things are about to start happening...

Tomorrow is lower muscle rounds, so I might not be feeling as excited in 24 hours. Still gonna go in and crush it. Should have updated pics after my Saturday morning check in with the boss. More to follow. You guys be safe...
    I had upper Mr too and lower Tomo. Sounds like we on same schedule. Lower mR day hurts in the moment but personally I handled it pretty well as far as Doms go. I'm new to it too tho so we'll see after tomorrow etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by samgraves82 View Post
    I had upper Mr too and lower Tomo. Sounds like we on same schedule. Lower mR day hurts in the moment but personally I handled it pretty well as far as Doms go. I'm new to it too tho so we'll see after tomorrow etc
    It definitely hurt in the moment. Felt every day of my 40 years when I hobbled out today...haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Lower Muscle Rounds

Weight: 192.8

Overall, it was a great workout. Starting to feel more confident adding a little weight and pushing myself more. I've just been easing myself back into things so I don't end this journey with an injury as quickly as it started.

Today was the first time I've done Smith Machine squats in YEARS. First round of muscle rounds went great. Not quite ass to grass, but well past parallel. A little over halfway through my second round, I ended up with some serious lower back pump that forced me to take a break partway through (after 4th set in the cluster) before I knocked out the last couple sets at a reduced weight. Probably a little too much too soon. That pump followed me for most of the rest of the workout.

Most everything else went great. Had to sub out the Smith SLDL for Hammer Kneeling Leg Curls because the one Smith machine was taken by the time I got back to it. Probably for the best considering the lower back pump I was dealing with. Other than that, I feel like I'm starting to get into a rhythm and that only motivates me even more.

Did my weekly check-in with Monte this morning, so we'll see how things get adjusted after he gets off work later on. Pics are first thing out of bed this morning. Too soon to start seeing progress, but that's going to change in the coming weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3121.jpg   IMG_3116.jpg   IMG_3114.jpg   IMG_3113.jpg  

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,828 Posts
    Rep Points

It definitely hurt in the moment. Felt every day of my 40 years when I hobbled out today...haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Rest day today.

Did my check in with Monte yesterday and got another bump in calories. I'm not going to pretend that I understand the why behind it, but I trust in the process and will keep learning as we move forward. He sent me a side by side shot of my back from two weeks ago til this week. I hadn't expected or noticed any changes this soon, but the man knows what he's doing. My lower back is noticeably tighter already. So, coach says "eat more".... we're eating more. Haha

Tomorrow is Upper Load/Lower Pump. Resting up today, so we can crush it tomorrow. I'll check back in later....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D729040-E328-4659-8AE6-243DE86F382B.jpeg   3C6E1E35-0EDD-4F49-B208-3434C07B7310.jpeg  

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,907 Posts
    Rep Points

Rest day today.

Did my check in with Monte yesterday and got another bump in calories. I'm not going to pretend that I understand the why behind it, but I trust in the process and will keep learning as we move forward. He sent me a side by side shot of my back from two weeks ago til this week. I hadn't expected or noticed any changes this soon, but the man knows what he's doing. My lower back is noticeably tighter already. So, coach says "eat more".... we're eating more. Haha

Tomorrow is Upper Load/Lower Pump. Resting up today, so we can crush it tomorrow. I'll check back in later....
    The why -

Even though your weight is up, you're getting leaner like we talked about with the comparison pictures.

We know your goal is to get leaner, that's the goal but, you also have lots of room to grow new tissue. With new muscle comes more calories being burned all the time which, makes it easier to lose fat later because of the new muscle burning calories AND you're eating more food so there's more room to pull back when we get to a point where we do need to pull back.

On top of that, more muscle will just make you look leaner and it'll bring body fat % down just by sheer numbers.

On top of that, training is key to everything. Diet, cardio, growing, getting leaner and so on. So, if we're feeding you more, you should be able to train harder, get stronger which points us back to the first paragraph

Btw, the difference in comparison picture is crazy after only a couple weeks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    The why -

Even though your weight is up, you're getting leaner like we talked about with the comparison pictures.

We know your goal is to get leaner, that's the goal but, you also have lots of room to grow new tissue. With new muscle comes more calories being burned all the time which, makes it easier to lose fat later because of the new muscle burning calories AND you're eating more food so there's more room to pull back when we get to a point where we do need to pull back.

On top of that, more muscle will just make you look leaner and it'll bring body fat % down just by sheer numbers.

On top of that, training is key to everything. Diet, cardio, growing, getting leaner and so on. So, if we're feeding you more, you should be able to train harder, get stronger which points us back to the first paragraph

Btw, the difference in comparison picture is crazy after only a couple weeks
    So it was written...so it shall be. Nothing but trust in the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Upper Load/Lower Pump

Weight: 192.6

Day got off to a rough start, but ended up being good overall. Last night's sleep was a dumpster fire because I was up too late studying and then tossed and turned because I was overthinking stuff for an exam I had to do today. Needless to say, motivation was pegged in the wrong direction when the alarm clock went off this morning.

10 minutes after getting to the gym that was all in the rear-view mirror. Preworkout caffeine kicked in and I was able to put in the work. Felt good, added weight and reps in a few places. Had to remind myself today that I'm not competing with guy across the way deadlifting 400+ lbs. Just competing with last week's logbook. Baby steps...

Monte didn't add much food to my diet, but my stomach says otherwise today. Having to fight it down a bit. It's all getting eaten...to the fucking gram...but it's been a bit of a struggle on a few bites. Lol

Rest day tomorrow with some cardio. Gonna take the dog for a walk. More to follow soon. You guys be safe...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 95370F39-3F4D-4C1A-B389-097A442B6B67.jpeg  

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,907 Posts
    Rep Points

Upper Load/Lower Pump

Weight: 192.6

Day got off to a rough start, but ended up being good overall. Last night's sleep was a dumpster fire because I was up too late studying and then tossed and turned because I was overthinking stuff for an exam I had to do today. Needless to say, motivation was pegged in the wrong direction when the alarm clock went off this morning.

10 minutes after getting to the gym that was all in the rear-view mirror. Preworkout caffeine kicked in and I was able to put in the work. Felt good, added weight and reps in a few places. Had to remind myself today that I'm not competing with guy across the way deadlifting 400+ lbs. Just competing with last week's logbook. Baby steps...

Monte didn't add much food to my diet, but my stomach says otherwise today. Having to fight it down a bit. It's all getting eaten...to the fucking gram...but it's been a bit of a struggle on a few bites. Lol

Rest day tomorrow with some cardio. Gonna take the dog for a walk. More to follow soon. You guys be safe...
    Baby steps on all points like you said.

Small victories every gym session and every meal turn into big ones over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points

Rest day today. Slept a lot better last night. Done with classes for the semester, so I have about a month with much fewer obligations. Definitely a good feeling...

Still fighting my appetite today. I'm getting it all down, but yesterday's meals must be hiding in there somewhere because I am definitely not hungry. Last time we adjusted the food, it took a couple days to get used to it, so I'm sure this is no different.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump, so I expect to jump start the metabolism for sure. Looking forward to it...

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,828 Posts
    Rep Points

Rest day today. Slept a lot better last night. Done with classes for the semester, so I have about a month with much fewer obligations. Definitely a good feeling...

Still fighting my appetite today. I'm getting it all down, but yesterday's meals must be hiding in there somewhere because I am definitely not hungry. Last time we adjusted the food, it took a couple days to get used to it, so I'm sure this is no different.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump, so I expect to jump start the metabolism for sure. Looking forward to it...
    It took me a few weeks to adjust and still go back and forth at times. Just stay the course. If you fail a day then chalk it up to a day lost and win again tomorrow