• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Time To Get Serious - 58Ddriver’s Log

58Ddriver

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So, I know I’m not the only guy with average genetics who is in average shape on here who is ready for change. There’s quite a few logs on the forum that have motivated the fuck out of me to get off my ass and either shit or get off the pot. I just didn’t want to wait until I had achieved my goals to start holding myself accountable. And, maybe, there’s another dude on here who just needs a shove in the right direction to do the same.

I retired from the military a couple of years ago, and like a lot of us do, let myself go to shit. About 9 months ago I was 215 lbs and at least 30% body fat. It took me being disgusted with what I’d become to get me going. I started slow…started tracking my food and working out in the home gym. Since then I’m down about 25 pounds and 5 inches off my waist. Slowly but surely…

Along the way, I ended up on TRT, progress really picked up and I got to where I needed to decide how serious to get. Fuck it, I felt great…we’re going all in.

I realized I could keep shelling out money on the cookie-cutter programs that I was using or admit that there are guys with decades more experience that can point me in the RIGHT direction. After stalking the forums for a while, I sent Montego1 a message. After chatting with him, I committed to 6 months of coaching. Yep, I’m a noob who hired a coach. Why? Because while he can’t do the work for me, I have no doubt that he’ll tell me to pull my head out of my ass and I’ll make progress exponentially faster than I would fumbling around in the dark.

So, we’re now into our second week on his program. Dude has me eating more food than I thought was humanly possible. First few days were rough, but I’ve adjusted pretty well. I found a good local gym because the home gym just wasn’t going to cut it anymore. I’ve been sore, but it’s a good sore. He’s started me off slowly, focusing on form and leaving the ego at home.

Current cycle is super basic:

Weeks 1-8: Anavar- 50mg/day
Weeks 1-12: Test C- 525 mg/week

Goals: Continue to get leaner and see where my body is willing to go with regards to musculature.

More to follow as I continue, but I just wanted to get this started for accountability. We all start somewhere, and this is it for me. Just a dude who said “fuck it, the dad-bod ain’t gonna cut it…”

Pics are from this weekend’s check-in

Attachments

• 60AE786D-8369-49F2-B554-788B82DB790B.jpeg
    60AE786D-8369-49F2-B554-788B82DB790B.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 33
  • F9807376-0764-4785-9FD2-26A3ED060420.jpeg
    F9807376-0764-4785-9FD2-26A3ED060420.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 28
Hell ya bro, your about to go boom! With Mont like you said your about to make insane progress. After a couple more weeks you'll be lookin forward to your meals haha. Good luck bro! Stay focused and let the gainz roll in!! Solid gear cycle !! Subbed!

Thanks guys! Definitely feel comfortable with my decision. Monte has been super chill and taken the time to answer all my questions, so we’re off to a good start.

Today was a rest day. Recovering from yesterday’s Upper Load/Lower Pump. A little over a week in and I can tell my legs weren’t getting the love they needed in the home gym. They’re definitely protesting at the moment.

Tonight is another night of food prep. Another 7 pounds of chicken going into the Instant Pot here shortly. Food is definitely going down easier these last few days. I knew that would be one of my bigger challenges, and I sure as hell wasn’t wrong. I’ve made it happen every day since we started, but it was an all out war at times.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump. Might be hobbling my old ass out of the gym tomorrow morning, but looking forward to it. More to follow…👊🏼

Thanks guys! Definitely feel comfortable with my decision. Monte has been super chill and taken the time to answer all my questions, so we’re off to a good start.

Today was a rest day. Recovering from yesterday’s Upper Load/Lower Pump. A little over a week in and I can tell my legs weren’t getting the love they needed in the home gym. They’re definitely protesting at the moment.

Tonight is another night of food prep. Another 7 pounds of chicken going into the Instant Pot here shortly. Food is definitely going down easier these last few days. I knew that would be one of my bigger challenges, and I sure as hell wasn’t wrong. I’ve made it happen every day since we started, but it was an all out war at times.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump. Might be hobbling my old ass out of the gym tomorrow morning, but looking forward to it. More to follow…

How are digging that post workout shake? Try it with frozen berries oh my god it’s good.

Mont. is the maker of men...

Yes, sir...That seems to be the consensus around these parts. The logs I've read all seem to prove it. Just gotta put the work in and absorb the knowledge...

Lower Load/Upper Pump

190.8 lbs this morning. Holding steady since my Saturday check-in. Mont upped my food slightly this week because I was pretty fatigued last week. So far, my energy levels have been much better over the last few days. I ordered a skinfold caliper to start tracking bodyfat as well. Gonna have to take some time to educate myself on that to start tracking how it's trending. I'm not super concerned about numbers, but since I still have a good bit of fat to lose the scale is deceptive.

Good workout today. I'm still not loading the weight up on quite a few things. 20 years in the military caused quite a few chronic back issues and it's been many years since I've attempted some of the exercises we've got programmed. I'm still focused 100% on form and listening to my body for any hint of the bad kind of pain. Rather than weight, I've let my tempo be what crushes me. Super slow, 2-3 count eccentric, hold the stretch, 2-3 count concentric. So far, so good. I'm definitely hurting, but it's a good kind of hurt.

Slowly increasing weight on some, reps on others. Doing cable flies today, I was 85% sure my titties were going to explode and lost count on both sets. Definitely in the 20-30 rep range, but I'll have to do better next time keeping track. One day at a time...left foot, right foot.

Attachments

• IMG_3084 (2).jpg
    IMG_3084 (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
IML Gear Cream!
Thank You for your Service...lots of prior Military here..

Thank You for your Service...lots of prior Military here..

No thanks necessary. I still can’t believe that I was lucky enough to to get paid to do what I did. Best job I’ll ever have had. The pension is pretty nice too…👊🏼

You're at the best forum,best members and tons of great people here..
And major points for using Mont..

Today was another rest day. Heading into a couple days of muscle rounds, so I'm sure I'll be thankful for the day off. We're also in the middle of final exams at school (yep, 40 year old college student) so I was able to use the time to get some school work done.

Food has become a non-issue. Starting to look forward to meals rather than dread them. Not starving at all, but my appetite is definitely starting to pick up.

Overall, my recovery time has been good. No denying that I'm pushing myself, but it's not like I'm limping for days at a time. Felt a little twinge in my groin yesterday when doing hanging leg raises. Honestly forgot about it til I woke up this morning, but it's definitely sore. Hurts when I cough/sneeze. Had an issue with a sports hernia (not an actual hernia) there a few years back from doing Muay Thai. I'll have to keep an eye on it over the next week or two and adjust my ab excercises if it continues to act up. Not a biggie at this point, just old man stuff...

Off to a school concert for one of the kids. More to follow after tomorrow's workout....

Lower Load/Upper Pump

190.8 lbs this morning. Holding steady since my Saturday check-in. Mont upped my food slightly this week because I was pretty fatigued last week. So far, my energy levels have been much better over the last few days. I ordered a skinfold caliper to start tracking bodyfat as well. Gonna have to take some time to educate myself on that to start tracking how it's trending. I'm not super concerned about numbers, but since I still have a good bit of fat to lose the scale is deceptive.

Good workout today. I'm still not loading the weight up on quite a few things. 20 years in the military caused quite a few chronic back issues and it's been many years since I've attempted some of the exercises we've got programmed. I'm still focused 100% on form and listening to my body for any hint of the bad kind of pain. Rather than weight, I've let my tempo be what crushes me. Super slow, 2-3 count eccentric, hold the stretch, 2-3 count concentric. So far, so good. I'm definitely hurting, but it's a good kind of hurt.

Slowly increasing weight on some, reps on others. Doing cable flies today, I was 85% sure my titties were going to explode and lost count on both sets. Definitely in the 20-30 rep range, but I'll have to do better next time keeping track. One day at a time...left foot, right foot.
Like that log book

Upper Muscle Rounds

Weight: 192.1

Felt great at the gym today. Had to go a little earlier than I have been because of some obligations for school and it was a lot more crowded than usual. Had to sub out a couple exercises because of the crowd, but I still left feeling crushed. Good crushed. I'm approaching the end of my third week on cycle and second week with Monte. I think that, between the two, my body is finally starting to accept what is happening and is starting to cooperate. Between his knowledge and my noob gains, I think good things are about to start happening...

Tomorrow is lower muscle rounds, so I might not be feeling as excited in 24 hours. Still gonna go in and crush it. Should have updated pics after my Saturday morning check in with the boss. More to follow. You guys be safe...

Attachments

• IMG_3111.jpg
    IMG_3111.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 33
Upper Muscle Rounds

Weight: 192.1

Felt great at the gym today. Had to go a little earlier than I have been because of some obligations for school and it was a lot more crowded than usual. Had to sub out a couple exercises because of the crowd, but I still left feeling crushed. Good crushed. I'm approaching the end of my third week on cycle and second week with Monte. I think that, between the two, my body is finally starting to accept what is happening and is starting to cooperate. Between his knowledge and my noob gains, I think good things are about to start happening...

Tomorrow is lower muscle rounds, so I might not be feeling as excited in 24 hours. Still gonna go in and crush it. Should have updated pics after my Saturday morning check in with the boss. More to follow. You guys be safe...
I had upper Mr too and lower Tomo. Sounds like we on same schedule. Lower mR day hurts in the moment but personally I handled it pretty well as far as Doms go. I'm new to it too tho so we'll see after tomorrow etc

Get Shredded!
I had upper Mr too and lower Tomo. Sounds like we on same schedule. Lower mR day hurts in the moment but personally I handled it pretty well as far as Doms go. I'm new to it too tho so we'll see after tomorrow etc

It definitely hurt in the moment. Felt every day of my 40 years when I hobbled out today...haha

Lower Muscle Rounds

Weight: 192.8

Overall, it was a great workout. Starting to feel more confident adding a little weight and pushing myself more. I've just been easing myself back into things so I don't end this journey with an injury as quickly as it started.

Today was the first time I've done Smith Machine squats in YEARS. First round of muscle rounds went great. Not quite ass to grass, but well past parallel. A little over halfway through my second round, I ended up with some serious lower back pump that forced me to take a break partway through (after 4th set in the cluster) before I knocked out the last couple sets at a reduced weight. Probably a little too much too soon. That pump followed me for most of the rest of the workout.

Most everything else went great. Had to sub out the Smith SLDL for Hammer Kneeling Leg Curls because the one Smith machine was taken by the time I got back to it. Probably for the best considering the lower back pump I was dealing with. Other than that, I feel like I'm starting to get into a rhythm and that only motivates me even more.

Did my weekly check-in with Monte this morning, so we'll see how things get adjusted after he gets off work later on. Pics are first thing out of bed this morning. Too soon to start seeing progress, but that's going to change in the coming weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_3121.jpg
    IMG_3121.jpg
    863.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3116.jpg
    IMG_3116.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 14
Rest day today.

Did my check in with Monte yesterday and got another bump in calories. I'm not going to pretend that I understand the why behind it, but I trust in the process and will keep learning as we move forward. He sent me a side by side shot of my back from two weeks ago til this week. I hadn't expected or noticed any changes this soon, but the man knows what he's doing. My lower back is noticeably tighter already. So, coach says "eat more".... we're eating more. Haha

Tomorrow is Upper Load/Lower Pump. Resting up today, so we can crush it tomorrow. I'll check back in later....

Attachments

• 3D729040-E328-4659-8AE6-243DE86F382B.jpeg
    3D729040-E328-4659-8AE6-243DE86F382B.jpeg
    569.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 3C6E1E35-0EDD-4F49-B208-3434C07B7310.jpeg
    3C6E1E35-0EDD-4F49-B208-3434C07B7310.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 8
Rest day today.

Did my check in with Monte yesterday and got another bump in calories. I'm not going to pretend that I understand the why behind it, but I trust in the process and will keep learning as we move forward. He sent me a side by side shot of my back from two weeks ago til this week. I hadn't expected or noticed any changes this soon, but the man knows what he's doing. My lower back is noticeably tighter already. So, coach says "eat more".... we're eating more. Haha

Tomorrow is Upper Load/Lower Pump. Resting up today, so we can crush it tomorrow. I'll check back in later....
The why -

Even though your weight is up, you're getting leaner like we talked about with the comparison pictures.

We know your goal is to get leaner, that's the goal but, you also have lots of room to grow new tissue. With new muscle comes more calories being burned all the time which, makes it easier to lose fat later because of the new muscle burning calories AND you're eating more food so there's more room to pull back when we get to a point where we do need to pull back.

On top of that, more muscle will just make you look leaner and it'll bring body fat % down just by sheer numbers.

On top of that, training is key to everything. Diet, cardio, growing, getting leaner and so on. So, if we're feeding you more, you should be able to train harder, get stronger which points us back to the first paragraph

Btw, the difference in comparison picture is crazy after only a couple weeks

The why -

Even though your weight is up, you're getting leaner like we talked about with the comparison pictures.

We know your goal is to get leaner, that's the goal but, you also have lots of room to grow new tissue. With new muscle comes more calories being burned all the time which, makes it easier to lose fat later because of the new muscle burning calories AND you're eating more food so there's more room to pull back when we get to a point where we do need to pull back.

On top of that, more muscle will just make you look leaner and it'll bring body fat % down just by sheer numbers.

On top of that, training is key to everything. Diet, cardio, growing, getting leaner and so on. So, if we're feeding you more, you should be able to train harder, get stronger which points us back to the first paragraph

Btw, the difference in comparison picture is crazy after only a couple weeks

So it was written...so it shall be. Nothing but trust in the system.

Upper Load/Lower Pump

Weight: 192.6

Day got off to a rough start, but ended up being good overall. Last night's sleep was a dumpster fire because I was up too late studying and then tossed and turned because I was overthinking stuff for an exam I had to do today. Needless to say, motivation was pegged in the wrong direction when the alarm clock went off this morning.

10 minutes after getting to the gym that was all in the rear-view mirror. Preworkout caffeine kicked in and I was able to put in the work. Felt good, added weight and reps in a few places. Had to remind myself today that I'm not competing with guy across the way deadlifting 400+ lbs. Just competing with last week's logbook. Baby steps...

Monte didn't add much food to my diet, but my stomach says otherwise today. Having to fight it down a bit. It's all getting eaten...to the fucking gram...but it's been a bit of a struggle on a few bites. Lol

Rest day tomorrow with some cardio. Gonna take the dog for a walk. More to follow soon. You guys be safe...

Attachments

• 95370F39-3F4D-4C1A-B389-097A442B6B67.jpeg
    95370F39-3F4D-4C1A-B389-097A442B6B67.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Upper Load/Lower Pump

Weight: 192.6

Day got off to a rough start, but ended up being good overall. Last night's sleep was a dumpster fire because I was up too late studying and then tossed and turned because I was overthinking stuff for an exam I had to do today. Needless to say, motivation was pegged in the wrong direction when the alarm clock went off this morning.

10 minutes after getting to the gym that was all in the rear-view mirror. Preworkout caffeine kicked in and I was able to put in the work. Felt good, added weight and reps in a few places. Had to remind myself today that I'm not competing with guy across the way deadlifting 400+ lbs. Just competing with last week's logbook. Baby steps...

Monte didn't add much food to my diet, but my stomach says otherwise today. Having to fight it down a bit. It's all getting eaten...to the fucking gram...but it's been a bit of a struggle on a few bites. Lol

Rest day tomorrow with some cardio. Gonna take the dog for a walk. More to follow soon. You guys be safe...
Baby steps on all points like you said.

Small victories every gym session and every meal turn into big ones over time.

Rest day today. Slept a lot better last night. Done with classes for the semester, so I have about a month with much fewer obligations. Definitely a good feeling...

Still fighting my appetite today. I'm getting it all down, but yesterday's meals must be hiding in there somewhere because I am definitely not hungry. Last time we adjusted the food, it took a couple days to get used to it, so I'm sure this is no different.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump, so I expect to jump start the metabolism for sure. Looking forward to it...

Rest day today. Slept a lot better last night. Done with classes for the semester, so I have about a month with much fewer obligations. Definitely a good feeling...

Still fighting my appetite today. I'm getting it all down, but yesterday's meals must be hiding in there somewhere because I am definitely not hungry. Last time we adjusted the food, it took a couple days to get used to it, so I'm sure this is no different.

Tomorrow is Lower Load/Upper Pump, so I expect to jump start the metabolism for sure. Looking forward to it...
It took me a few weeks to adjust and still go back and forth at times. Just stay the course. If you fail a day then chalk it up to a day lost and win again tomorrow

Back