• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

PIP advice

Bdawg

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I did a cc of test in my delt Thursday. Yesterday and today my entire shoulder is red, swollen, hot, and hurts to the touch. I’ve had pip before, but lucky enough to never experience what I am now. Anything to be worried about? I’ve iced of course.

NO ICE.....
If it's hot...not good...need to try a few things if No improvement..Plan B.
Heating pad(moist heat/wet washcloth)
Ibuprofen
Hot tub...or hot bath

If you have any antibiotics..pop a couple(I always have some stashed)
If no improvement in a day or 2....Plan B....ER

If it was me I’d trash it.
If it’s hot and red could be an infection.

If it was me I’d trash it.
If it’s hot and red could be an infection.

Yeah hot isn't a good sign...but I've had MCT creep...painfull as Hell,but not hot..
An inner muscle infection isn't pretty if untreated...have to take out a block-no thanks..

Make damn sure you didn't accidentally cause it with your protocol..if you continue to use that vial...be extra careful..use 1/2

Very small lump, not really even a lump… at injection point. Lump has not moved. Swollen and red about 3 inches out in all directions. The lump is not discolored (yellow or puss colored). Just red and sore. I did heat treatment and ibuprofen. I’m gonna do all day today as well. If not better by tomorrow morning going to urgent.

I’m perfect with my sterilization and the vile was already half used. Strange. Was only a cc and was very smooth.

Thanks for the help

I did a cc of test in my delt Thursday. Yesterday and today my entire shoulder is red, swollen, hot, and hurts to the touch. I’ve had pip before, but lucky enough to never experience what I am now. Anything to be worried about? I’ve iced of course.
Was this your first pin from a brand new vial? If so, I'd be worried about infection. If you've used it before, then it's mostly likely pip due to pinning technique Zion mentioned or possibly virgin muscle?

No, I had pinned several times from the vile with no issues. Yah, maybe I f’d up the technique or virgin muscle. Vile is half used and I should toss it, agreed?

IML Gear Cream!
Was this your first pin from a brand new vial? If so, I'd be worried about infection. If you've used it before, then it's mostly likely pip due to pinning technique Zion mentioned or possibly virgin muscle?

Agree...but red and hot...days after and has used it before..
I always have some penicillin stashed just for shit like this..PIP can be caused by so many things....
With as many threads about it and now with so many different carrier oils..Perhaps an independent sticky,that covers most issues..

Still same so went to urgent care just now. Got some penicillin and extra for the stash. Thanks all

Lots of posts lately about pip...hmmmmmm!...

We really need to make a sticky here on what to do with PIP because these topics appear to often.

Here are my tips:

Draw and inject with different needles
Massage the area after injection
Workout the muscle you injected in the gym
Use a heat pad when home
Use icy hot on the go
Keep massaging that area throughout the day
Hot showers help
Massage guns help too

He the same thing happen to my delt. Did your whole upper arm swell up and get red? If so it’s probably a missed shot… it’ll clear up in a few days, it sucks though. I still haven’t gotten some of my veins back from the whole ordeal… my right arm used to be my most vascular now it’s my left

We really need to make a sticky here on what to do with PIP because these topics appear to often.

Here are my tips:

Use a heat pad when home
Use icy hot on the go
Hot showers help
Massage guns help too

Yeah I agree but there’s regular ole pip where the intended muscle is sore from the shot going where it intended to go, then there’s pain from missed shots that go else where… those can be a total bitch. Like the one I had from almost 4 weeks ago in the glute that left me with debilitating sciatic nerve pain that still is there but finally improving… that one had me a bit worried man. Like nothing I’ve ever had before and no one else seemed to have anything like it before either… I was debating on going to the doctor several times with that one…

None of those things made any difference at all with that being nerve related.

Yeah I agree but there’s regular ole pip where the intended muscle is sore from the shot going where it intended to go, then there’s pain from missed shots that go else where… those can be a total bitch. Like the one I had from almost 4 weeks ago in the glute that left me with debilitating sciatic nerve pain that still is there but finally improving… that one had me a bit worried man. Like nothing I’ve ever had before and no one else seemed to have anything like it before either… I was debating on going to the doctor several times with that one…

None of those things made any difference at all with that being nerve related.

Good point. Definitely good to know the difference between PIP, a virgin muscle, and just a bad shot.

He the same thing happen to my delt. Did your whole upper arm swell up and get red? If so it’s probably a missed shot… it’ll clear up in a few days, it sucks though. I still haven’t gotten some of my veins back from the whole ordeal… my right arm used to be my most vascular now it’s my left

Yep, entire upper arm swollen, red, pain, hot. Day 4 since shot. Taking penicillin in case. My fiancé kept hitting my shoulder in bed last night… damn woke me up 10 times. Lol

Here are my tips:

Use a heat pad when home
Use icy hot on the go
Hot showers help
Massage guns help too

Good points! I follow all but don’t do the heat. I did this time though! Massaging right after seems to help me the most.

Yep, entire upper arm swollen, red, pain, hot. Day 4 since shot. Taking penicillin in case. My fiancé kept hitting my shoulder in bed last night… damn woke me up 10 times. Lol

Look similar to this? Don’t mind the pic my arms don’t usually look so bitch like lol

cb6be98714840d5a31eff9de574fd09f.jpg

Get Shredded!
I’ve had my entire arm red hot, rock hard and swollen as all hell. Ib profen every 6-8hrs and wait it out you’ll live lol

I’ve had my entire arm red hot, rock hard and swollen as all hell. Ib profen every 6-8hrs and wait it out you’ll live lol

Good to know man… now the big question… when can I start pinning in that delt again?? lol. It’s my favorite. Doc told me once it’s back to normal give it another week

Here are my tips:

Use a heat pad when home
Use icy hot on the go
Hot showers help
Massage guns help too

Already on it..PM sent...
But yes a break down and home solutions should be in that sticky..

Good to know man… now the big question… when can I start pinning in that delt again?? lol. It’s my favorite. Doc told me once it’s back to normal give it another week

You got two arms doncha?

I’d listen to the dr and give that a shot ;) see what I did there! No but seriously mine was way worse and I had already fully commit to not going to the wall in unless it turned purple and had lines in it showing signs of infection.

I’d listen to the dr and give that a shot ;) see what I did there! No but seriously mine was way worse and I had already fully commit to not going to the wall in unless it turned purple and had lines in it showing signs of infection.

Nice one Afont! I’ll save the trip to the doc next time… seeing guys with holes in their quads and delts kind of freaked me out.

Back