• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Calling all the old farts

Not to keep asking all about the negatives but at around what age did you start to feel vulnerable for the first time. By what I mean by that is like when did you realize it was time to flee rather than stay and fight. This is hard to explain I guess but when I walk into a room more times than not I’m pretty confident I could take any other people in there pretty easily. Not that I could it’s just that mental thing that says “fuck em”. When does that start to fade???

Not to keep asking all about the negatives but at around what age did you start to feel vulnerable for the first time. By what I mean by that is like when did you realize it was time to flee rather than stay and fight. This is hard to explain I guess but when I walk into a room more times than not I’m pretty confident I could take any other people in there pretty easily. Not that I could it’s just that mental thing that says “fuck em”. When does that start to fade???

I'm more worried about the court costs after I shatter something on somebody.

Yeah it was probably a poor example of what I was trying to say. Fuck it. I probably don’t want to know anyway.

I'm more worried about the court costs after I shatter something on somebody.

That's what tren is for.

Seriously though, you still have that feeling. But it is reserved for what it is truly appropriate for. Candy ass BS you will begin to blow off for what it is and it won't phase you as much. You'll process what level of aggression is acceptable much better (hopefully). You'll laugh off the minor stuff, process whether the midsize stuff is worth jail/court/legal fees, and you'll be calmer when the big stuff goes down.

What you'll be afraid of is the heart attack when your blood starts pumping like crazy. Or stroke or aneurysm. Then you'll wish you'd done more cardio in the gym.

I was good until I hit around 49 to 50. In my mid 40’s I was still lifting with some coworkers in their 20’s to early 30’s and still out pacing them. I was playing softball, racquetball and basketball at least daily. I tore my rotator cuff at 47 and rehab that and felt pretty good. I couldn’t play racquetball after that but still did basketball quite often. Covid hit when I was 49 and everything slowed down and the gym’s closed. It really put a hurt on this older guy and I just haven’t been able to get into the daily grind again on a regular basis. I’m trying but I can tell a huge difference on my cardio and strength. Not going to lie it’s been a bummer and has really got to me mentally. I’m not going to give up and will get back at least close to where I was hopefully. Enough of poor me I need to get my dead ass up and to the gym

what kind of “rooms" are you walking into? I only walk in restaurant bars these days so I may not be able to answer that question in proper context

Last edited:
I feel that way everytime I walk in to work lol

Sorry..I feel pretty damn confident in most sits..but always aware of that 5% that isn't factored in..That could be Your Ass..So. There is that..

Get Shredded!
I enjoy the feeling walking into work being the top in physical shape work horse. I sat with a table of guys at work the other day a fellow asked me "hey man, your a big guy but I think could take you bruh".... I looked at him smiled and said "bud I could throw you on the ground and rape you in front of the these guys and there's not a thing noone could do right now to stop me if I wanted to"...the whole table just got dead silent.. the foreman spoke up " yeah you know hes right we couldn't stop him and he laughed"

Now at 48 I'm paying for GYM mistakes I did as younger, bad knees, sore back, shoulder pain, reduced mobility, .... oh well... you know what I would do to younger myself if I could gi back in time, .....

But I have to admit, I newer looked better and muscular before as I do now. Because of AAS usage for last 5-6 years ofcourse hahahah

38 I noticed couldn’t stay as muscular and joints became a problem for pushing bigger weights . Mainly my shoulders

At 55 I'm still trying to hang on.
I havent lost much strength. (maybe becaue I was natty until I turned 50 then jumped on TRT).
But, lifting straight since 1978 (age 12). (43 yrs of this stuff).
Injuries and joints/tendons are getting worn, and always in pain, but is what it is... (new pic).

Attachments

• 2022-mm-avvy-2.jpg
    2022-mm-avvy-2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 17
I havent lost much strength. (maybe becaue I was natty until I turned 50 then jumped on TRT).
Injuries and joints/tendons are getting worn, and always in pain, but is what it is... (new pic).
All that hard work really shows man...just gotta keep going forward in the best way possible as Father Time surely isn't kind.

I started feeling it at 38 however I had my levels checked at 45 and was still in the 800's... I went downhill fast though, at 48 I had them checked and they were under 300..

I started feeling it at 38 however I had my levels checked at 45 and was still in the 800's... I went downhill fast though, at 48 I had them checked and they were under 300..

Guess I was a bit luckier as before my first ever cycle at 52 test level was 520. My last test last year had level at 430...

First cycle at 51 and I was in the low 400’s. I tanked from there and on TRT. I never went off a cliff in performance/strength/stamina… started noticing decreases in early 40’s and slow down hill since. Now I use gear so I don’t spin the wheels.

Damn bro… I’d like to be here at 55

IML Gear Cream!
He waits for no one... Thx Mindless...

Certainly isn't kind to me as I'm pushing close to 58...the hurts are starting and I'm doing my level best to push forward as well.

As someone who just cracked forty , and up until three years ago never had any aches and pains , now it's something diff every day , this is valuable info man salute I'm listening

Splishsplash2323;1974698 said:
As someone who just cracked forty , and up until three years ago never had any aches and pains , now it's something diff every day , this is valuable info man salute I'm listening
It gets worse. Much worse.

50 was creeping up fast (3 months ago,December) . It was august and I decided, it’s been over 20 years since of been in a gym or touched a weight . August I decided it was time to get back at it . I was really surprised how much strength I had lost over the years , of being a lazy fat pile of shit ! So, now I’m surprised it has came back some what fast . I’m sure I will probably never bench over 500 again or r even attempt it . I feel the biggest issue now days are the aches n pains ! Just absolutely no reason , wake up in pain that doesn’t go way . There is really only one way to recover and it’s time off, and I don’t want to do that and loose gains ! In august bench 225 was tough , currently sets of 300 is smooth . I’m looking forward to getting a year of training back under my belt and see how far I’ve improved, if o can keep injuries at bay !!

Ugh turning 47 next month. Joints are all shot from sports & athletics all my life. I can FINALLY go back to the gym tomorrow as all the mandates are being lifted. I just had injections in my spine Thursday bc I have bad arthritis in my facet joints, hope it helps.

NY_Angie;1974802 said:
Ugh turning 47 next month. Joints are all shot from sports & athletics all my life. I can FINALLY go back to the gym tomorrow as all the mandates are being lifted. I just had injections in my spine Thursday bc I have bad arthritis in my facet joints, hope it helps.

they help a lot of people , I had them done twice with no benefit . Hopefully they work for you !!!

Bigdaddyjak;1974811 said:
they help a lot of people , I had them done twice with no benefit . Hopefully they work for you !!!

Thanks brother! I’m on my feet all day so I couldn’t take the pain anymore

Stop worrying about fighting so much and start worrying about fucking more my friend. It's a lot more fun and ur not pissing blood the next day. But to answer ur question- 45-50 feel like I aged 20 years instead of 5. I swear I thought I replied to this a looooong time ago. Multi probably deleted it- jk.

hot rod;1975326 said:
Stop worrying about fighting so much and start worrying about fucking more my friend. It's a lot more fun and ur not pissing blood the next day. But to answer ur question- 45-50 feel like I aged 20 years instead of 5. I swear I thought I replied to this a looooong time ago. Multi probably deleted it- jk.

I'd never!

Attachments

• thomas.jpg
    thomas.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 24
We're swimming in a sea of artificial estrogen it you listen to the experts talk about water bottles the chemicals in them are like synthetic estrogen. Plus tap water literally has birth control pills in them. It's almost like they castration men these days you have to really try to watch those things. Get a filter for your tap water & use supplements to counter it. There's some very good info on it you tube.

Back