• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

HFO3 ... On the straight and narrow

Get Shredded!
Awesome log bro, I can’t get over you meal choices. I’m drooling. Couldn’t figure out if I was on ASF my thefoodchannel forums.

I’m curious what are your goals? You say get back in shape but what does that mean to you?

Thanks for following :) I’m following yours also.

895912b63e55c21e92517845e2bf1afd.jpg

You’re question is funny but I will answer it with a old photo. That is what I consider me in shape above, I’m your average gym rat with non-big genetics

Take your guess at body fat if you want

As for my plan this go around l am in no hearty I spent 2021 doing some damage and I’m coming back slow and strong but I am starting to see some changes. If I tighten the leash to food bowl up I’m not that far off
78797164470ad58b2db7c86ea632c2e8.jpeg

That’s me when I’m al little more focused so time will tell MM … but like I’ve said I’ve got the petal to the metal and I’m not stopping short of my goal.

Last edited:
Here’s tonight dinner for Texas Roadhouse

c9fe34e337d975f411f6b83d7be81def.jpg

25Oz ribeye bone in
Steak tater fries
Loaded baker

And the little woman had the medium rare sirloin and sweet pontoarão

I can’t even come up with words at how delicious that steak was I ate it all, I never eat it all at once as a another matter of fact my dog just finished the bone to that ribeye lol
fca66d29f63947b0369cd30bf16995d3.jpg

Holy mother of God those meals look terrific, compared to what I've been eating or at least living on these past several weeks. What I would do to have the ability to smell or taste any of those.
Good for you man, get it on, get it in and enjoy all of this brother. You are firing on all cylinders and you're fully torqued.

Thank you V. I was firing on all cylinders but just
since mon amd tue I’ve been drinking Thera flu and NyQuil for symptoms of stuffy head and runny nose.

I took those days off but I went today and I fired off 3 sets I machine per body part. I may take tomorrow off if I don’t improve. We shall see

I’m taking every sup I need but I ran out of vitamin c and that’s the one I want the most, I’m still getting 2 grams but i believe I do better with much more per day

Last edited:
Thanks for following :) I’m following yours also.

895912b63e55c21e92517845e2bf1afd.jpg

You’re question is funny but I will answer it with a old photo. That is what I consider me in shape above, I’m your average gym rat with non-big genetics

Take your guess at body fat if you want

As for my plan this go around l am in no hearty I spent 2021 doing some damage and I’m coming back slow and strong but I am starting to see some changes. If I tighten the leash to food bowl up I’m not that far off
78797164470ad58b2db7c86ea632c2e8.jpeg

That’s me when I’m al little more focused so time will tell MM … but like I’ve said I’ve got the petal to the metal and I’m not stopping short of my goal.

Well that definitely clears some things up for me bro! Wasn’t sure where you were coming from saying you’re “out of shape “ depending on the person that could mean you’re obese or maybe you just lost a little bit of muscle of the years but are still very well built… which you definitely are very well built… excited to watch you get back there hfo and thanks for following mine as well. Log has been a bit dry lately been super swamped, wife is even considering hiring a cleaning lady which I just can’t justify because that’s money I could be spending on gear and food so shit son I better get cleaning!

Thank you V. I was firing on all cylinders but just
since mon amd tue I’ve been drinking Thera flu and NyQuil for symptoms of stuffy head and runny nose.

I took those days off but I went today and I fired off 3 sets I machine per body part. I may take tomorrow off if I don’t improve. We shall see

I’m taking every sup I need but I ran out of vitamin c and that’s the one I want the most, I’m still getting 2 grams but i believe I do better with much more per day

Well, It’s Monday and Im still off the gym and off work. I ended up very sick and have been on OTC meds like thera-flu and NyQuil day and nighttime, I feel better today with no meds yet I’m still exhausted which is to be expected, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. Wish me well and I’ll check back later when I have some thing new to say

Well, It’s Monday and Im still off the gym and off work. I ended up very sick and have been on OTC meds like thera-flu and NyQuil day and nighttime, I feel better today with no meds yet I’m still exhausted which is to be expected, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. Wish me well and I’ll check back later when I have some thing new to say

Damn man...go get tested as you might have had the 'Rona. Get well and slam down the vites and water. I caught the bug around Xmas, and still feeling the lingering exhaustion and also developed some irregular heartbeats which I made appt with a cardiologist.

Hope it all will pass withing a couple weeks and I myself is slowly regaining my energy so get tested and hang in there.

Last edited:
Well that definitely clears some things up for me bro! Wasn’t sure where you were coming from saying you’re “out of shape “ depending on the person that could mean you’re obese or maybe you just lost a little bit of muscle of the years but are still very well built… which you definitely are very well built… excited to watch you get back there hfo and thanks for following mine as well. Log has been a bit dry lately been super swamped, wife is even considering hiring a cleaning lady which I just can’t justify because that’s money I could be spending on gear and food so shit son I better get cleaning!

Thanks brother, I have a lot of work to get back to this level of conditioning;being sick for this past week really sucked scene I was turning the page to the next level, however I stayed a pretty close course with my macro numbers just kept a lower total calorie count, so I should seee very little loss form this week off.

Maybe you already know this but if not ... Take the 5 languages of love test (its online) and find out what her likes and needs are while she finds out what your likes and needs are , that book and test should be a pre requisite for all relationships, and especially marriages. If one of your woman5 love languages is a “acts of service” do the dishes with shirt off, make sure she watches you ... then tell her bring your fine lil ass over here woman.... You won’t regret it haha

Morning bros, its wednesday morning and I’m still struggling with energy levels being in the gutter from being sick. I had been off OTC meds since the weekend with no symptoms so I went to the gym Tuesday to push some iron a round...it was an ok endeavor I got a slight pump but better than where I have been so I’ll take this as a win. I took yesterday off, I am thinking I’ll go EOD for a while, we’ shall see

seated hamstrings 3 sets 15ish reps
abduction/adduction 3x 15ish
calves 1 set to failure
3 sets tricep cable exts
3 sets one arm cable curls (shoulder height-full stretch)

I left physically exhausted, which makes no sense, this is tough cold flu season but today is a new day and Im going back at it later today. Stay healthy bros.

I am feeling healthier and slightly stronger today so today was a win in the gym, keeping that slow tempo is killing it. To you new guys don't cheat your self by rushing through your sets, set a slow tempo *think* stretch*contract* with every rep, you won’t regret it.

HS machine upper back rows
under hand row machine
back chest supported rows

rear delts
isolated single cable across the chest about 45 degree angle

biceps
preacher curl machine
DB spider curls

Dinner is coming up...honey orange habanero salmon filets with sides of cauliflower rice mixed with quinoa w, diced cherry tomatoes and a little feta cheese for that added superb flavor.

I am feeling healthier and slightly stronger today so today was a win in the gym, keeping that slow tempo is killing it. To you new guys don't cheat your self by rushing through your sets, set a slow tempo *think* stretch*contract* with every rep, you won’t regret it.

HS machine upper back rows
under hand row machine
back chest supported rows

rear delts
isolated single cable across the chest about 45 degree angle

biceps
preacher curl machine
DB spider curls

Dinner is coming up...honey orange habanero salmon filets with sides of cauliflower rice mixed with quinoa w, diced cherry tomatoes and a little feta cheese for that added superb flavor.
This :p

IML Gear Cream!
A little pre dinner snack

These were delicious, I had to come back and list the total ingredients lol If you live near a Central Market I give these my best and highest for sushi rolls and I’m a picky SOB when it comes to sushi so you can count on these to be tasty!

Spicy real snow crab roll
avocado
jalepeno rolled into seaweed
sushi rice with vinegar
topped with slices of avocado
sesame seeds
coated with spicy mayo
eel sauce
sriracha sauce

05adc39b6e26390d66447216b84f9257.jpg

Last edited:
If your looking for something to add some spice to your same ol same ol dinner try a box of this with your favorite meat

c339b61104251ae192f954b1dd594c53.jpg

c3e54b4dca4104460601731febe7d1fa.jpg

I add the feta cheese but the cauliflower/quinoa cooks in 4 minutes in the microwave.

Indeed, most guys here already know this, but the ones who dont that are reading this... SLOW IT DOWN and stretch it out then flex the fuck out of it. AN underrated or maybe overlooked workout is flexing and posing, theres no other way to better learn to control the individual muscle than posing. Once you get that down your gym game will level up just knowing how to flex a muscle properly, many people just push the reps at phenomenal speed missing out of quite aa bit of activation if not most m fiber recruitment and time the muscle is under active tension is time your actually getting a pump.

I’m a numbers guy so I’ll explain it this way...

If you do the math, 3 x10 working sets at 45 seconds per set of each rep is 135 seconds of active fiber recruitment
3x15 reps at 15 seconds each rep is 45 seconds of active fiber recruitment time
You literally get 3 x the workout from just slowing down, the plethora of benefits starting with less potential for injury and a more balanced build, going slow makes you have to drop the weight a little keeping you stable and using muscles more evenly ... anyway this could turn intern article lol so I leave it right here

3ab96189d87b4a79578182fa33731bad.jpg

Has anyone tried this quinoa and cauliflower mix? Todays second meal

3ab96189d87b4a79578182fa33731bad.jpg

Has anyone tried this quinoa and cauliflower mix? Todays second meal

I haven’t but I use separately. I make killer cauliflower rice w shallots/garlic/some red wine vinegar/Parmesan Reggiano/black pepper. I buy fresh(pulse it) and have the huge frozen bag already riced. Sauté everything and stir in fresh cauliflower riced . Soo delicious if you’re on low carbs ! Oh, And Olive oil !

Max
I eat Ancient Grains Cereal (for a treat/grains/fiber). It has Quinoa, flax, plus a few others. I actually like the quinoa/red lentil pasta too. Great item .

Morning bros, its wednesday morning and I’m still struggling with energy levels being in the gutter from being sick. I had been off OTC meds since the weekend with no symptoms so I went to the gym Tuesday to push some iron a round...it was an ok endeavor I got a slight pump but better than where I have been so I’ll take this as a win. I took yesterday off, I am thinking I’ll go EOD for a while, we’ shall see

seated hamstrings 3 sets 15ish reps
abduction/adduction 3x 15ish
calves 1 set to failure
3 sets tricep cable exts
3 sets one arm cable curls (shoulder height-full stretch)

I left physically exhausted, which makes no sense, this is tough cold flu season but today is a new day and Im going back at it later today. Stay healthy bros.

Btw- that was a great pic(selfie), looked great and I actually like when I’m in the 10-13% bf because I feel good & strong! AND THAT MEAL WAS RIDICK!! Makes me wanna go eat a Tomahawk Rib Eye. Sooo expensive now! I went grocery shopping and my bill was over 30% more. All prices went up ! Even condiments. One avocado was 5.99! Stupid !

Max

Yeah, take Er Easy while sick! I try to just do cardio & take in a lot of fluids & Easy digesting food. Hope you get well soon. Saw people at Pharmacy getting the seasonal flu shot today. Sucks ! I have those flu pills, Tamiflu(Rx), I think they are antivirals. They helped me 5yrs ago w that bad flu. Cut symptoms down. But rest is the only thing that helps me.

I haven’t but I use separately. I make killer cauliflower rice w shallots/garlic/some red wine vinegar/Parmesan Reggiano/black pepper. I buy fresh(pulse it) and have the huge frozen bag already riced. Sauté everything and stir in fresh cauliflower riced . Soo delicious if you’re on low carbs ! Oh, And Olive oil !

Max
I eat Ancient Grains Cereal (for a treat/grains/fiber). It has Quinoa, flax, plus a few others. I actually like the quinoa/red lentil pasta too. Great item .

That sounds pretty easy actually, I have never tried to make my own but I will try that now, thanks for the recipe Max :)

I eat a KETO nut granola (ingredients below) with my greek yogurt for breakfast and snacks, I also add fresh sliced strawberries or thawed blueberries
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
coconut chips
almonds
pecans
Erythritol
Mank fruit extract
butter
blueberries
cinnamon
I’ll thro up some pictures of it when I get back on tapatalk.

Btw- that was a great pic(selfie), looked great and I actually like when I’m in the 10-13% bf because I feel good & strong! AND THAT MEAL WAS RIDICK!! Makes me wanna go eat a Tomahawk Rib Eye. Sooo expensive now! I went grocery shopping and my bill was over 30% more. All prices went up ! Even condiments. One avocado was 5.99! Stupid !

Max

Yeah, take Er Easy while sick! I try to just do cardio & take in a lot of fluids & Easy digesting food. Hope you get well soon. Saw people at Pharmacy getting the seasonal flu shot today. Sucks ! I have those flu pills, Tamiflu(Rx), I think they are antivirals. They helped me 5yrs ago w that bad flu. Cut symptoms down. But rest is the only thing that helps me.

Yeah and inflation’s at 6% LOL:jerkit: 5.99 an avocado is retarded, those are Central Market rices around here.. lol They mark up everything but you can get some quality 5 star items there you cann’t get most other places so I shop very minimally there, but they have an attached deli that makes most everything they selll fresh so I eat lunch there pretty often. anyways, fwiw Kroger had avocados 2 for $3 tonight.

Tonights dinner came prepped from Central Market

It was Rockefellar stuffed Verlasso Salmon
Cooked sliced almonds with stringbeans

and as an appetizer I has a sushi roll (tuna, salmon, avocado, jalapeño, sriracha etc...

hey thanks Max,Im doing much better, I took a whooping for the better part of 10 days I think. I am taking it very easy, Im going in EOD and hitting a few muscle groups to keep everything somewhat full of blood, a far cry from my plan of
Tonight I did 3 sets pulldown
5 sets shoulder press combined on a machine HS and another one that allowed for a different angle

triceps pressdowns ez curl bar (heavy) slow tempo for great eccentric motion but you lose a little on peak contraction
long rope press downs that allow me to get my hands past my body and really get the full peak contraction

I felt exhausted so I called it, took a hydro massage and went to the market

prior to being sick this was my routine
chest (focus)/back
hams and quads
off day
back (focus)/chest
shoulders/biceps/triceps

weekends off

Last edited:
97816dd8a60b3808bce54a77f2cabc6d.jpg

59a9c38a9d78fd883d3e47f273c9a91e.jpg

63705f5e5259b5023063717ee7483e7e.jpg

802ba8f64030faec31b971237ff2c722.jpg

Tonight’s sushi was pretty good, I’ve never had the one with fish eggs on it so trying it was a must. I give it a 6 out of 10, I think it was fish roe.... anyway I prefer the crab or salmon, tuna avocado or the Godzilla roll, it has everything imaginable

Last edited:
97816dd8a60b3808bce54a77f2cabc6d.jpg

59a9c38a9d78fd883d3e47f273c9a91e.jpg

63705f5e5259b5023063717ee7483e7e.jpg

802ba8f64030faec31b971237ff2c722.jpg

Tonight’s sushi was pretty good, I’ve never had the one with fish eggs on it so trying it was a must. I give it a 6 out of 10, I think it was fish roe.... anyway I prefer the crab or salmon, tuna avocado or the Godzilla roll, it has everything imaginable

Omg ! I have a love affair w sushi! I quit raw oysters after seeing a guy get Vibrio from one raw oyster ! (He was 30 and immuno-compromised) his wife told him just to try one! . They removed both legs; he apparently said that he didn’t blame the restaurant and would still come back to visit! Guy had quite the good disposition for just losing his legs! (Scared my ass from eating that way, I grill/bbq/steam or Airfry-panfry). Sushi though is another thing ; I have never ever been sick and I do make my own also. I have had 2 nice kits & one class on making rolls , hand rolls, poke, etc.
Toro(fatty tuna belly) is my favorite cut of fish so far ....melts like butter . They always limit the Sashimi to 2 pieces (if at all), when getting all you can eat. So damn! You in New Orleans? I love the Olive Salad mix for Muffaletta!! I always buy the Big Glass Jar along with some Cafe Du Monde Beignet Mix & Coffee. It’s touristy but, I am a sucker for a warm Muffaletta w/ great bread . Even the Junior/mini stores sell Po’ Boys and I always get a few(the original Roast beef , I also like the Fried Shrimp/Oyster Po Boy w Cajun Remoulade ! Masago- is the orange Smelt Roe and I am not fond of it either and actually sometimes skip the seaweed paper(they have an egg based roll). Now...I love Caviar (Ossetra/(Osetra) better than Beluga! California Royal White Sturgeon, Grey Sevruga, Some N. Carolina smoked caviar are very good AND are fish eggs but 1000% different (taste/texture). I skip that Masago but if you ever get the chance and see a cold, iced seafood platter - King & Dungeness Crab, Prawns, Oysters, Clams, Special Fish o day, along with Caviar (most caviar is in a tin on a large platter and surround with small bowls of chopped egg yolks and egg whites, lemon wedges, red onion, chives, creme fraiche, and Toast Points (or Carrs Water Crackers). Change the game for me, I thought fish eggs were Bait! Lol. What a surprise but, some are completely gross, definitely try it next time you are in Las Vegas or any French Canadian, or Norwegian Restaurant. It’s nice to have great food! It’s right up there w Good Sex! Lol

Max

Btw - pumpkin seeds are in the cereal too. Plus I roast my own. .

same philosophy Im EOD and instinctively training

tonight was 4 sets HS upper back rows h keeping elbows out at a 90 during ROM. , this ROM focuses on the rear delts, traps, upper lats and the rhomboids as opposed to elbows at about a 30 when the whole lat really ages and your activation is just improved

over handT bar rows 90 degree also
chase aasssiste bent over t bar rows with elbows closer in to my side
high setting overhead singel cable across my chest rear delt to down by my side ...I dont have a name for it I just know it isolates the rear delt better than the reverse fly machine evert could

preacher curls 4 sets each
spider curls 4 seta each

heavy incline barbell
3 x15 using a pause rest to get me there

3 sets smith squats slows tempo as usual 15 reps light weight .... just keeping some blow flow until I can hammer quads and hams again plus the cardio I get from the squat is nice, my heart pounds pretty hard after a set

thats when I called and I was woooped

came home and made a orange honey habanero salmon filet with a baked potato and Im done.

I would drop s pic but you guys have seen the salmon a time or two lol

Also I know Im getting close to my 56 days, I didn’t count my sick days, Ill count them up tomorrow and pics will be forthcoming

stay healthy bros, seems everyone is getting some form of funk.

- - - Updated - - -

Following, kill it brotha

Thank you and Im giving it all I got.

Today was my day off, yesterday was legs ..So yesterday was the first back to back session Ive had since I got sick and I felt fine today which is a great sign that I am ut of the woods and will continue to get stronger and healthier

each and every rep was slow tempo... pain
8 x15 sets laying leg curls
8 x15 sets sled or leg press 8x
3 x15 sets leg extensions

I’v been focused on eating cleaner this week. Im ready to up my test and Mast dosages soon, I may even add a compound but I’ll be keeping my proviron @75mgs a day

Tonight’s cheat meal is the Godzillla roll

8d3ca11cdb9b7fcd14b572a72bb4db37.jpg

Dinner was 1/4 lb 93/7 beef and 3/4 cup jasmine rice topped with a small amount of sharp cheddar

d558cc12cd5c76afa76b9260cf4e0eac.jpg

Tonight’s cheat meal is the Godzillla roll

8d3ca11cdb9b7fcd14b572a72bb4db37.jpg

Dinner was 1/4 lb 93/7 beef and 3/4 cup jasmine rice topped with a small amount of sharp cheddar

d558cc12cd5c76afa76b9260cf4e0eac.jpg

Damn brother that Godzilla roll looks amazing, my mouth is actually watering !
Glad your starting to feel that momentum picking too man.
Keep Killin It !!

Damn brother that Godzilla roll looks amazing, my mouth is actually watering !
Glad your starting to feel that momentum picking too man.
Keep Killin It !!

The Godzilla is out of this world and its 10 large pieces about twice as much food as an average sushi roll, I used the fork in the pic to scale the size of this thing lol
ingredients are (tuna, salmon, red snapper, topped with spicy crab mix, spicy sriracha mayo and eel sauce)

Thanks for the words of encouragement brother

Last edited:
Your food always looks amazing!! Im sure your looking pretty damn good about now, cant wait to see them pics. Your old pics are impressive to say the least! Hope your doing good bro!!

Your food always looks amazing!! Im sure your looking pretty damn good about now, cant wait to see them pics. Your old pics are impressive to say the least! Hope your doing good bro!!
Him and Max have the best food hands down.. His meals truly, do always look amazing.. His old pics, yeah, he's nasty, trap city..

- - - Updated - - -

speaking in which, HFO, hows training, and what are you doing for shoulders?

Update: ROUND 2 ...I was back on track and feeling great, I was back in the gym and not using anymore OTC meds and then out of no where I get nailed with the mother of al sore throats and now killer body aches.

I can bring up to date my workouts when I feel little more like typing, it seems like everyone I know is either sick, just getting over being sick or at least knows a few people sick...

This is just another hurdle and like the last hurdle "this too shall pass"... heres a couple of update pics from Fridays session just to show I have been busy when Im not sick.

Update: ROUND 2 ...I was back on track and feeling great, I was back in the gym and not using anymore OTC meds and then out of no where I get nailed with the mother of al sore throats and now killer body aches.

I can bring up to date my workouts when I feel little more like typing, it seems like everyone I know is either sick, just getting over being sick or at least knows a few people sick...

This is just another hurdle and like the last hurdle "this too shall pass"... heres a couple of update pics from Fridays session just to show I have been busy when Im not sick.

e04ac04cb3888b299822f6d1d6d443ac.jpg

1c3fc53d1ddb5ebac8facea39f7de095.jpg

Im satisfied with my progress considering I missed so many days to being sick... but I have a long way to go.

Last edited:
Back