First real disappointment in life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    Drugsgear's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,104

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    614
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    First real disappointment in life

    With all these decorations starting even earlier this year than before around the globe, I have a question: do you remember how old you were when you stopped believing in Santa Claus? And why? Did you see some actor getting dressed up? Or did your parents tell you?



    We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com


  2. #2
    Registered User
    docgreen77's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Age
    51
    Posts
    444

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    372
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    111
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Rep Points
    438077905

    Well I was in the third grade. My family was at my great grandpa’s house. Back then we had the talk around community phone. You could get on the phone at any time and listen to other people’s conversation. Well my cousin and I heard the phone ring. We saw my mom pick it up. So we ran to the bedroom and quietly picked up the receiver. We heard my mom tell my 2 uncles to put the gifts in certain spots. We spent the night at my other grandparents house. Next morning we went home and my mom said, I wonder what Santa left for you guys? I didn’t say anything to my younger brother and sister. But then I knew that there wasn’t a Santa. But hey, my mom worked her ass off. Single parent. My dad never helped out until I was about 17-18. Oh well. Shit happens

  3. #3
    Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    20,727

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,910
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,009
    Thanked in
    5,549 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Drugsgear View Post
    With all these decorations starting even earlier this year than before around the globe, I have a question: do you remember how old you were when you stopped believing in Santa Claus? And why? Did you see some actor getting dressed up? Or did your parents tell you?

    This is an interesting topic, the wife and I were just having it just the other day.

    Oh my, I had to be about 9 when it was officially confirmed that Santa was in fact my parents.
    I stumbled across some gifts, because I didn't know how to mind my own business, and I was poking around where I didn't belong. Christmas was always magical, I would even have a decent sized little tree in my bedroom next to my bed and I would fall asleep staring at the lights. To be young again, like most parents in the world, mine did a great job at protecting us from the ugliness of the world by allowing us to have the one single opportunity with just being a child and that was our only job.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    bigtime916's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    In the Basement
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,184

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,696
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,775
    Thanked in
    1,665 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    We told our daughter at 10 and she was mad that we didn't keep it going. We explained kids at school would tell her and felt it would be best to tell her before that happened.

    That said we decorated two days ago. Yeah early but it's been a shit year so a little early Joy is a ok with me.

  5. #5
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    22,031

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23,072
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27,888
    Thanked in
    13,164 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Santa is real. Fuck anyone who says otherwise.

  6. #6
    Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    20,727

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,910
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9,009
    Thanked in
    5,549 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    We told our daughter at 10 and she was mad that we didn't keep it going. We explained kids at school would tell her and felt it would be best to tell her before that happened.

    That said we decorated two days ago. Yeah early but it's been a shit year so a little early Joy is a ok with me.
    My stepdaughter told our son, and I was a bit upset about that. She's much much older.
    He was devastated. So I completely understand from her perspective. Kids should act like kids for as long as they possibly can..

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    2,117

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,955
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,121
    Thanked in
    780 Posts
    Rep Points
    15493610

    Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    My stepdaughter told our son, and I was a bit upset about that. She's much much older.
    He was devastated. So I completely understand from her perspective. Kids should act like kids for as long as they possibly can..
    I don’t remember any particular moment that gave it away. Just kinda seemed like bull shit the whole time and I was always pretty suspicious. I was pretty young though when I got my parents to admit he was fake…Always been a really scientific/practical minded individual so the “magical” aspect just didn’t sit right with me…

  8. #8
    Carpet-Chewer
    Augustine5I's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    7,250

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,886
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,921
    Thanked in
    2,184 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    My older siblings told me at some point.

    But usually there’s Jew kid in school who fucks it up for the others. Lol.

    My son was 5 when his grandma told him (wife’s side). She a jehovah witness.

    I was pissed.

  9. #9
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    54

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    25
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Rep Points
    360100

    I’m 40 years old with 5 kids of my own and my dad still won’t admit that there’s no Santa. Gotta give him props for sticking to his story all these years…😂

    I found out when I was around 10 and listening to the radio and a DJ was talking about it.

  10. #10
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    22,031

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23,072
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27,888
    Thanked in
    13,164 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Augustine5I View Post
    My son was 5 when his grandma told him (wife’s side). She a jehovah witness.

    I was pissed.
    That's not kosher. I'd be pissed too.

  11. #11
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    225

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    131
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    270
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Rep Points
    4837751

    My granddaughter told me this year that I was 🎅 santa claus

  12. #12
    Registered User
    bigtime916's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    In the Basement
    Age
    47
    Posts
    7,184

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,696
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,775
    Thanked in
    1,665 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    My stepdaughter told our son, and I was a bit upset about that. She's much much older.
    He was devastated. So I completely understand from her perspective. Kids should act like kids for as long as they possibly can..
    At the same time you don't want other kids in school closing your kid because they don't know Santa isn't real.

  13. #13
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    22,031

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23,072
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27,888
    Thanked in
    13,164 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by so1970 View Post
    My granddaughter told me this year that I was  santa claus
    Words that inspire a cut cycle.

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    2,376

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,491
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,458
    Thanked in
    1,408 Posts
    Rep Points
    39439552

    I didn’t even know there was such a thing called Santa until I started grade school. No Santa ever came to my house when I was a kid so it was never even an issue whether he was real or not. I guess for me he never existed in the first place. I do remember the other kids all laughing at me because I didn’t think he was real. Well guess who got the last laugh when they finally found out the truth. Haha

  15. #15
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    Drugsgear's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,104

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    614
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    You have just told the story of love and care, not about Santa. Your mom did a great job, and it's good you didn't tell the secret to your little brother and sis.

    Quote Originally Posted by docgreen77 View Post
    Well I was in the third grade. My family was at my great grandpa’s house. Back then we had the talk around community phone. You could get on the phone at any time and listen to other people’s conversation. Well my cousin and I heard the phone ring. We saw my mom pick it up. So we ran to the bedroom and quietly picked up the receiver. We heard my mom tell my 2 uncles to put the gifts in certain spots. We spent the night at my other grandparents house. Next morning we went home and my mom said, I wonder what Santa left for you guys? I didn’t say anything to my younger brother and sister. But then I knew that there wasn’t a Santa. But hey, my mom worked her ass off. Single parent. My dad never helped out until I was about 17-18. Oh well. Shit happens


    We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com


Similar Threads

  1. Real rad 140 half life?
    By samgraves82 in forum UncleZ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2020, 07:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2020, 06:33 PM
  3. Real life POPEYE!
    By Vision in forum The Pit
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-28-2017, 07:22 PM
  4. Real life HgH experiences
    By XOTG85 in forum UncleZ
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2016, 10:37 AM
  5. Is this real life? TD
    By Jdubfrost in forum Drugs Gear
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-17-2016, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2022 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums