Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recomp cycle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    Rep Points

Recomp cycle

Do you guys prefer high test or low test for recomp. I know it’s mainly diet but is there any science being more test makes you grow compared to if you did 3-400 mgs of prop you’d add less water ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    228 Posts
    Rep Points

Me personally I never use more then 500mg test and it always does exactly what I want . My last cycle was a recomp . Test deca primo . Loved it . Went almost exactly how I wanted .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Rep Points

I really don’t even understand how a recomp works. And if it really did work all that well then I don’t understand why that isn’t all anybody ever does? Who wouldn’t just want to be constantly adding muscle and cutting fat?

I’m not trying to sound like an ass just genuinely confused about the whole recomp/cut/bulk thing…

I mean I tried to “bulk” my first cycle ate a shit ton of calories and did zero cardio and still lost body fat , and gained muscle…

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,971 Posts
    Rep Points

I think results are going to be dependent on individual. The only way to know for certain is to try it yourself. The two general schools of thought are typically "more test, more muscle sparing while in deficit" and "save the high test for bulking". Both have valid points, imo. I don't think running 500mg EW on recomp is a waste. Just my two cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    410 Posts
    Rep Points

I won’t go above 500/wk for anything anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,111 Posts
    Rep Points

Moderate . I do 300 test ace or Prop when cutting with high dht and 19nor. So around 500mg with a strong recomping compound or mix (tren ace/Npp). Var very versatile while Winny gives me energy and strength.

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    I really don’t even understand how a recomp works. And if it really did work all that well then I don’t understand why that isn’t all anybody ever does? Who wouldn’t just want to be constantly adding muscle and cutting fat?

I’m not trying to sound like an ass just genuinely confused about the whole recomp/cut/bulk thing…

I mean I tried to “bulk” my first cycle ate a shit ton of calories and did zero cardio and still lost body fat , and gained muscle…
    You did add tren at the end of ur cycle which is notorious for melting fat and burning through calories like a wild fire. That being said it was a success because nobody is looking to add body fat while blasting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,111 Posts
    Rep Points

Small LBM gains. Something to aspire to do when retired

Max
    Bulk n Cut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    719 Posts
    Rep Points

they work incredibly well if they’re done correctly. Skip Hill does this with a lot of clients and it’s generally what I’ve always done instead of straight cutting. It’s also what I have most people do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    719 Posts
    Rep Points

Most of the time I stick to higher test. The more I take the better I feel. If somebody was a heavy aromatizer I wouldn’t recommend they run high test because I’m not a fan of more drugs to counteract sides of drugs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Rep Points

Recomp cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    Most of the time I stick to higher test. The more I take the better I feel. If somebody was a heavy aromatizer I wouldn’t recommend they run high test because I’m not a fan of more drugs to counteract sides of drugs.
    So besides gear choices and doses what else do you do that distinguishes your recomp from a bulk or a cut?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    719 Posts
    Rep Points

So besides gear choices and doses what else do you do that distinguishes your recomp from a bulk or a cut?
    I think gear choice is largely unimportant. In a recomp your goal is to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, with drugs in the mix it makes it easier. The basic premise is you eat a couple hundred calories above maintenance for your estimated lean body mass, not body weight. You calculate your protein based off your total body weight. If you go from 200lbs 20% bf to 175-180 at 9-10% bf you’ve gained muscle and lost fat. I think training is more important than gear choice as during this time your goal would be to try and add weight or reps on all lifts. A lot of people fuck this up because they get impatient, don’t train hard enough, or take too many diet drugs which end up burning excess muscle. Unless it’s needed in prep I’m not a fan of diet drugs. What I would do personally is as my cals drop and bf drops I up the drugs. You can get pretty lean doing this, most people won’t get contest lean but there’s no reason over time you can’t get down to around an estimated 9 or 10.

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Frankdoz View Post
    Do you guys prefer high test or low test for recomp. I know it’s mainly diet but is there any science being more test makes you grow compared to if you did 3-400 mgs of prop you’d add less water ?
    Low to moderate test, with "very" low tren ace for me when doing a recomp or metabolic reset. And some var in the mix at 40-60mg ED for 6 weeks.
    I save the test increase for the next adjustment when cals are increased again, and I ditch the tren ace. I don't use tren often yet if and when I do, that is when I add it.

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,508 Posts
    Rep Points

Basically what people are trying to do is resensitized their metabolism, like a metabolic reset, an example would be if someone is starting to become insulin resistant.
    Then it becomes time to begin what we would call a yo-yo diet, and that's when you add and subtract.
    It's basically like a system restart, so when you start to make your adjustments again by making increases you're not stagnant and you start to respond much better in lieu of guys hardly responding at all and they're just throwing everything in the kitchen sink into their meals and the only gains that they are making is going right to their glutes and flanks and nothing's being partitioned to the muscle bellies.
    The goal is really not to get cut as it's not really a cutter, you simply trying to maintain your muscle mass and if in the event it's an added bonus if you gain some density and walk away 2lbs more with solid gains, while removing some stubborn areas that were acquired over the course of several months.
    It's dailing things back and rebuilding again..
    Our bodies can't run on all cylinders all the time, we get burnt out and things become stagnant and we hit brick walls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    545 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vision View Post
    Low to moderate test, with "very" low tren ace for me when doing a recomp or metabolic reset. And some var in the mix at 40-60mg ED for 6 weeks.
    I save the test increase for the next adjustment when cals are increased again, and I ditch the tren ace. I don't use tren often yet if and when I do, that is when I add it.
    Low test for sure. Also, I don't think people realize how little Tren can make such great changes. Like I always say more is not better,