Wife gives you an ultimatum...what do you do?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    700 Posts
    Rep Points

Wife gives you an ultimatum...what do you do?

Obviously if you can't handle AAS and you let it cause issues in your relationship/family then that's one thing...

...But picture yourself in this situation:

You're in your mid 20's, been using AAS for a few years now. You meet your dream woman and you end up dating. You tell her early on that you're an AAS user. She doesn't love it, but you educate her and she ends up being totally fine with, and even does your glute injections for you occasionally.

Fast forward a few years. You two get married. She is still ok with your AAS use. No issues and AAS has not had any affect on your relationship.

Fast forward another year or so. You have your first child together. Everything is still fine as far as the wife, relationship, and AAS goes. Maybe you even have a second child in the next year or two...

Now you're fully invested in this woman. You're married, have 2 children, a house, the whole nine.

Now you're in your 40's, been married over 10 years, kids are teenagers. Everything's still good with the AAS. Money's fine, kids are fine, life is good. By now you've built an incredible physique for yourself and even plan to compete.

The one day your wife asks you; "When do you plan on stopping the steroids?" You answer with; "Not anytime soon, why? I thought you were fine with it?" She says; "I was but I didn't think you'd be using them this long." You reply "It's not a phase honey, it's a lifestyle and I plan to continue this lifestyle as long as I am physically able."

Now she's upset and gives you an ultimatum. "Well I didn't think you were going to still be using them at this point. And now it's time to stop because you're a grown man with kids." Then she drops the old cliche; "It's me and the kids, or the steroids. You choose."

How would you handle this guys? She agreed to marry you knowing you were an AAS user. You've made so much progress and it's brought you so much joy over the years. It has become a huge part of who you are. It has caused no issues in your life/relationship/family whatsoever...and now your wife decides now you're done?

How would you handle this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    563 Posts
    Rep Points

Minus the kids part. Iím in a similar boat but still in my late 30ís. If I had a good answer Iíd be a far freakier athlete.

Iím hoping to get on TRT soon-ish and ĎTrojan Horseí some other gear in the syringe then and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Rep Points

I had a similar problem with my ex wife. The steroids Werenít the only issue, and I would think they are not for youÖ itís just something she can label as wrong, there are deeper issues at play I can almost guarantee. Maybe some couples therapy, see if yíall can find out the real problem.

I went through hell with the ex, found out in the long way about, when a woman is done, sheís done

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,159 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CAhardcore View Post
    I had a similar problem with my ex wife. The steroids Werenít the only issue, and I would think they are not for youÖ itís just something she can label as wrong, there are deeper issues at play I can almost guarantee. Maybe some couples therapy, see if yíall can find out the real problem.

I went through hell with the ex, found out in the long way about, when a woman is done, sheís done
    Very true bro.

By the time they tell you they are done, itís over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts
    Rep Points

Goto the doctor and get a prescription for TRT and let her know that its medically nessarry because she could eventually use it against you in court if god forbid it ever went that far also drop an ultimatum on her about something that she does and ask her if she feels an ultimatum like that is fair after all these years without any issues.

I recently had this talk with my wife no ultimatum she just said no more I told her that's not fair to one day just tell me sorry your hobby has to end. I don't really have anything else I don't need gear but I definitely want gear. I feel your pain brother because its still a hot button issue in my house especially because im about to start cruising again will see what happens but that's just not fair on her part in my opinion brother.

I wish you both the best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    397 Posts
    Rep Points

women are not happy unless there is turmoil. one of her friends probably asker her if you were "on" because of the way you look ..

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,159 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jozifp103 View Post
    Obviously if you can't handle AAS and you let it cause issues in your relationship/family then that's one thing...

...But picture yourself in this situation:

You're in your mid 20's, been using AAS for a few years now. You meet your dream woman and you end up dating. You tell her early on that you're an AAS user. She doesn't love it, but you educate her and she ends up being totally fine with, and even does your glute injections for you occasionally.

Fast forward a few years. You two get married. She is still ok with your AAS use. No issues and AAS has not had any affect on your relationship.

Fast forward another year or so. You have your first child together. Everything is still fine as far as the wife, relationship, and AAS goes. Maybe you even have a second child in the next year or two...

Now you're fully invested in this woman. You're married, have 2 children, a house, the whole nine.

Now you're in your 40's, been married over 10 years, kids are teenagers. Everything's still good with the AAS. Money's fine, kids are fine, life is good. By now you've built an incredible physique for yourself and even plan to compete.

The one day your wife asks you; "When do you plan on stopping the steroids?" You answer with; "Not anytime soon, why? I thought you were fine with it?" She says; "I was but I didn't think you'd be using them this long." You reply "It's not a phase honey, it's a lifestyle and I plan to continue this lifestyle as long as I am physically able."

Now she's upset and gives you an ultimatum. "Well I didn't think you were going to still be using them at this point. And now it's time to stop because you're a grown man with kids." Then she drops the old cliche; "It's me and the kids, or the steroids. You choose."

How would you handle this guys? She agreed to marry you knowing you were an AAS user. You've made so much progress and it's brought you so much joy over the years. It has become a huge part of who you are. It has caused no issues in your life/relationship/family whatsoever...and now your wife decides now you're done?

How would you handle this?
    I would try for a compromise or happy medium.

On the one hand, if you stop then you will resent her and be unhappy... why would either of you want that??

But your kids and your responsibilities to them are paramount. And should come before gear.

I would choose my children and she would get what comes with it.

IMO no one should be given an ultimatum. She isnít your warden and you arenít a parolee.

One has to question her motives. Maybe itís rooted in love and her fear that something will happen to your health. Idk.

Glad I am not in that situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Rep Points

Gear would be gone. I almost lost them once. Not because of gear but other shit. Won't happen again. Luckily my wife takes it too so...maybe pin her with some while she's sleeping and take her for a drug test then there's proof you aren't the only one on gear. Can't use that in court and you guys will like the big clit.

In all seriousness tho is it really the gear or is it the time you spend at the gym? Does she work out with you? Does she think it's a waste of time to work out? There has to be more to it.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13,014 Posts
    Rep Points

Wow, a lot of good answers already.

First and foremost, this is yet another opportunity for me to remind you guys:
    DON'T TELL THE WIFE/GF ABOUT GEAR USE!

I can't tell you how many times I've heard "she's ok with it, she even gives me injections, blah, blah" and then when shit hits the fan about OTHER things...guess what gets brought up? That's right, you're an illegal drug using, needle injecting, junkie with roid rage issues. YOU ALREADY KNOW WOMEN WILL THROW SHIT IN YOUR FACE THAT HAPPENED YEARS AGO AND HAS ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING ON YOUR CURRENT ARGUMENT. Why give her more ammunition to use?

As has already been said...it's NOT the gear at issue. It's something else and you need to figure out what that is. Couples therapy, whatever. It "might" be that you are maintaining good shape and she has started to notice her own appearance isn't what it used to be. Insecurity kicks in and now she's worried about you cheating. Do NOT be a dumbass and tell her that is what you suspect. Unless you want to fire up the argument again. There's a good chance she's just sick of the lifestyle you are living...the diet where you aren't eating what they eat, the time you are spending in the gym (instead of giving her attention), etc, etc. She's not wanting you to give up the gear, she's wanting you to give up the lifestyle. Tell her you've quit the gear and continue the lifestyle and see if I'm wrong.

Best of luck to you or your client.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Rep Points

My girl has known the entire time we been together . Almost 10 years . She met me in a gym when I was still working as a trainer so she knew what she was getting herself into . She has given me injections In the past but that was all years ago . Now she doesnít give a shit what I do . She just wants to know what Iím using in case of an emergency thatís all. Plus itís not like itís something thatís even talked about . When I inject most of the time sheís sleeping any way. Doesnít see any of my stuff . I have kids so I am extremely carful with it and disposing of the needles properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,386 Posts
    Rep Points

My wife has been with me since we were teenagers so sheís always been fully aware of my AAS use. When I was competing she never had an issue with it because she understood it was a necessary evil. Plus I was surrounded by handlers that we both trusted and we hoped they had my best interests at heart. I will say however now that Iím retired she has started to throw it up in my face quite often these days. She always knew I had ďissuesĒ upstairs but now everytime we have a disagreement or I loose my temper she automatically blames it on the steroid use. No matter where we are or what we are doing now itís always the steroids made me do it. I agree 100% that thereís a bigger issue at play. Iíve noticed the more we grow apart the more problems she has with AAS. I have no doubt if we end up in divorce court the steroid use will be first and foremost in her testimony about how crazy I supposedly am and how sheís in constant fear of her life due to me using steroids. Meanwhile Iíve never even so much as bumped her in a physical manner. Iím not sure how I could have kept it a secret all these years but in hindsight I probably should have tried. Live and learn.

Backhoe + hole + wife = No more problems. Just saying

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,574 Posts
    Rep Points

I see this all the time in my clients.

So what we do is get them "HRT". And then they present the wife with the new "medical" necessity.

"Honey, this is about my health. You do want me to be proactive about my health, right?"

And when they resist, this is what I have directed them to say:

"Oh you don't want me using male hormones that my body no longer produces because you don't think they are safe? Fine, you are right and I agree. Then I guess you will have to get off Birth Control. That too is a female hormone naturally produced in the body, so I guess if I can't do my legal HRT to maintain my health, then likewise you cannot use your birth control pills since Synthetic Hormones are so "dangerous" in your opinion."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Rep Points

If my wife would give up Starbucks then Iíd give up the sauce if this ever became a issue . Thereís no way in hell sheís doing that . My wife and I have been together since high school off and on . Sheís seen my recreational drug phases and drinking years . The juice is a god send to her . Itís weird how we trade vices . I think we are both happier with the steroids opposed to the other shit. The hours in the gym is what irritates mine the most, but she tries to hold it together . Our real issue is when she decides to start her squats right after I get all geared up for some barbell work. GTFO the way woman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dano22 View Post
    If my wife would give up Starbucks then Iíd give up the sauce if this ever became a issue . Thereís no way in hell sheís doing that .
    This also applies for us....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    My wife has been with me since we were teenagers so sheís always been fully aware of my AAS use. When I was competing she never had an issue with it because she understood it was a necessary evil. Plus I was surrounded by handlers that we both trusted and we hoped they had my best interests at heart. I will say however now that Iím retired she has started to throw it up in my face quite often these days. She always knew I had ďissuesĒ upstairs but now everytime we have a disagreement or I loose my temper she automatically blames it on the steroid use. No matter where we are or what we are doing now itís always the steroids made me do it. I agree 100% that thereís a bigger issue at play. Iíve noticed the more we grow apart the more problems she has with AAS. I have no doubt if we end up in divorce court the steroid use will be first and foremost in her testimony about how crazy I supposedly am and how sheís in constant fear of her life due to me using steroids. Meanwhile Iíve never even so much as bumped her in a physical manner. Iím not sure how I could have kept it a secret all these years but in hindsight I probably should have tried. Live and learn.

Backhoe + hole + wife = No more problems. Just saying
    Did your steroids make her sleep with your cousin?

Wait is it still too soon?