• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Swollen lower abdomen/ possible fluid

Get Shredded!
Get some quality pro-biotics in your life, bro. They work.
I eat some of those pro-biotic yogurts...they do work.

The Activia probiotic yogurt is my fave.

Geez. You double down on everything you do? So have you had TWO colon cleanses if I'm reading that correctly?

Lol go big or go home right?

He sent me home with 3 fleet enemas and told me to use them one after another until I start having bowel movement. Used all three and barely got anything out. His next step was to take mirolax and a laxative (similar to the colon prep but smaller doses) I did that and nothing. I got fed up and just wanted to get the shot out so I could see if that is indeed why my stomach is distended. So I did about half the dose they prescribe for a colonoscopy and it did what it was supposed to do. I can guarantee you I don’t have much fecal matter in my intestines anymore. I’ve done almost 10 of those colon preps for the colonoscopies and I know how it feels to be cleared out, so the alarming part of it is that my stomach does not look any different. Still distended and rock hard.

Doesn’t seem right. He told me to go to the er next time as they can’t do anything else for me there. So here I am waiting in the ER.

Dude I love kambucha... I drink that after dinner every night. Keeps me right like a baby. More and more studies are show a link between gut health and day to day life.

Kombucha is great stuff! I used to brew my own and it always turned out really good. And I was able to brew it with a little bit higher of an alcohol content to. Not much but enough to feel relaxed from a glass. Like 3-4%

Lol go big or go home right?

He sent me home with 3 fleet enemas and told me to use them one after another until I start having bowel movement. Used all three and barely got anything out. His next step was to take mirolax and a laxative (similar to the colon prep but smaller doses) I did that and nothing. I got fed up and just wanted to get the shot out so I could see if that is indeed why my stomach is distended. So I did about half the dose they prescribe for a colonoscopy and it did what it was supposed to do. I can guarantee you I don’t have much fecal matter in my intestines anymore. I’ve done almost 10 of those colon preps for the colonoscopies and I know how it feels to be cleared out, so the alarming part of it is that my stomach does not look any different. Still distended and rock hard.

Doesn’t seem right. He told me to go to the er next time as they can’t do anything else for me there. So here I am waiting in the ER.

Seems like they would have found a fecal impaction or excess fluid within your abdomen the first go around. You sure your old lady didn't give you something? Worms, maybe?

Hope you finally get this issue resolved for your peace of mind, MM.

Seems like they would have found a fecal impaction or excess fluid within your abdomen the first go around. You sure your old lady didn't give you something? Worms, maybe?

I’m fairly certain she’s not up to anything, not a single red flag that would indicate she was up to any trouble, and trust me the flags were all over the place when she was doing that in the past… doctor said there was no impaction, I remember that.

Whole thing seems weird. My abdomen is just not right Man. Rock hard and distended. I’ve been constipated hundreds of times before and never remember seeing anything like this. I mean I’ve been so backed up before it hurt, I’m not even uncomfortable which is weird. My gut definitely is telling my something is wrong… no pun intended…

I’m fairly certain she’s not up to anything, not a single red flag that would indicate she was up to any trouble, and trust me the flags were all over the place when she was doing that in the past… doctor said there was no impaction, I remember that.

Whole thing seems weird. My abdomen is just not right Man. Rock hard and distended. I’ve been constipated hundreds of times before and never remember seeing anything like this. I mean I’ve been so backed up before it hurt, I’m not even uncomfortable which is weird. My gut definitely is telling my something is wrong… no pun intended…

Hate to repeat, but buy some good pro-biotics, the ones that require refrigeration. My dad and sister have bad IBS and it causes severe imbalances in good gut flora. Their doctors basically demand they take top of the line pro-biotics along with all the other necessary lifestyle adjustments. Hope you feel better soon man. Keep us posted.

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-4-best-refrigerated-probiotics-17940863

Damn bro how did you not know you weren't full of shit? Keep up with BM's? Surely you can feel it. I know i can when I get backed up. Glad it wasn't anything serious or any organ damage.

Now you have a fun story to tell at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner

Last edited:
Hate to repeat, but buy some good pro-biotics, the ones that require refrigeration. My dad and sister have bad IBS and it causes severe imbalances in good gut flora. Their doctors basically demand they take top of the line pro-biotics along with all the other necessary lifestyle adjustments. Hope you feel better soon man. Keep us posted.

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-4-best-refrigerated-probiotics-17940863

Sorry forgot to say thanks and I took your advice into account and picked up a liter of keifer while in town at the hospital. Also have some probiotic concentrated drops for the kids that I can use. Ran out of time and had to leave the hospital before they could see me so I guess we’ll just see how this progresses over the weekend.

I’m thinking it’ll be best to stick to a chicken and rice diet with some fiber sources like leafy vegetables and maybe I’ll get some fiber supplements like Metamucil or something, since that’s what the doctor recommended.

I just don’t think that this is constipation at all. Just what my intuition is telling me. Like I said before, I’ve been constipated badly before but never had a distended abdomen like this.

Plus now that I cleared my bowels with the colon prep, don’t you think my abdomen would be back to normal by now if that was the issue?

Damn bro how did you not know you weren't full of shit? Keep up with BM's? Surely you can feel it. I know i can when I get backed up. Glad it wasn't anything serious or any organ damage.

Now you have a fun story to tell at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner

Honestly Im starting to think the doctor is the only one who is full of shit. I had a completely normal bowel movement that morning and I’ve been backed up before and like you said I was very aware of it. I was very uncomfortable and it was obvious by how I felt that I was backed up, but never has my abdomen looked like this no matter how bad I was backed up in the past.

This is different because I do not feel uncomfortable in the slightest yet my abdomen clearly has something going on. It hasn’t gone down at all and I’ve shit out every last ounce of everything I had in me, I’m telling you my colon is clean as a whistle right now…

IML Gear Cream!
Sorry forgot to say thanks and I took your advice into account and picked up a liter of keifer while in town at the hospital. Also have some probiotic concentrated drops for the kids that I can use. Ran out of time and had to leave the hospital before they could see me so I guess we’ll just see how this progresses over the weekend.

I’m thinking it’ll be best to stick to a chicken and rice diet with some fiber sources like leafy vegetables and maybe I’ll get some fiber supplements like Metamucil or something, since that’s what the doctor recommended.

I just don’t think that this is constipation at all. Just what my intuition is telling me. Like I said before, I’ve been constipated badly before but never had a distended abdomen like this.

Plus now that I cleared my bowels with the colon prep, don’t you think my abdomen would be back to normal by now if that was the issue?

Perhaps. If I was in your position, I would do the pro-biotics, clean diet, metamucil, etc. and drink tons of water. Water literally is a toxin flusher.
Rinse and repeat for a solid week and see where you are then.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps. If I was in your position, I would do the pro-biotics, clean diet, metamucil, etc. and drink tons of water. Water literally is a toxin flusher.
Rinse and repeat for a solid week and see where you are then.

I saw they grabbed your labs, but did they do a CT scan? They can do CTs in most ERs if warranted. If you have a gut feeling (no pun intended) somethings not right go to the ER for a second opinion.

I honestly wouldn't waste time with all the holistics if your sure it's not constipation. If you got med insurance use it and go to the ER and let them evaluate you. I think this is the only way you'll get any peace of mind.

I honestly wouldn't waste time with all the holistics if your sure it's not constipation. If you got med insurance use it and go to the ER and let them evaluate you. I think this is the only way you'll get any peace of mind.

Yeah I’m going to have to make time this weekend to get in. I’m worried it’s ascites. I wonder if I could have that even though my liver enzymes came back much better than last time? They still got flagged as high but much better.

It's probably a high dose of ground up glass , looked it up on the internet , 95% chance . Only known cure is to have your wife or a good buddy peg you every hour on the hour till all the glass passes . Good luck and God's speed

It's probably a high dose of ground up glass , looked it up on the internet , 95% chance . Only known cure is to have your wife or a good buddy peg you every hour on the hour till all the glass passes . Good luck and God's speed

Just looked into it, you nailed it bro, definitely what’s going on. Quit sending me pms though I know letting you peg me isn’t the answer… nice try tho bud

Yeah I’m going to have to make time this weekend to get in. I’m worried it’s ascites. I wonder if I could have that even though my liver enzymes came back much better than last time? They still got flagged as high but much better.

Your liver enzymes would be very elevated, way in the hundreds and you probably being showing signs of jaundice. Yeah they need to do a CT or maybe ultra sound or some type of imaging to get a better idea of your pathology. Blood work just doesn't seems like enough in uour situation.

I really starting to think its an appendicitis

I don’t think he is having much pain.

It’s inflammation of some kind. Idk for sure... that’s my guess.

Is it getting better? Worse? Staying the same??

Get Shredded!

No pain whatsoever, stomach is still just as distended. No better or worse .. safe to say at this point it is NOT from constipation.

Going to just have to suck it up and wait in the er late after work tonight…

No pain whatsoever, stomach is still just as distended. No better or worse .. safe to say at this point it is NOT from constipation.

Going to just have to suck it up and wait in the er late after work tonight…

Were you running hgh?

Were you running hgh?

I don’t like to be a alarmist but when I was 24 I spent a year in Central America and I had to come home because I picked up a parasite in my intestine and it looks a lot like what you have pictured although by the end of the saga it was way more acute in location. Hey the point is, whatever it is should be looked at immediately

I don’t like to be a alarmist but when I was 24 I spent a year in Central America and I had to come home because I picked up a parasite in my intestine and it looks a lot like what you have pictured although by the end of the saga it was way more acute in location. Hey the point is, whatever it is should be looked at immediately

Be an alarmist. I already said the old lady probably gave him worms. :roflmao:

Sometime it can present with no pain. What to really look out for is if it's painful and then no.longer painful which then is an emergency situation.

The whole parasite thing more specifically tapeworm cojld very well be he he's traveled recently. But those things take time to manifest. It seems this distention appear out of no where

What color is your stool and did you give any stool samples?
Gut distention falls under a vast spectrum whether it's generalized or localized.
From just looking at the photos and throwing a wild guess people here have a better chance of hitting the bullseye on a moving target while blindfolded.

This is one of those instances where it's going to come down to a process of elimination.

You discredited your visit to the doctor, yet they did everything by the book man, they had to start somewhere.

Be sure to mention all of your family's history medically, to the doctors, whether someone was recently diagnosed or someone has a genetic predisposition and this includes any autoimmune disorders, Cancer and so on.

Be as clear and transparent with the professionals as you can, this isn't something to fuck with.. The hypogastric area is seriously protruding.

Hope you feel better man, seriously.

Hey man just checking in to see how you're making out. Did they give you an ultrasound?
Or did they even peel the layers back by giving you an MRI? Really curious and concerned for you here buddy.

Hey man just checking in to see how you're making out. Did they give you an ultrasound?
Or did they even peel the layers back by giving you an MRI? Really curious and concerned for you here buddy.

Thanks for the concern man, abdomen still looks the same unfortunately. No better no worse. No pain.

I couldn’t bring myself to go to the er after work last night just too burned out, so I hadn’t made and progress on figuring out what’s going on. Today I’m going in though forsure so I can get the proper imaging done do figure out what’s going on. Obviously isn’t constipation at this point. Still passing stools regularly and they are of “normal” appearance.

I’m going to try to get out of work for a couple hours today of even a half day so I can have the time to go in. I know I shouldn’t be putting my job before my health but it’s also not that simple as I’m sure you know. Gonna work something out today though I’m kinda worried and want an answer.

Thank for checking in though I’ll update you guys after I get back from the hospital.

Back