• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Setting expectations for PCT

Win2002

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I wrapped up a 14-week cycle of 200mg test p EOD on August 31. I started PCT three days later given that I was on a short ester, and I'm running Nolva 20/20/20/20, Clomid 50/50/25/25 (I started with 100 but the sides were too much), and HCG 500iu 3x/week. So far, ten days in to PCT, I feel like crap--exhausted, sleeping poorly, zero sex drive. It's been three years since my last cycle and I didn't run Clomid last time, so I don't have experience to look to, so I'm just hoping for some guidance/expectation setting on when I can hope to feel better (and when I should start feeling better if all is going well).

I know that this is highly dependent on the individual and their cycle, but just trying to get a general sense of things. I'm 38 and this is my fifth cycle. Thanks!

Are you doing blood work? At 38 You’re better off on hrt than doing pct. I was never a fan of pct to begin with you’ll recover or not with or without it. Clomid and nolva are notorious for making people feel like shit. The older you get the less likely you are to recover and the more rough your recovery will be. You’re too old for cycling.

Are you doing blood work? At 38 You’re better off on hrt than doing pct. I was never a fan of pct to begin with you’ll recover or not with or without it. Clomid and nolva are notorious for making people feel like shit. The older you get the less likely you are to recover and the more rough your recovery will be. You’re too old for cycling.

I have blood work from when I was on cycle. Is there any point in getting it done at this point?

I have blood work from when I was on cycle. Is there any point in getting it done at this point?
other wise how are you going to know when and if you actually recover? Wait until after the pct drugs have cleared your system and then get it done. I don’t know why you’re still trying to cycle and pct at almost 40

other wise how are you going to know when and if you actually recover? Wait until after the pct drugs have cleared your system and then get it done. I don’t know why you’re still trying to cycle and pct at almost 40

I have blood work from immediately pre-cycle, so I have a baseline to measure against. I really didn't know that 38 was considered too old to cycle and pct; lots of people here are the same age and do it.

I have blood work from immediately pre-cycle, so I have a baseline to measure against. I really didn't know that 38 was considered too old to cycle and pct; lots of people here are the same age and do it.
Lots of people almost 40 don’t cycle and pct. they blast and trt. At 40 or before most men should be on hrt anyway

Lots of people almost 40 don’t cycle and pct. they blast and trt. At 40 or before most men should be on hrt anyway

I totally agree..but I hang around the older crowd and some of those guys still kick a good natural level..

I run a longer PCT than most guys going for 6-8 weeks with Clomid and Nolva. I feel like junk weeks 2-4 then start to feel myself again in week 5-ish.

BUT, that’s me.

I tried recovering at 39.

T levels dropped to 79

Estro less than 5.

I honestly didn't feel bad. Relaxed and maybe less stressed nuts it's unhealthy for the levels to be that low.

I run a longer PCT than most guys going for 6-8 weeks with Clomid and Nolva. I feel like junk weeks 2-4 then start to feel myself again in week 5-ish.

BUT, that’s me.

That's encouraging... I'm on day 11 of PCT and honestly have never felt worse. I'm a little prone to depression normally, so the clomid is really putting me through it--truly miserable. Hoping that the next week or two starts to improve.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried recovering at 39.

T levels dropped to 79

Estro less than 5.

I honestly didn't feel bad. Relaxed and maybe less stressed nuts it's unhealthy for the levels to be that low.

Did you eventually recover, or just go onto TRT?

IML Gear Cream!
Just a quick bump to see if anyone else has input; this Clomid depression is really getting to me. I'm wondering if taking HCG during the first two weeks of PCT kept me shut down and negated the benefits of the Clomid and Nolva; there's so much contradictory info on whether to take HCG before Clomid/Nolva or for the first couple weeks you're on them, so I wasn't sure which way to go. So, roughly two weeks into Clomid/Nolva, I'm not sure if my depression/anxiety/insomnia/low libido is Clomid sides, crashed test, or both.

Back when I did PCT..the depression was mainly from just coming Off,loosing strength and size..That tends to keep you out-of-the gym,not eating right and loosing wieght..
Having the right mindset is critical during PCT..

The trade off is what it is...
Will you keep all your gains..?? Not likely..what is an acceptable loss..??
How much time Off..?? Long enough to return to your normal..and check health markers(does anyone really do this)and bloodwork..

Plan future cycles in alignment with goals and health in mind..
I usually did 2 cycles a yr...less than most PE..
Planning them around seasons,work load,family obligations and shear ability to totally devote 100% to it..

Back when I did PCT..the depression was mainly from just coming Off,loosing strength and size..That tends to keep you out-of-the gym,not eating right and loosing wieght..
Having the right mindset is critical during PCT..

The trade off is what it is...
Will you keep all your gains..?? Not likely..what is an acceptable loss..??
How much time Off..?? Long enough to return to your normal..and check health markers(does anyone really do this)and bloodwork..

Plan future cycles in alignment with goals and health in mind..
I usually did 2 cycles a yr...less than most PE..
Planning them around seasons,work load,family obligations and shear ability to totally devote 100% to it..

Thanks--I think what I'm experiencing is probably a combination of exhaustion from low T plus depression from clomid. Honestly, I've rarely felt worse--lethargic, no motivation, etc. But like you said, I'm fighting to keep up on the gym and eating so I don't blow all my gains. I'll push through with clomid--I want to get my T back up as soon as possible.

Back