• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

I’m having trouble getting over 175lbs

TwoDollarTacos

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Stats:
30 years old
5’6 175lbs

I train 6 days a week with 10 mins of cardio post lifting.

I’ve been stuck at this weight for a month now. My lifts have increased despite not gaining any weight on my current bulk. I’m currently eating 2600 calories. I’m a tad hesitant to increase my calorie intake to 3000 cals per day because man that really seems like a lot. Has anyone else plateaued at a weight they can’t seem to get past?

Im 30yrs old 5ft 7 and 205lbs. I was stuck where you are right now for awhile! Eat up man and don’t be afraid to keep increasing

Eq , eat eat and stop cardio

Up the cals bro
I'm cutting on around 3 thousand currently. I'm 186lb

Stats:
30 years old
5’6 175lbs

I train 6 days a week with 10 mins of cardio post lifting.

I’ve been stuck at this weight for a month now. My lifts have increased despite not gaining any weight on my current bulk. I’m currently eating 2600 calories. I’m a tad hesitant to increase my calorie intake to 3000 cals per day because man that really seems like a lot. Has anyone else plateaued at a weight they can’t seem to get past?

Yaup I thought a lot like you when I started my bulk. I was afraid to go over my predetermined maintenance of 2800, and I wasn’t getting any where for like 3-4 weeks. Slowly added more calories and started to grow. Now im at 4500 a day and starting to plateaus again…. You need the nutrition when your bulking bro.

Unless you have a. Extremely slow metabolism I can guarantee you 2600 is not nearly enough calories for a bulk. Probably way under your maintenance especially while training regularly

Last edited:
Gaining weight is not about training, its all diet, 2600 calories is nothing, bump that to 3,000. Eat big to get big. I eat 5,000-6,000 in the off season. You can do it bro, force feed

I would cut back on training to 4 days a week and stick to free weights 4 to 6 rep range at 80% 1rep max. You should continue cardio. The main issue here is calories. You would have no problem gaining weight with 4000 to 4500 calories per day.

There are more than one way to skim a cat. I’d keep the cardio and the training the way that’s working for you. Increase calories to 3k a day by adding an extra small meal, not a shake but real Whole Foods.

You’ll be surprised how fast changes happen for you.

im curious as to what your current AAS looks like, certain compounds will keep me from gaining weight

Stop cardio reduce weight session too 4 days
up food too 4000 2600 is low for anyone training seriously hard

You'll fill out fast check mirror make sure it’s good weight and then scale once per week upon waken empty stomach after a toilet
Agreed mostly.

If you're having trouble gaining weight, it's very simple, you're not eating enough. No further discussion needed.

The cardio, if you're focus is gaining weight and you're not gaining weight, then this could be counter-productive. On the other hand, if you're doing this to help stimulate appetite, it shouldn't be done post training. These cardio sessions should be light walks fasted in the morning or after your meals.

Start adding in denser food choices to help bump the calories up.

IML Gear Cream!
It’s all about progression. Just like you’d add weight or reps or sets each week you should add calories over time as well. Add 100 cals a week.
Keep the cardio it helps with nutrient partitioning and you’ll be able to continue to up your calories longer.

Last edited:
Agreed mostly.

If you're having trouble gaining weight, it's very simple, you're not eating enough. No further discussion needed.

The cardio, if you're focus is gaining weight and you're not gaining weight, then this could be counter-productive. On the other hand, if you're doing this to help stimulate appetite, it shouldn't be done post training. These cardio sessions should be light walks fasted in the morning or after your meals.

Ya I agree 100% but it sounds like he’s just choosing not to eat enough calories, not that he’s actually struggling to get them in. Probably more a fear of getting fat kinda thing I don’t know,… but ya I agree he just needs to eat more.

I know I’ve trained differently than most of you guys here my whole life and I’m certainly not disagreeing with anything said here. All great info but it sounds to me like maybe there’s more to the story than just not eating enough. I mean I personally can’t imagine only eating 2600 calories a day while training so yeah he’s definitely starving his body IMO as well but with that being said sometimes increasing food isn’t enough for some people. Although I was never a body builder I do consider myself an expert in cutting and gaining weight. He very well may not only be starving himself he might also need to reevaluate the foods he’s taking in for those calories. Something is off if he’s training and bulking. I’d say increase calories, reevaluate foods and/or eating times during day. Eat a late meal. Reevaluate type of training, reduce training days and add more rest. Add a few more shakes to your daily food regimen. That’s a good start. Everyone is different so there’s gonna be a lot of trial and error. I was stuck at 175lbs for years while fighting and when I stopped and changed everything about my training, eating, and lifestyle I blew up to 220lbs. Now I’m comfortable walking around at 200lbs. Good Luck man. You’ll get there.

Agreed mostly.

You're right. Everyone in this thread is. I need to stop the I want to stay lean crap if I want to add serious weight. I'm going to start upping my calories.

In all honesty the cardio is to keep my asthma in check. I have incredibly bad asthma that goes away if I do some light cardio sessions. Since adding it I haven't had to touch my rescue inhaler in months now whereas a year ago I was running for the damn thing 1 to 2 times a day.

- - - Updated - - -

There are more than one way to skim a cat. I’d keep the cardio and the training the way that’s working for you. Increase calories to 3k a day by adding an extra small meal, not a shake but real Whole Foods.

im curious as to what your current AAS looks like, certain compounds will keep me from gaining weight

I'm currently running a very low dose Test Tren cycle.

If you're not gaining at 2600 cals, then 3000 isn't a lot. The scale tells you if it's a lot or not....... not your personal feelings on the matter.

Last edited:
You're right. Everyone in this thread is. I need to stop the I want to stay lean crap if I want to add serious weight. I'm going to start upping my calories.

In all honesty the cardio is to keep my asthma in check. I have incredibly bad asthma that goes away if I do some light cardio sessions. Since adding it I haven't had to touch my rescue inhaler in months now whereas a year ago I was running for the damn thing 1 to 2 times a day.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm currently running a very low dose Test Tren cycle.

Ya bro I really hindered my progress my first few weeks by not eating enough. Things took a turn for the better after I started eating enough to see the scale regularly and consistently go up.

What’s your doses? How many cycles you got under your belt?

Are you 175 even after using roids ?
Something is not adding up.
Thats natty level muscle mass bro.

You are eating at maintenance or less probably.

What do you mean? That’s a pretty general statement. Everyone is different. Maybe he started out at 130, maybe he’s only 5’….

What do you mean? That’s a pretty general statement. Everyone is different. Maybe he started out at 130, maybe he’s only 5’….
It is indeed a very general statement. Unless hes 4.8 and a woman. 170 and not gaining on AAS is very strange.

Most of the natties stay around 160 to 170.
Everyone indeed is different but everyone also jumps on AAS without dialing in other shit which actually makes you grow.

It is indeed a very general statement. Unless hes 4.8 and a woman. 170 and not gaining on AAS is very strange.

Most of the natties stay around 160 to 170.
Everyone indeed is different but everyone also jumps on AAS without dialing in other shit which actually makes you grow.

But you have no idea where he came from or how far along he is in this cycle. I agree that the fact that he isn’t gaining is very strange, but the weight statement alone, doesn’t qualify for something being wrong. He could have gained 20lbs coming from 150 8 weeks into this cycle, putting him at 170, which would be a very good gain IMO … we really dont know. He didn’t say what he started at or anything other than he is stuck at this weight right now….

Get Shredded!
But you have no idea where he came from or how far along he is in this cycle. I agree that the fact that he isn’t gaining is very strange, but the weight statement alone, doesn’t qualify for something being wrong. He could have gained 20lbs coming from 150 8 weeks into this cycle, putting him at 170, which would be a very good gain IMO … we really dont know. He didn’t say what he started at or anything other than he is stuck at this weight right now….

You got no business doing AAS if you were 150 pounds. Means you barely started working out and jumped right onto the AAS wagon.
Everyone can do whatever the eff they want but if you ask for advice. You will be given an honest opinion.

You got no business doing AAS if you were 150 pounds. Means you barely started working out and jumped right onto the AAS wagon.
Everyone can do whatever the eff they want but if you ask for advice. You will be given an honest opinion.

That’s a good point but I’m just saying we really don’t know…

Agreed mostly.

I think these guys are essentially saying the same thing and agree with them. Solid advice really. I’d keep the cardio but as montego said, where it is applied and how is as critical as the cardio itself. I’m a fan of keeping your blood pumping and nutrition partitioning as another said. .. it’s basically keeping the engine lubed, but deciding where and how plays a huge role.

Even tho we don’t have history on training or diet intel, bumping your intake in small increments could be quite useful. I personally think it’s too low but again as montego said, even applying denser food and thst may be enough to Make a difference. No need to reinvent the wheel here, small changes make big differences.
Just my two cents. Carry on and keep on keeping on. You’ll dial it in bro.

That one ifbb pro guy Keone weighs 200lbs and is massive. Weight is irrelevant for some reason id expect you to know this. I've been 225lbs probaly almost 230 at night and I look bigger rn at 185. Numbers don't mean a thing. Unless you're tracking calories or have a weight cap in a competition.

Last edited:
That one ifbb pro guy Keone weighs 200lbs and is massive. Weight is irrelevant for some reason id expect you to know this. I've been 225lbs probaly almost 230 at night and I look bigger rn at 185. Numbers don't mean a thing. Unless you're tracking calories or have a weight cap in a competition.

200 on stage is different than 200 pounds off stage.
You look bigger rn, is because you are a lot more leaner than 225. You look relatively big when you take off your shirt but if someone looks at you shirt on. You will definitely look smaller than you were before.
Numbers are the first and most basic tool. Before you move on to more advanced methods.

Most of us, don't even consider weight anymore. We go by the look.

You look bigger rn, is because you are a lot more leaner than 225. You look relatively big when you take off your shirt but if someone looks at you shirt on. You will definitely look smaller than you were before.
Numbers are the first and most basic tool. Before you move on to more advanced methods.

Clarida was like 170 on stage. Weight is irrelevant.
What is an acceptable weight?
David Henry used to be like 150 on stage
Are you the gate keeper of acceptable?
When your on stage or walking around there’s no scale. Guys can look pretty damn good at 175.
how much do you think Frank Zane weighed? I think Robby Robison competed at 200.
So according to you a lot of classic or physique guys shouldn’t either?
How much did Lee Labrada weigh?

Scale numbers are irrelevant unless you have a weight class. Body composition and performance are relevant.
Come down off your cross.

OP if that’s you in your avi you look shredded. Ignore the idiots who say you don’t weigh enough to “use roids”.
Just up the food if you want to gain weight

Clarida was like 170 on stage. Weight is irrelevant.
What is an acceptable weight?
David Henry used to be like 150 on stage
Are you the gate keeper of acceptable?
When your on stage or walking around there’s no scale. Guys can look pretty damn good at 175.
how much do you think Frank Zane weighed? I think Robby Robison competed at 200.
So according to you a lot of classic or physique guys shouldn’t either?
How much did Lee Labrada weigh?

David Henry was 5.4. And that's his ripped weight.

Ask this guy to post pictures. You will know what I was talking about.

You quote examples of genetic freaks.

Okay lets go by your rule

Lets just put all 170 lbs guys on grams of gear because there's no acceptable condition or base to start things off.

Scale numbers are irrelevant unless you have a weight class. Body composition and performance are relevant.
Come down off your cross.
Scale is relevant for beginners. Specially those that ask such questions.
They should be told to put in the work before they jump on grams of stuff. Thats our moral obligation.

For all I care, they can fuck themselves up x

Back