• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Are Mirrors Extinct.??

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Saturday I was having some eggs,potatoes and A strip of bacon in the cafe at Ingles(local grocery store) and this family comes over with a young boy,maybe 4...Well the Grandparents are huge,like pushing 325lbs(each)and passing on the tradition...donuts..!!

I mean,it's not bad enough that they have thrown being healthy to the wind but now starting the boy down the same road...WoW..

So,are all the mirrors broken or covered up..??
No really,because this doesn't just happen..it takes yrs to become that FAT..Sorry curvy is BS..
Not even to mention the massive list of health issues that are on the way..And damn the billion dollar industry that pushes pills instead of getting off their Asses..

Now I do sympathize with people with Real problems that are out of their control..but for the other 90% of people making up BS excuses...Shame on You...and damn you for passing those bad habits down to you un-knowing children..Yeah I'm being harsh but,when will it stop??

I just don't understand how someone could look at themselves in a mirror day after day after month and after years..and just not give enough to put their foot down..

For those trying..my hat is off too you and I will help in any way possible...BUT to those that constantly pass that mirror and care less...Sad

Rant Over

I'm with you -- especially saddening that their poor decisions are trying to be passed onto a young person that cannot discern proper choices at their age. It's easy to instill bad habits early and those habits tend to stick.

I (unfortunately perhaps) take it to the level that I believe "fat-shaming" should be allowed. Over 90% of fat people are simply a function of their poor choices and have nothing physiologically out of order (other than refined-carb-induced insulin resistance maybe). There is no beauty at any weight IMHO

I was a fat kid and still carrying more than I should. I'm desperate that my kids not have the same eating habits I did. Being fat your whole life is miserable. Giving them eating and exercise habits that set them up for success is one of the biggest gifts you can give them.

I was a fat kid and still carrying more than I should. I'm desperate that my kids not have the same eating habits I did. Being fat your whole life is miserable. Giving them eating and exercise habits that set them up for success is one of the biggest gifts you can give them.

So agree. And I'm in a similar boat. I was a fat kid for 30 years, then started lifting. I see one of my kids, poor eating choices, and fairly sedentary. I'm trying to get him to come lift with me now.

I hate to say it but maybe life has passed us by and it's a new era we can't or don't want to understand.

It's a difference the way we were raised and what you see today.

I do hold out hope and see it regularly that couples that raise kids these days instill values that were important like back in the day.

But it's becoming farther and fewer.

Shit, fat kids in school were rare, nothing like today.

Amen. I'm in the Midwest and unfortunately this is the case more often than not. I coul be walking around at 25% BF and still be in the top 10%

Before I got sick,we used to have a nice boat and modest place at lake Keewee...in 5-6 yrs of going every weekend of summer,we saw maybe 5 decent looking guys..out of 100's..women even less..all in their 30's or younger...just sad..

Well my mirrors are just fine...
Got to say..I do enjoy the side bar talk at PT when my shirt comes off..

Consistency is the key...wk after wk...yr after yr..

Back