MonsterMakers Log

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

I obviously had miscalculated my maintenance intake or it has gone up significantly since starting this cycle. Been fluctuating between 171-175 for over a week now. Today I was back down to 171. Gonna try upping the calories to 3500-3700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9,141 Posts
    Rep Points

There is no peanut butter on earth better than skippy super chunk. Period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    Push/pull/legs.

Pull/push/legs rather but for:

pull days:

Iíve been doing dumbbell rows, lat pull down, bent rows, hammer curls, regular curls,shrugs

Push days: incline,decline, flat Bench (barbell to start, dumbbell to burnout), close grip bench, DB flys, decline dumbbell tricep extensions, Dips,

Letís: rack pulls (not sure if this is better for leg day or pull day) squats, dumbbell lungesÖ

Not sure where to put military press either, Iím assuming it should be with push day?

I know my routine needs work and I would love if you guys to tweak it for me.

take out shrugs and do rack pulls on pull day.
    Iíd remove remove flat barbell bench and use dumbbells.

I donít think military is necessary. Iíd add in rear delt flies or reverse pec dec on pull day.
    Iíd add pullovers as the first exercise on back day.

for legs Iíd do
    leg curl
    hack squat
    leg press
    leg extension/lunges/or Bulgarian db squats
    abductor

id also focus on getting as strong as possible on every exercise. When one stalls 2 weeks in a row change it for a different one. Keep a log book.
    Last edited by Bft84; 06-06-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,262 Posts
    Rep Points

Push/pull/legs.

Pull/push/legs rather but for:

pull days:

Iíve been doing dumbbell rows, lat pull down, bent rows, hammer curls, regular curls,shrugs

Push days: incline,decline, flat Bench (barbell to start, dumbbell to burnout), close grip bench, DB flys, decline dumbbell tricep extensions, Dips,

Letís: rack pulls (not sure if this is better for leg day or pull day) squats, dumbbell lungesÖ

Not sure where to put military press either, Iím assuming it should be with push day?

I know my routine needs work and I would love if you guys to tweak it for me.

Rack pulls could be on either day, it just depends where you're pulling from and what you're trying to target

If it's mid shin and you're getting a lot of ham and glute, leg day. If it's knee ish, a snatch grip would be good for back day.

The biggest things with PPL and other low volume higher frequency training styles is to, find movements you REALLY feel that you can load effectively.

It's a tinkering thing for a few weeks to get the layout right for each person.

I'm more interested in your sets reps and exercise order then the movements you're using though.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,234 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Rack pulls could be on either day, it just depends where you're pulling from and what you're trying to target

If it's mid shin and you're getting a lot of ham and glute, leg day. If it's knee ish, a snatch grip would be good for back day.

The biggest things with PPL and other low volume higher frequency training styles is to, find movements you REALLY feel that you can load effectively.

I'm more interested in your sets reps and exercise order then the movements you're using though.
    This
    Exactly to a T what I was thinking

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

Gotcha, sorry for any delays with the log. Iím gonna add to it sporadically as Iím pretty busy most days.

When I usually start with some warm up sets in the 8-10 two range and then move onto weight that I canít do more than 8 reps of. So two range is usually 4-8. Then once I start burning out and canít do 4 Iíll drop the weight and keep doing so until Iím pretty burned out.

I donít have any particular method of what I start with but I usually start with the bigger exercise and end with the more smaller more isolated exercises. Start with bench and and with tricep extensions for instance. I actually usually do about 8-13 rep range for those exercises too.

If Iím doing curls Iíll switch it up. Start heavy get some heavy reps in then drop the weight and lift for many reps 15+ until Iím shaking and have a nice pump.

My routine is very unstructed and I know I need to work on that and get a game plan made up so if anyone is willing to help with that Iíd appreciate it. I can make it to the gym at least one hour every day and could put in 2.5 hours on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

My weight has only gone up slightly from the last time I weighed in, about 1LB. Puts me at 172.5. Thatís still down from the initial flare up two weeks in when I wait 176. What do you guys think is going on here? Just not eating enough calories? Does it look like Iím loosing body fat, gaining fat, or staying the same?

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,234 Posts
    Rep Points

Gotcha, sorry for any delays with the log. Iím gonna add to it sporadically as Iím pretty busy most days.

When I usually start with some warm up sets in the 8-10 two range and then move onto weight that I canít do more than 8 reps of. So two range is usually 4-8. Then once I start burning out and canít do 4 Iíll drop the weight and keep doing so until Iím pretty burned out.

I donít have any particular method of what I start with but I usually start with the bigger exercise and end with the more smaller more isolated exercises. Start with bench and and with tricep extensions for instance. I actually usually do about 8-13 rep range for those exercises too.

If Iím doing curls Iíll switch it up. Start heavy get some heavy reps in then drop the weight and lift for many reps 15+ until Iím shaking and have a nice pump.

My routine is very unstructed and I know I need to work on that and get a game plan made up so if anyone is willing to help with that Iíd appreciate it. I can make it to the gym at least one hour every day and could put in 2.5 hours on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

My weight has only gone up slightly from the last time I weighed in, about 1LB. Puts me at 172.5. Thatís still down from the initial flare up two weeks in when I wait 176. What do you guys think is going on here? Just not eating enough calories? Does it look like Iím loosing body fat, gaining fat, or staying the same?

Go to my posts and check out the workouts I posted not long ago in uncle z forum

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,234 Posts
    Rep Points

Not my actual log but something like ....... Hold on I'll screen shot
    Last edited by samgraves82; 06-07-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,262 Posts
    Rep Points

I would put all of my energy into setting up a very well thought out training program.

It's the most important part of growing, even more so then food. Without the right stimulus, food is wasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

I would put all of my energy into setting up a very well thought out training program.

It's the most important part of growing, even more so then food. Without the right stimulus, food is wasted.
    Ya Iím gonna check out the hypertrophy program Sam recommended and maybe build off of that. Going to be doing some homework tonight after work so I have a plan before I go into the the gym tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,349 Posts
    Rep Points

Ya Iím gonna check out the hypertrophy program Sam recommended and maybe build off of that. Going to be doing some homework tonight after work so I have a plan before I go into the the gym tomorrow.
    Montego's a wise man and go check out his log...lots of info there too!
    Show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Rep Points

You really should just pick about 4 exercises per body part and just focus on getting as strong as possible in them within the 5-9 and 10-12 rep range. Get a log book and beat your reps and weight each workout. I wouldnít waste time with any fluff exercises. One top end and one back off set per exercise. Just hammer them into the ground and then when you fail to add reps or sets 2 weeks in a row change the movement and beat that one into the ground. You donít need some special high volume hypertrophy routine. Get a plan a boring basic progressive overload plan and stick to it for years. I guarantee youíll grow faster from that than anything else. Take a guys incline bench from 200lbs to 300lbs and Iíll guarantee heíll have a bigger chest. Same with say a hack squat or any movement. You donít need drop sets or burnout sets or supersets or 20-30 sets a week per body part. Its not necessary. You just need to be able to truly put everything into each working set like your life depends on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Rep Points

pull a
    pullover 2x15-20
    bent row 5-9,10-12
    Neutral grip pulldown 5-9,10-12
    Cable Rear delt fly 2x15-20
    Curl 6-9,10-12,15-20

Push a
    incline bench 5-9,10-12
    Hammer press 5-9,10-12
    High incline smith 5-9,10-12
    Db lat raise 2x15-20
    dips 5-9,10-12

legs a
    seated leg curl 5-9,10-12
    hack squat 10-12,15-20
    leg press10-12,15-20
    rdl 5-9,10-12

add a second rotation of each day with different exercises
    Each set is failure. Add reps each week or weight if you hit or exceed the rep range. When you stall 2 weeks in a row change the exercise. Iíd do abs and calves every day.
    just an example.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,234 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    You really should just pick about 4 exercises per body part and just focus on getting as strong as possible in them within the 5-9 and 10-12 rep range. Get a log book and beat your reps and weight each workout. I wouldnít waste time with any fluff exercises. One top end and one back off set per exercise. Just hammer them into the ground and then when you fail to add reps or sets 2 weeks in a row change the movement and beat that one into the ground. You donít need some special high volume hypertrophy routine. Get a plan a boring basic progressive overload plan and stick to it for years. I guarantee youíll grow faster from that than anything else. Take a guys incline bench from 200lbs to 300lbs and Iíll guarantee heíll have a bigger chest. Same with say a hack squat or any movement. You donít need drop sets or burnout sets or supersets or 20-30 sets a week per body part. Its not necessary. You just need to be able to truly put everything into each working set like your life depends on it.
    Yep yep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bft84 View Post
    pull a
    pullover 2x15-20
    bent row 5-9,10-12
    Neutral grip pulldown 5-9,10-12
    Cable Rear delt fly 2x15-20
    Curl 6-9,10-12,15-20

Push a
    incline bench 5-9,10-12
    Hammer press 5-9,10-12
    High incline smith 5-9,10-12
    Db lat raise 2x15-20
    dips 5-9,10-12

legs a
    seated leg curl 5-9,10-12
    hack squat 10-12,15-20
    leg press10-12,15-20
    rdl 5-9,10-12

add a second rotation of each day with different exercises
    Each set is failure. Add reps each week or weight if you hit or exceed the rep range. When you stall 2 weeks in a row change the exercise. Iíd do abs and calves every day.
    just an example.
    Seriously thanks man. What about isolation exercises for tris and bis?