Beginning to feel disappointed

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 161
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    815

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    449
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    336
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Rep Points
    3360100

    Beginning to feel disappointed

    Iím in my 4th week of my first cycle and it has unfortunately been unremarkable for the most part. I feel like Iím either doing something wrong here or my gear isnít up to par or I had my standards too high. I should mention that Iím getting my labs done this week too, just thought Iíd put this out there to hear any thoughts.

    Iím eating pretty clean @3000 cals a day. Carbs are 200+ Gs daily and protein is 200-400 gs daily. Carbs primarily from brown rice and veggies. Protein primarily from chicken breasts, tuna, and extra lean beef. Iím lifting 3X week and doing full body workouts. Bench, military, DB rows, rack pulls, tricep extension, flys, cable cross overs, make up a lot of my workout. I shoot for 4-8 rep range. Going to be trying a push/pull split to see if more recovery time helps with gains.

    Iíve only seen a minimal increase in strength since starting. I definitely donít have the mental edge I was hoping for. I actually feel kinda shitty most days. Just burned out feeling, and thatís kind of concerning. The extreme mental and physical exhaustion/fatigue is what had me looking into my T levels before I even decided I wanted to try a cycle, and now Iím blasting 500 msg and donít feel any better or maybe even worse some days.

    After about 2 weeks from starting I gained about 8 lbs. I assumed that was all water retention as I looked and felt puffy and lost definition, I have a soft look to me now. I gained about two more LBs since the initial bloat but I wouldnít be surprised if itís just body fat.

    Does this sound typical for someoneís first? I kept hearing how great the first cycle is and how much mental aggression you have is just ridiculous... I just feel bloated...not to mention the pip I get almost every time has been hindering my progress, for sure. Especially the first couple weeks when I was only pinning my quads.

  2. #2
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    115

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points
    454712

    Was the same for me, I found that at about 6-8 weeks things started to look different. I was also eating too little and very clean. I was expecting crazy results and unfortunately that didnít happen right off the bat. I definitely felt better mentally though as my test began to rise and I needed a sledge hammer to keep my dick down . Muscle growth shot through the roof once I got over my fear of carbs and raised them. Nothing blew me away until Test went a little past 500mgs and nandrolone was added. My physique completely changed. If the gear is bad, youíll know after blood work . If the gear is good, eat more.

  3. #3
    Carpet-Chewer
    Augustine5I's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6,697

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,509
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,307
    Thanked in
    1,854 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    Iím in my 4th week of my first cycle and it has unfortunately been unremarkable for the most part. I feel like Iím either doing something wrong here or my gear isnít up to par or I had my standards too high. I should mention that Iím getting my labs done this week too, just thought Iíd put this out there to hear any thoughts.

    Iím eating pretty clean @3000 cals a day. Carbs are 200+ Gs daily and protein is 200-400 gs daily. Carbs primarily from brown rice and veggies. Protein primarily from chicken breasts, tuna, and extra lean beef. Iím lifting 3X week and doing full body workouts. Bench, military, DB rows, rack pulls, tricep extension, flys, cable cross overs, make up a lot of my workout. I shoot for 4-8 rep range. Going to be trying a push/pull split to see if more recovery time helps with gains.

    Iíve only seen a minimal increase in strength since starting. I definitely donít have the mental edge I was hoping for. I actually feel kinda shitty most days. Just burned out feeling, and thatís kind of concerning. The extreme mental and physical exhaustion/fatigue is what had me looking into my T levels before I even decided I wanted to try a cycle, and now Iím blasting 500 msg and donít feel any better or maybe even worse some days.

    After about 2 weeks from starting I gained about 8 lbs. I assumed that was all water retention as I looked and felt puffy and lost definition, I have a soft look to me now. I gained about two more LBs since the initial bloat but I wouldnít be surprised if itís just body fat.

    Does this sound typical for someoneís first? I kept hearing how great the first cycle is and how much mental aggression you have is just ridiculous... I just feel bloated...not to mention the pip I get almost every time has been hindering my progress, for sure. Especially the first couple weeks when I was only pinning my quads.
    Let your Lab work do the talking.

    But at 4 weeks you should be able to notice some benefit to the testosterone you are taking.

  4. #4
    ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD
    Multislacking's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    16,418

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17,119
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18,397
    Thanked in
    9,108 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Post up your full cycle...everything you're taking (ai, etc). At 3000 cals, you're not going to put on a lot of mass, if that is your intent. Or are you trying to recomp? At 4wks in, you are just starting to get the benefit. 6wks is typically when the real magic starts to happen (at least for me).

  5. #5
    Registered User
    GarlicChicken's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,971

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8,044
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,561
    Thanked in
    3,060 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I'm not sure what your goal actually is, but if it's bodybuilding your diet and training are the problem.

    Try eating the exact same thing every day, all foods weighed out. Incorporate better carbs like oats, white rice, and some fruit. Make sure you're getting enough fats. One beef meal at night daily, and some healthy fats like evoo, mac nut oil, or peanut butter. Keep protein intake steady around 1.5g/lb of body weight. Do this for two weeks and see what happens.

    Full body workouts suck for hypertrophy. Switch to push/pull/legs and a separate arm day. Make sure you have at least one heavier progressive overload movement per body part, and add a little volume. Then either make your last exercise for each part a stretched exercise or add static stretching after (or both) for extra metabolic load.

    The stuff isn't magic, but it kinda is if everything else is correct. Get your bloodwork done and post it up along with doses.

    What are you actually running?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    zionoir626's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blue Ridge
    Posts
    3,664

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    543
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,360
    Thanked in
    881 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Bloodwork is very important at this point..2nd,change up the training like GC said..Eat more..change source any see if the PIP goes..

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    115

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points
    454712

    Garlic Chicken is 3000% correct . Everything he mentioned . Oates with bananas and egg whites twice a day, 2 extra lean ground beef and sweet potato meals, sometimes white rice , 2 fair life protein shake drinks. Fruit for snacks . Dinner with the family, clean as possible. Hitting muscles twice a week and arms 3 times a week works best for me . 1-2 progressive overload (sometimes gets a little too egotistical). Volume and squeeze on the back end of every workout . Iím just a average dude that gains fat very quick and struggles to gain quality muscle . Once all of that was consistent day by day with the gear added . I actually look like I take steroids now . Thatís the goal anyways right ? Iím still learning a lot from these guys on here. Everyday I try to improve something . Most of all, doing this the healthy way which sometimes I admit I tend to ignore . Iíd Say Diet and quality of workouts is whatís gnna take you to the level your looking for

  8. #8
    Registered User
    ArgonCoagulator's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    In Trenwithdrawal
    Posts
    2,878

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,294
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,498
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Rep Points
    470124997

    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    I'm not sure what your goal actually is, but if it's bodybuilding your diet and training are the problem.

    Try eating the exact same thing every day, all foods weighed out. Incorporate better carbs like oats, white rice, and some fruit. Make sure you're getting enough fats. One beef meal at night daily, and some healthy fats like evoo, mac nut oil, or peanut butter. Keep protein intake steady around 1.5g/lb of body weight. Do this for two weeks and see what happens.

    Full body workouts suck for hypertrophy
    . Switch to push/pull/legs and a separate arm day. Make sure you have at least one heavier progressive overload movement per body part, and add a little volume. Then either make your last exercise for each part a stretched exercise or add static stretching after (or both) for extra metabolic load.

    The stuff isn't magic, but it kinda is if everything else is correct. Get your bloodwork done and post it up along with doses.

    What are you actually running?

    Thank you lol.

    Anyone at a point in their life where they feel they are ready to embark on a cycle should be well past the point of doing full body workouts.

    I'd even dare to say there are more effective ways for beginners to train.

    Sure Steve Reeves looked great doing full body but guys back then were morons when it came to training.
    Last edited by ArgonCoagulator; 06-02-2021 at 11:36 AM.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    zionoir626's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Blue Ridge
    Posts
    3,664

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    543
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,360
    Thanked in
    881 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    For me being an Ecto..I are everything..pushed between 4500 to 6k a day.. I didn't eat clean,not fast food but eating every 3 hrs something..took a medium size cooler to work..a large shake 50+ grs..but consumed it during the 8 hrs..2 baked potatoes..tuna..peanut Butter sandwiches..I packed on the rice and pasta..

  10. #10
    Registered User
    hot rod's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    1,896

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,352
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,471
    Thanked in
    936 Posts
    Rep Points
    36362859

    first of all- and most important- don't give up before the magic happens! Don't think u have to eat 99% ground beef when u have a burger. Don't be afraid of Carbs bro! they may be even more important than protein where u are right now. IF in the next 2-3 weeks u don't feel better, stronger, and have gained 10 more pounds, u have shit gear( and i don't even want u to mention where u got it- doesn't matter- it's shit) I'm wondering if ur having reverse placebo effect. Keep in mind everyones diff., but I gained 33 lbs in 8 weeks on 500 test and 50 mgs d-bol. my first cycle. (35 yrs ago). Doesn't mean u will- and I know the new age cycles are 500 test only, but the d-bol sure as hell didn't hurt me-(hint,hint) even @ 25 mgs- still think ur test is bunk- hope i'm wrong- but if it is don't give up-plenty of diff places to try. Once u get it figured out- and u will bro, after u get a few cycles under ur belt, test/deca/d-bol. tried and true- you'll thank me later- ur bloods will tell u what the problem is- and bro- stick the shit in ur ass- that's what it's there for!- The MAIN thing is DON'T give up! You are just missing something- you'll figure it out and then the bar will feel like it's moving by itself! (Almost) Good Luck man! and let us know what ur labs say!- that's gonna tell the tale for u bro! (one other thing- listen to your body man- sounds like u could poss. be working a little too hard-just a guess) Keep it simple- it's all one big experiment man. Just don't quit too soon- the shit works or we wouldn't ALL be doing it. Sorry to go on and on bud-good luck!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    christiantt's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    556

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    424
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    408
    Thanked in
    261 Posts
    Rep Points
    6192413

    Def hang in there man. Also, how old are you?

    You're gear could be under-dosed, might just be shitty quality overall, etc. Blood-work will tell the tale. If it's the gear, then I am very sorry and that sucks for sure. But at least you will know. I don't care who the source is if the gear is bad, don't care to start trashing anyone, just do more research and find one of the couple solid ones that are on these boards.

    Garlic has some good advice on mixing up your workouts a bit to stimulate things as well as the nutrition part.

    However, yes, your overall experience is not the "normal", imo, for your first test cycle of 500mgs/week at about the 4th/5th week in if:
    - the gear is good
    - training and diet dialed in
    - and no underlying or pre-existing health conditions that could be holding you back.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    FM19's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    316

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    311
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    240
    Thanked in
    158 Posts
    Rep Points
    4547718

    Your at the point where you may just start to really feel/see any differences. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you can't grow without gear, its not going to magically correct the areas you may have been missing before using gear. What's your goals for the cycle? BF%? Expectations for the cycle, etc.?

  13. #13
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    El Halluf
    Posts
    3,415

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonCoagulator View Post
    Thank you lol.

    Anyone at a point in their life where they feel they are ready to embark on a cycle should be well past the point of doing full body workouts.

    I'd even dare to say there are more effective ways for beginners to train.

    Sure Steve Reeves looked great doing full body but guys back then were morons when it came to training.
    Im gonna beat a dead horse and second this....

    200-400g protein a day? Wtf? And full body workouts, 3x wk?
    That's a terrible recipe for today cycle success.
    When i go in the gym to train arms... only arms.... it takes 60 minutes. I feel like i want to puke afterwards from the pain and intensity. All the curlbro jerkoffs are doing their bullshit workouts chatting it up and Ive got sweat rolling off me, out of breath, talking to no one. That's just arms. There is a huge difference between working out and training. Full body is going to do nothing but turn you into fit guy with little to no results along with that diet. If you want to bu8ld mass, lean or not you need to eat. When you're done, eat more. Then eat more.
    If you have a term in your diet like "snack" ... you're not dieting. You made no mention of fats. Where are the good fats? There's another 1000 calories a day just getting a fair amount of goid fats in. If you weigh abs log everything id bet you're getting way less than what you think you are.
    RIP Big Lou

    All statements made by BTC are for entertainment purposes only. Not meant to be taken literally.

  14. #14
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    307

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Rep Points
    1323274715

    Libido was the first thing I ďfeltĒ on my first cycle of Testosterone at 500mg per week. Around week 3 or 4 I started getting random hard ons like I was in middle school again. Then from that point forward strength and weight gain followed. I gained a lot of sloppy weight because my diet was shit, but I gained significant strength very quickly from week 4 or 5 all the way through week 12. I felt like a complete alpha male and full of energy after my first shot, but now I know that was complete placebo lol.
    Stay the course man, patience is key here. Either the gear is legit, or itís not. If it isnít just chalk it up as a loss and try to find a new source.
    If you browse the sponsor forums for even 15 or 20 minutes you should be able to find a solid one.
    Keep us posted on the lab results. Oh, and as everyone else said, ditch the full body workouts. If you are set on only going 3 days a week I recommend something like this:

    Day 1 - Squats and legs
    Day 2 - Bench press, shoulders, and triceps
    Day 3 - Deadlift, lats, traps, rear delts, and if youíre feeling ambitious you can throw in extra hamstring work also.

    Hang in there man, donít get discouraged yet.

  15. #15
    Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD
    Vision's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Anabolic Erudite
    Posts
    20,023

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,395
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8,133
    Thanked in
    5,066 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647

    I'm going to offer you a suggestion here that you should really take into consideration - HIRE A COACH..

    The type of training you're doing is garbage and you're wasting your time, and as far as your meals are concerned you most likely not timing them properly, and you're not making your adjustments where you should be with your on days and off days. Hire a coach, because you'll understand what I'm talking about.

    If you do your research and look around you can find someone that would really work with you, and you'll have to check in every week with progress pics and you have to be on point and listen to everything they say.
    They will teach you things you didn't know and they will see things that you cannot see, and they will make adjustments where need be.. If you get a good coach it'll be the best thing you ever did, trust me..

Similar Threads

  1. The beginning of the END.
    By kilsong in forum The Pit
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: Yesterday, 02:10 PM
  2. This is only the beginning...
    By The Admin in forum The Pit
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-24-2020, 11:07 AM
  3. beginning AAS
    By sdawg333 in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 08:06 AM
  4. Beginning of the end?
    By tommygunz in forum Muscle Central
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 07:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2012-2021 Anabolic Steroid Discussion Forums