• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

blood draw kits

implicitnewt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone here do their own blood draws for HCT control? Looking for some decent kits, have used kawasumi and they are relatively decent but wondering what else is out there.

I do my own and have used Kawasumi off ebay as well.

I may be wrong but the collection bag seems smaller then what I have used in that past.

That 16 gauge pin is a lawn dart LOL

haha ya it is. Last draw stopped flowing on me and I have no idea how with that damn thing stabbed in my arm

haha ya it is. Last draw stopped flowing on me and I have no idea how with that damn thing stabbed in my arm

Very common if the needle moves around in the vein, or if you are not using gravity to allow the blood to flow downwards into the bag :)

Very common if the needle moves around in the vein, or if you are not using gravity to allow the blood to flow downwards into the bag :)

lol definitely ok on the gravity thing. I'll have a word with my phlebotomist on the quality of her jabs lol

I also use eBay for my bags. Needles seems smaller than the Red Cross but they do the job.

I can't use the kits with the lawn darts so I pice together one with small a needle but to make it work I get the large vaccum vials so they pull through the small needle works great just takes more time

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

I just got same kit. Do you have to press anything before or after you insert needle?

I just got same kit. Do you have to press anything before or after you insert needle?
No, but hold it steady , like I mentioned its a lawn dart and leaves a nice size hole. Hold nice pressure with gauze when you are done for a few minutes. Dont wait seconds like they do at Red Cross. This is much bigger gauge and takes longer to clot.

IML Gear Cream!
Did you just insert needle and blood start flowing? Do you have to push anything, like there is a needle sampling port. Is that just a regulator or pathway for blood to go into bag. I ain't afraid of jabbing, I just hope I'm not missing a step, like a click I'm not seeing to let blood flow go

No, but hold it steady , like I mentioned its a lawn dart and leaves a nice size hole. Hold nice pressure with gauze when you are done for a few minutes. Dont wait seconds like they do at Red Cross. This is much bigger gauge and takes longer to clot.
Thanks a million for the reply man. So when I'm done, I just pull needle out and cover with gauze?

You just insert the needle and so long as you are in the vein it will flow very fast. Be sure the tubing is lower then the arm, for instance gravity will bring it into the bag and fill it.

You can squeeze a tennis ball or just squeeze your fist before doing it to get the blood flowing. Make sure you are hydrated well.
If you can get help doing it great, but if not, be sure to attempt to put the gauze on the puncture the second it comes out. Its not uncommon if you don't for blood to spray out and this is also not great for the vein. After you are done hold the gauze on the puncture firmly for a good few minutes before taping said gauze down with medical tape and leaving it on for the remainder of the day.
Don't workout, drink alcohol, limit caffeine after you do it

Good luck.

You just insert the needle and so long as you are in the vein it will flow very fast. Be sure the tubing is lower then the arm, for instance gravity will bring it into the bag and fill it.

You can squeeze a tennis ball or just squeeze your fist before doing it to get the blood flowing. Make sure you are hydrated well.
If you can get help doing it great, but if not, be sure to attempt to put the gauze on the puncture the second it comes out. Its not uncommon if you don't for blood to spray out and this is also not great for the vein. After you are done hold the gauze on the puncture firmly for a good few minutes before taping said gauze down with medical tape and leaving it on for the remainder of the day.
Don't workout, drink alcohol, limit caffeine after you do it

Good luck.
Thanks for your time bro and detailed explanation. Got labs coming up in a week. This was super helpful. One more question. With that 16 g harpoon. Did you jab it in vein or just firmly press and about how far? Thanks man. God bless.

Thanks for your time bro and detailed explanation. Got labs coming up in a week. This was super helpful. One more question. With that 16 g harpoon. Did you jab it in vein or just firmly press and about how far? Thanks man. God bless.
Never jab into a vein.

Copy what they do when they take ur labs. Slow and firm. Make sure the angle is correct. You only need to go in 1/8-1/4 of an inch if that. Do not go to far.

Alot of guys get anxious and shaky doing their own so compose yourself before u try it.

Don't move it around in the vein as u can damage the vein doing this.

Slow and steady.

It can take anywhere from 4-8 mins to dump 1-2 pints in my experiences.

Hydration is a factor.

Thanks bro. I'm gonna do tonight. Been drinking lots of water. Been watching some phlebotomy draw videos and angle they go at. Yeah that makes sense, I got big veins. Thanks alot. I'll let you know how it went

Back