GW-50 [Cardarine (GW501516)] - What does it actually do?

P.S.L Representative
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Rep Points

GW-50 [Cardarine (GW501516)] - What does it actually do?

https://puritysourcelabs.ru/sarms-us...mgtab-usa.html

Here's the super simplified version...(You can read the linked studies for the grown-up version)

Cardarine aka GW-50 aka GW501516 is a synthetic agonist of the Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta (PPARδ). PPARδ receptors regulate muscle metabolism and homeostasis in skeletal muscle and are activated during exercise. When these receptors are activated their job is to maintain homeostasis within the muscle. This means make sure the muscles have enough, and the right kind of fuel for whatever type of exercise they are being subjected to.

-For aerobic exercise (cardio) the muscles prefer to utilize fatty acids as fuel for a nice, slow, and steady supply of fuel.

-For anaerobic exercise (weight lifting) the muscles prefer carbohydrates for quick and easy energy for more explosive movements.

This is all regulated by PPARδ.

Cardarine activates these PPARδ receptors in a similar way that aerobic exercise does. It triggers a mechanism in the muscle cells' mitochondria that switches its preferred fuel source from carbohydrates to fatty acids. Normally this switch would only happen briefly during aerobic exercise but Cardarine maintains this switch 24/7 which means your body is burning mostly fat throughout the entire day as your body is being tricked into thinking it is doing aerobic exercise.

-This explains why fat loss is increased with Cardarine use.

-This also explains the increase in endurance and cardiovascular ability, because your body is always being prepped and fueled for endurance and aerobic activity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4421799/

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,407 Posts
    Rep Points

Great post

Cardarine is one of the most under-rated supplements to exist.

It literally just helps melt bodyfat off you and is so noticeable. I have yet to try Cardarine 2.0 but I look forward to using it soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    Rep Points

I have used it, the original cardarine, when cycling down and off and it makes my blood work pristine as far as blood lipids. It also burns fat so while I lose some of that AAS water retention the leanness come on as 1-2% BF come off. I am a little concerned with it though for use as a frequent compound. I did notice skin tags with it and some others have told me the same. So, with its being suspect as a possible carcinogen, especially in small animal testing, I am pretty careful with it and use it for 3-4 weeks and then not again until months later.