Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jrup1986 View Post
    My thing is time wouldn't exist. Yes day and night exist without man , but time was created to perceive things .if man didn't exist it would simply be night or day unless another intelligent creature came along . If planets didn't exist there would be no use for time

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    I think you are talking about the "time" that people "definedĒ for themselves. It's about how we measure it.

But we didnít invent the time in a greater sense. Time had existed even before the Big Bang.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drugsgear View Post
    I think you are talking about the "time" that people "definedĒ for themselves. It's about how we measure it.

But we didnít invent the time in a greater sense. Time had existed even before the Big Bang.
    I disagree because before the big bang there was nothing just pure dark empty void. So there was no light to be able to perceive how far it travels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    246 Posts
    Rep Points

elapsed time = Power/work. Therefore if the OP is correct then there is no work nor is there power because without time neither exist. Therefore COVID lock down is OK since work does not exist and the Marxists are not nearing the end of their slow march to total global takeover.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,205 Posts
    Rep Points

So I was thinking....

speed is definitely a way to perceive time without a clock or light for your brain to calculate. So one way is.... sit in the passenger seat of your car blindfolded with ear plugs in....have your friend drive or not drive without telling you.

also think about GPS... those satellite are going like 15000 mph around the earth but somehow someway they (for the most part) can give you accurate directions or accurately pin point your location..... even tho itís not possible for you to be traveling that fast.

it all comes down to mathematics and equations and formulas .... mathematics, dimensional measurements, and such things like that exist whether we humans are here to discover it or not.

it also brings up how egotistical most atheists are.... whatís the point of any of this if there is no God. Whatís the point of working and paying bills and providing shelter and safety and food for you and your family if there is no God. Weíre just here and gone in a blink of an eye... who needs morals?

anyways... Iím getting off track but.... this is almost a philosophical debate. And Iím intrigued about how many of you gym rat juice heads think about things other than food and lifting and pussy (or genitalia of your choosing not to exclude kilsong).

so letís hear it boys and girls (and ladyboys and girliemen)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts
    Rep Points

I'm usually too busy to think about much other than work. Just a few more years and I can retire.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    658 Posts
    Rep Points

Time is not just a human construct. Past present and future are all real things and time is a measurement of that.

Itís not just the sun rising and setting and earthís revolutions of the sun, those are just our way of measuring it, the same way we use feet and meters to measure distance, which is just as real as time is.

Time is also a song by Pink Floyd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    And Money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    Time IS Money and they're both songs. Hmmmmmm.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,205 Posts
    Rep Points

Donít forget ďpigs three different onesĒ by Pink Floyd (my personal fave).

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_99 View Post
    yes, time is a unit of measure but it would still exist even if it wasn't quantified. An inch is a quantified measurement too. But that distance between two points still exists whether it's quantified by a measurement or not. Time is no different. Yes, the ability to perceive it as a quantified measurement depends on the existence of intelligence, but time marches on whether anyone is quantifying it or not.
    Does it though? Require intelligence as we perceive it or is it more natural?

Does the cheetah need to know the distance to the gazelle and when to start know that's it's best chance is at x "feet" or x "leaps, bounds whatever"?

I'm not disputing anything you are saying as I agree with everything outside of needing intelligence to quantify it unless you simply mean to put it into a language we can speak, read or at least understand?

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Rep Points

I disagree because before the big bang there was nothing just pure dark empty void. So there was no light to be able to perceive how far it travels

You can read different theories about this. There are tons of theories now about what happened before the big bang. The theory you hold is just one of many. Many theories suggest that space and time existed before the big bang. Some theories are based on the assumption that other universes existed before our universe, the collision of which caused the big bang. Or that our universe has always existed, and big bangs occur regularly and are replaced by big crunches. That is, the expansion of the universe is replaced by conraction. In short, we cannot know how it really is. But we can say for sure that the time was not invented by a men))
    Last edited by Drugsgear; 05-30-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Drugsgear.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drugsgear View Post
    You can read different theories about this. There are tons of theories now about what happened before the big bang. The theory you hold is just one of many. Many theories suggest that space and time existed before the big bang. Some theories are based on the assumption that other universes existed before our universe, the collision of which caused the big bang. Or that our universe has always existed, and big bangs occur regularly and are replaced by big crunches. That is, the expansion of the universe is replaced by conraction. In short, we cannot know how it really is. But we can say for sure that the time was not invented by a men))
    I've heard the bubble universe theory . Its really hard to say we are the only species alive capable of great things when there is so much we don't know

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Rep Points

I've heard the bubble universe theory . Its really hard to say we are the only species alive capable of great things when there is so much we don't know

Sure. If we adhere to the opinion that the universe is infinite, that is, it has an infinite number of versions of everything, then we are definitely not alone in the universe.

Drugsgear.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    747 Posts
    Rep Points

Damn, that alien is ripped! Nice delts and traps. Prolly should work on his pecs and biceps though. How much you wanna bet he usually skips leg day? LOL. Anyway, it's good to see that gyms and fitness are still important in the future.
    Last edited by Necron_99; 06-01-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_99 View Post
    Damn, that alien is ripped! Nice delts and traps. Prolly should work on his pecs and biceps though. How much you wanna bet he usually skips leg day? LOL. Anyway, it's good to see that gyms and fitness are still important in the future.
    Wahahah, that's funny

I thought in the future they would just tune their body with some kind of machine in five minutes or make a super injection.

Drugsgear.com