ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,415 Posts
    Rep Points

Conor McGregor Tops Forbes Highest Paid Athlete List

There was a time when names like Lebron James, Floyd Mayweather, and Manny Pacquiao dominated Forbesí highest paid athlete list. While James still made it onto the list itís clear that thereís a new king in town. It appears that former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor has topped the list.

One of the most popular and polarizing figures in sports today, Conor McGregor has come a long way. In 2013 he was still collecting welfare to make ends meet. Now he has seen his net worth skyrocket in the past 12 months.

Hard Work Pays Off
    Besides his massive fights with Donald ĎCowboyí Cerrone and Dustin Poirier, Conor McGregor would earn a tremendous amount of money outside of fighting. Getting inside the octagon once paid the bills for McGregor. Now his entrepreneurial ventures have earned him the lump sum of his millions in the last calendar year.

His sale of his majority stake in his Proper No. Twelve whiskey brand to Proximo Sports saw Conor McGregor earn a cool $150 million. Not too shabby for the Irishman who didnít know how heíd manage to pay his bills just eight short years ago. His total earnings tally in at $180 million.

So now that Conor McGregor has made tons of money from his fighting career, businesses, and endorsements, does that mean heís hanging it up?

Well apparently not.

Conor McGregor is still scheduled to have the trilogy match with Dustin Poirier this summer. The two are one and one heading into the third fight. In fact, McGregorís loss this past January is likely to make this third match with Poirier even bigger. Both men are set to earn a ton of money in this third match. The amount will easily eclipse their first to two bouts.

While Conor McGregor may have all the money he could ask for, the fact that heís still competing says something about his yearning to leave a legacy. Thereís no reason for him to compete outside of getting revenge and cementing himself as the better man in this rivalry. Most other people who have earned as much as him would kick their feet up and chill out, enjoy the good life and retire. But the fact that he still wants this fight shows that his competitive fire is still burning bright.
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    519 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Admin View Post

There was a time when names like Lebron James, Floyd Mayweather, and Manny Pacquiao dominated Forbesí highest paid athlete list. While James still made it onto the list itís clear that thereís a new king in town. It appears that former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor has topped the list.

One of the most popular and polarizing figures in sports today, Conor McGregor has come a long way. In 2013 he was still collecting welfare to make ends meet. Now he has seen his net worth skyrocket in the past 12 months.

Hard Work Pays Off
    Besides his massive fights with Donald ĎCowboyí Cerrone and Dustin Poirier, Conor McGregor would earn a tremendous amount of money outside of fighting. Getting inside the octagon once paid the bills for McGregor. Now his entrepreneurial ventures have earned him the lump sum of his millions in the last calendar year.

His sale of his majority stake in his Proper No. Twelve whiskey brand to Proximo Sports saw Conor McGregor earn a cool $150 million. Not too shabby for the Irishman who didnít know how heíd manage to pay his bills just eight short years ago. His total earnings tally in at $180 million.

So now that Conor McGregor has made tons of money from his fighting career, businesses, and endorsements, does that mean heís hanging it up?

Well apparently not.

Conor McGregor is still scheduled to have the trilogy match with Dustin Poirier this summer. The two are one and one heading into the third fight. In fact, McGregorís loss this past January is likely to make this third match with Poirier even bigger. Both men are set to earn a ton of money in this third match. The amount will easily eclipse their first to two bouts.

While Conor McGregor may have all the money he could ask for, the fact that heís still competing says something about his yearning to leave a legacy. Thereís no reason for him to compete outside of getting revenge and cementing himself as the better man in this rivalry. Most other people who have earned as much as him would kick their feet up and chill out, enjoy the good life and retire. But the fact that he still wants this fight shows that his competitive fire is still burning bright.
    Thatís a respectful and respectable take.

I donít understand why so many casual fight fans get so emotionally invested in his fights, he hasnít won much lately although I like his chances in this upcoming fight.

I really do like the new more humble Conor though. That bad boy schtick never sat well with me. GSP is my all time favorite for all of the reasons I didnít care for Conorís old gimmicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,050 Posts
    Rep Points

Most casual fans are attracted to his sideshow WWE type antics. He marketed himself as a bad boy like no other MMA guy has ever done and itís served him well. Smart dude because heís no where near the fighter he once was and heís still getting big money fights with average talent at best. He could loose again and again and all he would have to do is throw some chairs or go after one of his opponents peeps and everyone would be wanting to know when his next fight was and be happy to drop $80 on pay per view to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    Thatís a respectful and respectable take.

I donít understand why so many casual fight fans get so emotionally invested in his fights, he hasnít won much lately although I like his chances in this upcoming fight.

I really do like the new more humble Conor though. That bad boy schtick never sat well with me. GSP is my all time favorite for all of the reasons I didnít care for Conorís old gimmicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,127 Posts
    Rep Points

I used to dislike him now I love him.

His personality cracks me up and his humor is second to none. He trolls people better then 99% could.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    252 Posts
    Rep Points

He is totally worthy of being the highest paid athlete, as he is a real showman, not just any fighter. All his fights are a real show and they are gripping even if he loses.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com