Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

Quick question

Iíve got a RX vial of test and both clomid and armidex on hand and Iím waiting for my gear to ship out (should be any day now).

So my question is: is there any way I can use armidex or clomid for the first week or two of my cycle, until my shipment with nolva arrives?

Would it be better to just run the test without either and hope gyno doesnít develop in that first week?

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,564 Posts
    Rep Points

how much test are you planning on using, if its under 300 a week I personally dont feel any sides over 500 I definately need adex, clomid is good for PCT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    how much test are you planning on using, if its under 300 a week I personally dont feel any sides over 500 I definately need adex, clomid is good for PCT
    Plan on running 500/wk I should mention too that Iím more than likely prone to gyno since I got a slight case of it when I hit puberty.

So I can use armidex in place of the nolva for the first week or two, then switch over to nolva? What dose should I take of the armidex?

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

You shouldn't be taking Nolva preemptively like that at all. Unless you're running a short ester there is virtually no chance that gyno will develop within the first week.

An AI is what you need to dose preemptively, and at 500mg/week you may not even necessarily need that. IMO the best practice is to start with a moderate AI dose, survey how you feel and then get blood work a few weeks later and adjust from there.

I'm not trying to come off as prickish but you may want to do a bit more research before you get started here. Your understanding of the purpose and uses of all of these drugs is way off base and you're making me a bit nervous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    You shouldn't be taking Nolva preemptively like that at all. Unless you're running a short ester there is virtually no chance that gyno will develop within the first week.

An AI is what you need to dose preemptively, and at 500mg/week you may not even necessarily need that. IMO the best practice is to start with a moderate AI dose, survey how you feel and then get blood work a few weeks later and adjust from there.

I'm not trying to come off as prickish but you may want to do a bit more research before you get started here. Your understanding of the purpose and uses of all of these drugs is way off base and you're making me a bit nervous.
    I get what youíre saying but Thatís why Iím asking questions before I stick myself...I appreciate the concern though.

Iíve read that Nolva is perfectly safe to take during your cycle for prevention of gyno @ 10-20 mgs/day... I admit I have no insight into armidex of what itís even used for, I was just throwing it out there that I have a script of it...

If you got some read up material to guide me into the finer details, Iíll gladly take a look at it but for now I just need to know what I can do to make a simple test only cycle work for me...

Why shouldnít nolva be ran as a gyno preventative?

If you want to help me gain an understanding into the subject I would appreciate it but the way you came off did seem a bit patronizing considering Iím just trying to make sure Iím alright to even start... if Iím not then Iíll put it off and read up some more...

Iím not balls deep into a cycle with horrible sides and nothing to do about it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMaker View Post
    Iíve got a RX vial of test and both clomid and armidex on hand and Iím waiting for my gear to ship out (should be any day now).

So my question is: is there any way I can use armidex or clomid for the first week or two of my cycle, until my shipment with nolva arrives?

Would it be better to just run the test without either and hope gyno doesnít develop in that first week?
    I always prefer start cycle without using none of them or at leat just a little aromasin . Tamoxifen should be used only when you fell estrogen sides , not to use all cycle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    I always prefer start cycle without using none of them or at leat just a little aromasin . Tamoxifen should be used only when you fell estrogen sides , not to use all cycle
    Ok and then if youíre about to get gyno it will start with itchy/puffy nips, at which point you start nolva?

Ya I had originally planned on using the clomid simply for pct, just wasnít sure if it could prevent gyno during a cycle too, since my TRT DR prescribed it to me to take along with my test...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    If you were to start with a little aromasin like you said, how much and how often? Thanks for the help man

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

I get what youíre saying but Thatís why Iím asking questions before I stick myself...I appreciate the concern though.

Iíve read that Nolva is perfectly safe to take during your cycle for prevention of gyno @ 10-20 mgs/day... I admit I have no insight into armidex of what itís even used for, I was just throwing it out there that I have a script of it...

If you got some read up material to guide me into the finer details, Iíll gladly take a look at it but for now I just need to know what I can do to make a simple test only cycle work for me...

Why shouldnít nolva be ran as a gyno preventative?

If you want to help me gain an understanding into the subject I would appreciate it but the way you came off did seem a bit patronizing considering Iím just trying to make sure Iím alright to even start... if Iím not then Iíll put it off and read up some more...

Iím not balls deep into a cycle with horrible sides and nothing to do about it...
    Yeah I'm not trying to be patronizing at all, when you write things vs. say them to somebody in person things tend to get lost in translation. You really should know what AI's are for though if you're going to be injecting testosterone.

Nolvadex would only be effective in keeping gyno from forming, not keeping you estrogen levels in check. Aside from gyno, you'd still be exposing yourself to all of the estrogen related sides. Clomid is inferior to Nolvadex as far as binding to the receptors in the breast tissue so it's not a great option in treating or preventing gyno. Like Heckler said, it's mostly good for PCT if that's the route you plan on taking afterwards. Having said all of this, although not ideal, yes Nolvadex can be used during cycle to keep from gyno forming but IMO you shouldn't jump straight to it. I also have some pubertal gyno lingering around and I've never needed to take Nolvadex aside from treating symptoms of gyno as they've popped up.

Arimidex is an AI, same as Aromasin or Letrozole. AI's will actually just keep you estrogen levels from spiking due to the increase in testosterone levels, therefore any sides related to elevated estrogen, gyno included, should be under control if dosed properly. I have no personal experience with Arimidex but I believe the dosage you should shoot for preemptively, if you're really concerned is .5mg/ EOD or E3.5D. If your estradiol levels drop too low you may have some fatigue or libido issues but you can dial it in based on feels and blood work later.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,564 Posts
    Rep Points

so your on TRT what are you currently on how much and how often? and what are your stats? Height weight and for BF body fat lets not you the percent measures since everyone thinks they are about 10-15 when they are really 25-30 so can you see any abs? no abs top 4 abs or all 6 abs or veins popping out of my abs

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Did you literally just start trt? I'm trying to read between the lines here. Otherwise, I would think you would be "used" to taking xxx mgs of test, xxx mgs of adex. As others have stated, probably no need for clomid (yet).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Did you literally just start trt? I'm trying to read between the lines here. Otherwise, I would think you would be "used" to taking xxx mgs of test, xxx mgs of adex. As others have stated, probably no need for clomid (yet).
    Yea my meds literally just arrived today...

Doc has me on 150mgs cyp per week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    so your on TRT what are you currently on how much and how often? and what are your stats? Height weight and for BF body fat lets not you the percent measures since everyone thinks they are about 10-15 when they are really 25-30 so can you see any abs? no abs top 4 abs or all 6 abs or veins popping out of my abs
    Iím guessing Iím about 15% BF Iím 165LBs 5í10Ē I can see 4 abs in a relaxed state 6-8 when I flex... but thatís all I have to go off of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Rep Points

Clomid and Nolva are PCT. PCT = Post Cycle Therapy. You take them after your cycle is over.

An AI like Arimidex or Aromasin you take during the cycle.

How many cycles have you ran? And what dose of Test are you running?

If its Test only you might be able to get away with no AI during depending how estrogen prone you are. Its great that you have it to keep on hand but I would only take if you needed to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Yea my meds literally just arrived today...

Doc has me on 150mgs cyp per week
    Did he tell when he plans to do blood work again? Because more than likely, it will be in about 6 wks and you have NO reason to start blasting yet. Expect the doc to give you blood work a few times in the next 6 months to a year. You might get by with running a cycle in the last 6 months if you know what your blood work schedule is like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Rep Points

My plan WAS to run

500mg test/wk 2x pins per week
    20mg nolva daily

And 50mg clomid daily for 30 days pct

I was only asking if there is any way to start my cycle with out the nolva. But now Iím thinking Iíll just wait until my order arrives and only use the nolva in the event my nips start acting up...