Thread: Foraging

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

Foraging

Does anybody do any foraging for mushrooms or ramps or anything?

I love to do it when I have time and I have some pretty killer spots. The first pic is my ramp spot (itís like 2 football fields) and the second one is a spot where I get watercress. Both of these are on my mother in laws property.

I have fall mushroom spots out the ass too but obviously that stuff isnít in season.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,238 Posts
    Rep Points

I got old and lazy. I started doing the math for what it cost me to produce my own stuff as far as vegetables, hunting, fishing. Walmart won.

Doing stuff like that is fun though. It gets you outside, some exercise, etc. And once in awhile you have an "I saw" story. But walmart has those too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points

The only mushrooms folks forage for around where I live are in the cow pastures and they're purely recreational.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_99 View Post
    The only mushrooms folks forage for around where I live are in the cow pastures and they're purely recreational.
    Those kind donít grow in cow shit around here actually. They grow in flood debris along creeks, stream and rivers.

Iíve never found any myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    Those kind donít grow in cow shit around here actually. They grow in flood debris along creeks, stream and rivers.

Iíve never found any myself though.

I've never gone picking myself but there's lots of them around. Many years ago a young kid (prolly about 18 at the time) called me in the morning to ask if I wanted any shrooms. Apparently, he had gone picking with some friends the night before and had way more than they could figure out what to do with. I said, yeah, sure I guess, but wasn't willing to pay for them (no one around there pays for them - they're just too common to be worth anything). He replied, no, they were just looking to unload them and I agreed. He dropped off a green hefty bag full. That's how much extra they had. Definitely a big haul.

I put them up on the roof and let them dry all day. Crushed them into a powder and gave them away for months to anyone who wanted some. They aren't a favorite of mine but back then I'd do them occasionally.
    Last edited by Necron_99; 05-02-2021 at 05:33 PM.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

I've never gone picking myself but there's lots of them around. Many years ago a young kid (prolly about 18 at the time) called me in the morning to ask if I wanted any shrooms. Apparently, he had gone picking with some friends the night before and had way more than they could figure out what to do with. I said, yeah, sure I guess, but wasn't willing to pay for them (no one around there pays for them - they're just too common to be worth anything). He replied, no, they were just looking to unload them and I agreed. He dropped off a green hefty bag full. That's how much extra they had. Definitely a big haul.

I put them up on the roof and let them dry all day. Crushed them into a powder and gave them away for months to anyone who wanted some. They aren't a favorite of mine but back then I'd do them occasionally.
    Lol yeah the last time I got my hands on some I ended up giving them away too, I thought I wanted them but couldnít work up the nerve.

Iíve never tripped after the age of 18. When I was young and had no responsibilities I still had bad trips about 50% of the time. Iíd end up getting nervous about something and it would spiral from there.

I donít think I could eat them and have a good time any more. I have too much stress built up.
    Iíd end up thinking about my kids or work and convince myself that I forgot about something or something like that and Iíd end up having a panic trip probably.

The only time I ever had fun was if it was late at night, just me and one of my buddies who was also tripping and we had no communication with anybody else. If thatís how it was they were awesome.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points

My friends invited me a couple of times, but I just didnít see any fun in it. I like fishing more, it's really cool.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Most loved gay guy on ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    823 Posts
    Rep Points

U guys in these rural areas are interesting as fuck.
    I have no idea what ur talking about.
    :: prudence ::

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kilsong View Post
    U guys in these rural areas are interesting as fuck.
    I have no idea what ur talking about.
    Just going out and looking for a mushrooms or veggies growing out in the woods.

A lot of the stuff you go looking for canít be bought in any stores. At the very best you may be able to find some of it in farmers markets.

Some of the stuff is worth some money although Iíve never personally done it for any more than just my own fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,117 Posts
    Rep Points

I love shrooms! Never once had a bad time with them. The other trip inducers, well, thatís a different story.

as far as foraging goes... I do it for fun and to keep my skills relatively sharp just in case. Ya know when the world goes to shit.... its a good skill set to have. Cuz you know dumb fucks will hunt bird n deer populations to near extinction too.

I also planted a few pear and apple trees, put in raspberry and blueberry, and started asparagus and getting ready to seed my garden.... Iíll do transplants as soon as I know frost aint a issue.

neighbor wants me to help him put in a still.. says alcohol will be a big bartering tool. You never know what starving people are capable of doing for a sandwich so itís a good idea to have a lil extra stuff to barter with.

Between him and I we got some versatile weaponry and my father in laws got the ammo covered.

im in a good spot... look over the valley with farmers in all directions... lots of Amish.

I bought a hand crank generator and a string of sla batteries ... I want to build a giant hand crank generator with a large battery bank... something that might take a few guys to crank but will produce much more electricity than those hand held jobbies...

canning jars and tons of medical supplies on hand too.

itís better to be prepared and not need it in my opinion. I ainít trying to watch mine suffer.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

Foraging

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    I love shrooms! Never once had a bad time with them. The other trip inducers, well, thatís a different story.

as far as foraging goes... I do it for fun and to keep my skills relatively sharp just in case. Ya know when the world goes to shit.... its a good skill set to have. Cuz you know dumb fucks will hunt bird n deer populations to near extinction too.

I also planted a few pear and apple trees, put in raspberry and blueberry, and started asparagus and getting ready to seed my garden.... Iíll do transplants as soon as I know frost aint a issue.

neighbor wants me to help him put in a still.. says alcohol will be a big bartering tool. You never know what starving people are capable of doing for a sandwich so itís a good idea to have a lil extra stuff to barter with.

Between him and I we got some versatile weaponry and my father in laws got the ammo covered.

im in a good spot... look over the valley with farmers in all directions... lots of Amish.

I bought a hand crank generator and a string of sla batteries ... I want to build a giant hand crank generator with a large battery bank... something that might take a few guys to crank but will produce much more electricity than those hand held jobbies...

canning jars and tons of medical supplies on hand too.

itís better to be prepared and not need it in my opinion. I ainít trying to watch mine suffer.
    Yeah itís always good to have a plan at least. I mean everybody where I live owns tons of guns, half the people reload their own ammo, everybody hunts, gardens, forages, etc.

We own quite a bit of property and a shit load of heavy equipment. If the shit ever went down pretty much everyone around would all just band up, patrol and neutralize whatever shitheads came poking around.

Iím not too worried about it tbh. Most people are already relying on themselves at least on some level, weíd just have to be more assertive about it I guess lol.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,564 Posts
    Rep Points

sounds like something hippies would do, do you need birkenstocks and manbuns for such an adventure?

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    sounds like something hippies would do, do you need birkenstocks and manbuns for such an adventure?

No, you donít NEED to have the Birkenstocks or a manbun, but it definitely helps.

Lol actually, the best mushrooms hunters I know are these complete hillbilly outlaws. Wild fuckin idiots thatíll shoot you if they find you in their morel spots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    611 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    No, you donít NEED to have the Birkenstocks or a manbun, but it definitely helps.

Lol actually, the best mushrooms hunters I know are these complete hillbilly outlaws. Wild fuckin idiots thatíll shoot you if they find you in their morel spots.

And this is why they do it......

https://twitter.com/i/status/1389817503451254786

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points

I would never share my mushrooms, lol. I love them so much. Have always loved. Any dish containing mushrooms is just awesome.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com