Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,141 Posts
    Rep Points

Over 40 section?

How many of you guys would be interested in a section dedicated to members over 40?

I know we have a strong member base in that age so I would like to hear some input on things you would like to see in such a section.

Also, would the members over 40 like this section to be a little heavier moderated?

Some complaints I've gotten from our more seasoned vets is the constant chatter in politics and, the typical shit slinging in threads. These would be discouraged in that section unless the older members want them there.

How will we know if you're older, we won't but, the members I do know that are, I'll take their suggestions into consideration.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,141 Posts
    Rep Points

Also, thank you Zionoir626

He has messaged me a few times about trying to get his section added so, kudos to him for keeping on my ass lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Rep Points

Sounds like a great idea!

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,260 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes, that's a great idea! Will be turning 57 this weekend so does that count?
    Show me

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,095 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

Also, would the members over 40 like this section to be a little heavier moderated?

Some complaints I've gotten from our more seasoned vets is the constant chatter in politics and, the typical shit slinging in threads. These would be discouraged in that section unless the older members want them there.
    As an official member of the OFC (Old Farts Club) it might be interesting. I don't know that it needs to be more heavily moderated. Kind of seems like the mods have their hands full nowadays and are a tad quiet. Mods may be busy and I would think a bunch of grumpy old farts would be thick skinned enough not to let words on a computer screen get them riled up. Besides, you know how it goes....delete one post and 20 more get created talking about the one that was deleted. A little conflict helps drive traffic and discussion. I'd say let it float under current forum rules. If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

I've already asked Admin to create a sticky thread for MILF's in the new Over 40 forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

Yes sir! 46 here and learning what’s safe and effective. I have learned a ton here, but a focus on 40 and over would be cool. I really wish I would have been here 15 years ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Rep Points

If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

Would the poll be using Dominion to count the votes.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    As an official member of the OFC (Old Farts Club) it might be interesting. I don't know that it needs to be more heavily moderated. Kind of seems like the mods have their hands full nowadays and are a tad quiet. Mods may be busy and I would think a bunch of grumpy old farts would be thick skinned enough not to let words on a computer screen get them riled up. Besides, you know how it goes....delete one post and 20 more get created talking about the one that was deleted. A little conflict helps drive traffic and discussion. I'd say let it float under current forum rules. If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

I've already asked Admin to create a sticky thread for MILF's in the new Over 40 forum.
    100% agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    Rep Points

Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to throw that in there.....
    Yes... I'm 43 and would be interested in this Old Man club. I've only been a member of ASF for about 9 months, so I know I don't carry any seniority, but my opinion on heavier moderating is to leave as is with standard forum rules. We are all big boys.... I think.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,141 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Altenator_6 View Post
    If the majority says they want more moderation, then we can moderate it more down the road. Or for that fact, just create it and start a poll in the first post asking who want more moderation? Majority rule as long as they aren't gimmick accounts?

Would the poll be using Dominion to count the votes.....
    When I say a little more moderation I mean more so towards language and trolling then anything.

The debate is encouraging but it always turns into two guys talking shit about each other and it's played out.

Also, the vets I've talked to in this age just want a section where they can talk about health and aas and training.... No other crap.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,095 Posts
    Rep Points

When I say a little more moderation I mean more so towards language and trolling then anything.

The debate is encouraging but it always turns into two guys talking shit about each other and it's played out.

Also, the vets I've talked to in this age just want a section where they can talk about health and aas and training.... No other crap.
    Fair enough and sounds like we meant the same thing. Let's do it.

No MILF thread?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,141 Posts
    Rep Points

Fair enough and sounds like we meant the same thing. Let's do it.

No MILF thread?
    I'll see what I can do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts
    Rep Points

At 62 I would definitly be interested, as a guy that reads the whole forum but mostly only posts in the pit due to lack of solid knowledge to give advice to anyone else, I think it is a great idea.
    Pit posters (like myself) need to be reminded sometimes that they are outside of the pit and the same rules do not apply. I think a self moderated policy going in would be a good start and see where it goes, there are a lot of respected folks here that if they said "hey reddog, this is not the pit" I would understand and curb my posts.

I do notice the folks that do not go into the pit much absolutely hate when our banter spills out into the rest of the forum and rightfully so.
    So low moderation going in with peer pressure when reminders are needed...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,328 Posts
    Rep Points

I'd certainly lurk and post when I thought I might have something to add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rep Points

53 next week. Sounds good to me