ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,404 Posts
    Rep Points

Steroid users are more vulnerable to the coronavirus

Steroid users are more vulnerable to the coronavirus
    Ever since the outbreak of the coronavirus, well-informed anabolic experts have been telling juicers that anabolic compounds might increase their chance of a serious corona infection. According to recent scientific studies, they are probably right.
    Androgenic activity & corona
    Women with the endocrinological disorder PCOS produce more androgens than normal. If these women are infected with the coronavirus, the symptoms appear to be more severe than in women without PCOS. [J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2021 Feb;35(2):e101-e104.]

5-alpha reductase blockers inhibit the conversion of testosterone and molecules similar to it into the androgenic steroid DHT. If you give men with severe covid-19 reductase inhibitors, their symptoms will become less serious. [J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2021 Apr;35(4):e243-e246.] [J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2021 Jan;35(1):e13-e15.]Less androgenic activity in the bodies of men with covid-19 apparently improves their chances. Some researchers suspect this is because androgens activate TMPRSS2. This enzyme makes cells produce more ACE2-receptors that allow the coronavirus to slip in, and also seems to make it easier for the virus to replicate.
    Case study
    Does this also mean that athletes who use anabolic steroids are more likely to have complications or even a fatal coronavirus infection? Yes, Brazilian endocrinologists at the Federal University of Sao Paulo write in BMJ Case Reports.

Oxandrolone & proxalutamide

The Brazilians base themselves on the case of a 28-year-old bodybuilder with a severe covid-19 infection. The case was remarkable, because the man had no risk factors. His parents did, were infected, but the virus was not able to give them serious symptms. Why then the bodybuilder became quite ill? When the endocrinologists examined him, he had been taking 40 milligrams of oxandrolone every day for a month.The doctors got the man to stop his oxandrolone course and also gave him the anti-androgen proxalutamide. Proxalutamide is also an experimental covid-19 drug for men. [Research Square; 2020. doi: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-135303/v1.]

The doctors gave the bodybuilder a single dose of 600 milligrams of proxalutamide. Then the bodybuilder was given 200 milligrams every day for a week.
    Happy end
    As early as 24 hours after administration, the bodybuilding reported that he felt significantly better. At the same time, various markers in his blood had visibly improved in that short time.

Source:
    BMJ Case Rep 2021;14:e241572.
    PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Rep Points

I tested positive twice over the course of a year. Now vaccinated 2nd shot so weíll see. But, it did afford me a combined 4 weeks of couch ass groove conditioning so not a total loss. If I drop dead, donít get the moderna vax.

For a full price list email: OrderSBlabs@protonmail.com

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,053 Posts
    Rep Points

So since this appears DHT related....I wonder if taking saw palmetto would help this too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Rep Points

Im
    not vaccinated and donít wear a mask
    anywhere. If Iíve had already it was undiagnosed and very mild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Rep Points

Interesting. I wouldn't doubt the above to be true with guys taxing out their immune systems with heavy steroid use (weakened organs, etc.)
    But, in general, having normal to high-normal testosterone levels has been shown to be beneficial as it relates to recovering from Covid, at least according to a couple validated studies.

The info below deals with "normal" testosterone levels and not supra-physiological levels. But, the consensus from the below studies indicate that having normal/high normal testosterone levels is actually beneficial regarding Covid recovery.

COVID-19 may deplete testosterone, helping to explain male patients' poorer prognosis

Over half of male patients studied were found to have lower than their normal testosterone levels

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/09/200928125024.htm

Coronavirus: Male patients with low testosterone levels more likely to die, study suggests

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-men-testosterone-deaths-cases-covid-19-a9512501.html

Low testosterone can increase risk of severe COVID-19 in males

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201204/Low-testosterone-can-increase-risk-of-severe-COVID-19-in-males.aspx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by christiantt View Post
    Interesting. I wouldn't doubt the above to be true with guys taxing out their immune systems with heavy steroid use (weakened organs, etc.)
    But, in general, having normal to high-normal testosterone levels has been shown to be beneficial as it relates to recovering from Covid, at least according to a couple validated studies.

The info below deals with "normal" testosterone levels and not supra-physiological levels. But, the consensus from the below studies indicate that having normal/high normal testosterone levels is actually beneficial regarding Covid recovery.

COVID-19 may deplete testosterone, helping to explain male patients' poorer prognosis

Over half of male patients studied were found to have lower than their normal testosterone levels

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0928125024.htm

Coronavirus: Male patients with low testosterone levels more likely to die, study suggests

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9512501.html

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...-in-males.aspx
    Exactly - having normal/elevated levels of Testosterone can actually help with recovery and from what I was reading, to lessen the overall symptoms.

Me personally, I got COVID around February of this year. Very mild symptoms, loss of taste, loss of smell, stuffy, and insane insomnia.

My wife, not so much. She was hospitalized for a day and had severe symptoms along with other infections caused from the virus.
    Cycle: Tren-A 100mg, SUS250 250mg, Mast-E 200mg - Tues/Fri.
    Recommended Sponsors: Jpal | PSL | GF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by christiantt View Post

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/09/200928125024.htm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-men-testosterone-deaths-cases-covid-19-a9512501.html

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201204/Low-testosterone-can-increase-risk-of-severe-COVID-19-in-males.aspx
    I just figured up the dose, that way when the little bitch enters, the gram and a half of test will just run it right back out! Or choke it to death-either one's fine w/ me-Seriously, got the J&J one-shot vac. about 2 months ago, so hopefully made it through unscathed. Really got it more for my daughter than anything else- ready for ALL this shit to be as overwith as it can be! So over the masks etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    So since this appears DHT related....I wonder if taking saw palmetto would help this too?
    U and ur Saw Palmetto- does it get ur dick hard? If so, i'm on the way to get some!-lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    I just figured up the dose, that way when the little bitch enters, the gram and a half of test will just run it right back out! Or choke it to death-either one's fine w/ me-Seriously, got the J&J one-shot vac. about 2 months ago, so hopefully made it through unscathed. Really got it more for my daughter than anything else- ready for ALL this shit to be as overwith as it can be! So over the masks etc.
    The J&J vaccine would be the only one I would entertain getting... If I even were to get one.
    Cycle: Tren-A 100mg, SUS250 250mg, Mast-E 200mg - Tues/Fri.
    Recommended Sponsors: Jpal | PSL | GF

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,053 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
    U and ur Saw Palmetto- does it get ur dick hard? If so, i'm on the way to get some!-lol
    Well it helps the prostate, so in theory...???

Any time I see "5-alpha reductase" and "dht" my mind automatically goes there. Can't help it. Besides, I think I only mentioned it twice. You got stock in finasteride?