Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,101 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Damn, it is! What did that pad run you? And what size is it?
    Depending on your soil you can use a layer of 3/4" gravel. That is what I have for my current jacuzzi.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,947 Posts
    Rep Points

Got the pad for < $1000. 12x12 and rebar. Guy did an excellent job.

Now to the lumberyard!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,060 Posts
    Rep Points

I have literally said "redneck" 100 times while talking with the wife. At first, she was like, "we can just put up a couple of fence panels by it to block the neighbor's 2nd story view." I poo-poo'ed that idea. Big mistake. That has literally cascaded into the point we're at now. Will it look awesome when done? Yeah. Will it cost me 3x what I intended to spend? Yeah.

All those lumber and material cost meme's I've been posting have come back to haunt me. FML. Romex was about $50, now it's like $150. And you know what lumber is. I'm really questioning the cost of potential future wet sex.
    I was just gonna say, you gotta be a millionaire to buy lumber these days lol. Shit is getting out of control. I bet your lumber and other construction supplies are costing more than the hot tub at this point?

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,947 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicChicken View Post
    I was just gonna say, you gotta be a millionaire to buy lumber these days lol. Shit is getting out of control. I bet your lumber and other construction supplies are costing more than the hot tub at this point?
    Only doing a pergola type thing, so it won't be *too* bad. Less than $700 for lumber, plus hardware, and the wife has got some "curtains" for the walls so it can be open when we want. Will probably be < $1000 on it too. Got some LED color change light strips, etc...should be a nice disco when it's done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,060 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cdubw44 View Post
    Ideally you would want to pour 5 footers 2 to 4 down depending on surrounding soils. Then a pad depending on size 10x10 would run you 1000 to 1500 fiber in concrete or stamped and color for 2000 to 2500. Also power do you have space in the panel? How will you adjust your sprinklers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The fucking sprinklers.

That's always a massive pain in the ass that people forget about. I had to move a bunch of mine when I removed part of my back lawn and replaced it with gravel. That was a bitch. Next part is to build the giant gazebo thing. Think I'm just gonna wait until next year though. It's already too damn hot here and I just won't have time until it's 110 outside. That sounds...the opposite of fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,060 Posts
    Rep Points

Only doing a pergola type thing, so it won't be *too* bad. Less than $700 for lumber, plus hardware, and the wife has got some "curtains" for the walls so it can be open when we want. Will probably be < $1000 on it too. Got some LED color change light strips, etc...should be a nice disco when it's done.
    Oh that's not too bad. Still twice as much as it would've been a year ago lol

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,947 Posts
    Rep Points

Fun update...

I been teasing the wife that she should willingly take facials in the hot tub, because water. Right? She's still not a fan.

So last night I needed some help driving a pipe under the sidewalk for electric. I'd hit a root, so it was trying to angle instead of go straight. So I needed it pried over. And I needed her to hold a 2x4 over the end of the pipe so I didn't beat it to death. We're in the middle of monsoon season, so the hole started filling with ground water the second I dug it. You see where this is going. With every swing of the sledge hammer, I'm covering both of us in mud. But mostly her due to the angle. I mean, the mud is flying. It's clear up to the eaves of the house. We get done, and she just stands there dripping head to toe and wiping mud from her face. I let her know she took it like a champ and thought she could handle a tablespoon or two of jizz in the future. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts
    Rep Points

Fun update...

I been teasing the wife that she should willingly take facials in the hot tub, because water. Right? She's still not a fan.

So last night I needed some help driving a pipe under the sidewalk for electric. I'd hit a root, so it was trying to angle instead of go straight. So I needed it pried over. And I needed her to hold a 2x4 over the end of the pipe so I didn't beat it to death. We're in the middle of monsoon season, so the hole started filling with ground water the second I dug it. You see where this is going. With every swing of the sledge hammer, I'm covering both of us in mud. But mostly her due to the angle. I mean, the mud is flying. It's clear up to the eaves of the house. We get done, and she just stands there dripping head to toe and wiping mud from her face. I let her know she took it like a champ and thought she could handle a tablespoon or two of jizz in the future. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.
    Keep working on her, eventually she'll cave...

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,947 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    Keep working on her, eventually she'll cave...
    Hot tub: (Noun) The most expensive sex toy you will ever buy.

Hot tub has officially been christened. She admitted afterwards that when she thought about it, she was technically bathed in cum, so there really wasn't much she could say about being squeamish about things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,303 Posts
    Rep Points

Hot tub: (Noun) The most expensive sex toy you will ever buy.

Hot tub has officially been christened. She admitted afterwards that when she thought about it, she was technically bathed in cum, so there really wasn't much she could say about being squeamish about things.
    Well, let's have a look. The final product, not the cum bathed wife.

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,947 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    Well, let's have a look. The final product, not the cum bathed wife.

Lol...that's where you and I differ. I'd have asked for a pic of the wife. And then the tub.

I'll have to get a pic. I'm not quite finished yet on the overall project. We still plan to hang some "curtains" around the pergola for privacy. The cover of darkness was sufficient for last night. A couple of neighbors could see if they wanted to. There's a two story house behind us that can see over privacy fence and the neighbor right next to us has a perfect shot from their utility room window. That couple is ancient though, so I'm not real concerned if they get a free shot. Worst they would do is gossip to the other neighbors and everyone knows what happens in a hot tub, so big whoop.

As a side note, +1 for color changing LED strip lights. I ran 3 strips around the top of the pergola and those things rock. Literally. They will color sync with music/noise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,303 Posts
    Rep Points

Lol...that's where you and I differ. I'd have asked for a pic of the wife. And then the tub.

I'll have to get a pic. I'm not quite finished yet on the overall project. We still plan to hang some "curtains" around the pergola for privacy. The cover of darkness was sufficient for last night. A couple of neighbors could see if they wanted to. There's a two story house behind us that can see over privacy fence and the neighbor right next to us has a perfect shot from their utility room window. That couple is ancient though, so I'm not real concerned if they get a free shot. Worst they would do is gossip to the other neighbors and everyone knows what happens in a hot tub, so big whoop.

As a side note, +1 for color changing LED strip lights. I ran 3 strips around the top of the pergola and those things rock. Literally. They will color sync with music/noise.
    Lol, sounds really nice, can't wait to see the finished product.
    I know what you mean about the lack of privacy. I have a really small lot and both houses on either side of me are two story and look straight down into my backyard. One neighbor is a total fucking creeper. He has a deck off his master bedroom and its a straight shot down to where my hot tub is located. This creepy fuck is another reason I haven't moved forward