2 25.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,117 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I forgot what life is like for a minute. What I thought was going to be a simple "let's buy a tub and enjoy it" has turned into an over-engineered nightmare. Nope, can't just put it on the back patio. Going to have to pour a new slab. Run electric to it. Build a turkish bath house over it. Plant climbing ivy and shit.

I swear...it's like "let's go to the amusement park." But then it's like "you have to tie this cinder block to your nut sack though." I should be able to enjoy the tub by 2022 though, so I got that to look forward to.

such is life....

you ever heard of redneck engineering? Sometimes... it works out lol

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    such is life....

you ever heard of redneck engineering? Sometimes... it works out lol
    I have literally said "redneck" 100 times while talking with the wife. At first, she was like, "we can just put up a couple of fence panels by it to block the neighbor's 2nd story view." I poo-poo'ed that idea. Big mistake. That has literally cascaded into the point we're at now. Will it look awesome when done? Yeah. Will it cost me 3x what I intended to spend? Yeah.

All those lumber and material cost meme's I've been posting have come back to haunt me. FML. Romex was about $50, now it's like $150. And you know what lumber is. I'm really questioning the cost of potential future wet sex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,270 Posts
    Rep Points

I forgot what life is like for a minute. What I thought was going to be a simple "let's buy a tub and enjoy it" has turned into an over-engineered nightmare. Nope, can't just put it on the back patio. Going to have to pour a new slab. Run electric to it. Build a turkish bath house over it. Plant climbing ivy and shit.

I swear...it's like "let's go to the amusement park." But then it's like "you have to tie this cinder block to your nut sack though." I should be able to enjoy the tub by 2022 though, so I got that to look forward to.
    My backyard is g2g. Just have it delivered to my house. I'll try it out for you, make sure everything is functioning properly, then ship it back to you

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_swolle View Post
    My backyard is g2g. Just have it delivered to my house. I'll try it out for you, make sure everything is functioning properly, then ship it back to you

Damn, it is! What did that pad run you? And what size is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,270 Posts
    Rep Points

Pad is 10'x10' not sure the cost. It was all done we bought the house six years ago. Been procrastinating ever since, lol Not crazy about paying for a crane to lift it over my house. That's why I asked you about the crane.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Pad is 10'x10' not sure the cost. It was all done we bought the house six years ago. Been procrastinating ever since, lol Not crazy about paying for a crane to lift it over my house. That's why I asked you about the crane.

They got dollies and guys named Jose that will do that work instead of the crane. At least, that's what they told me. Have you got zero access on the sides of your house?

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,564 Posts
    Rep Points

just get a couple of bags of quickcrete from home depot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    891 Posts
    Rep Points

They got dollies and guys named Jose that will do that work instead of the crane. At least, that's what they told me. Have you got zero access on the sides of your house?
    Ideally you would want to pour 5 footers 2 to 4’ down depending on surrounding soils. Then a pad depending on size 10’x10’ would run you 1000 to 1500 fiber in concrete or stamped and color for 2000 to 2500. Also power do you have space in the panel? How will you adjust your sprinklers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,270 Posts
    Rep Points

I have access on one side, but it's pretty tight. I suppose if they removed the gate and took down part of the wall, but it's wrought iron and block. That's another expense I wouldn't be willing to take on. The neighbors on my street who have had hot tubs installed have had them craned in, so I'm guessing it was a necessary evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    891 Posts
    Rep Points

I have access on one side, but it's pretty tight. I suppose if they removed the gate and took down part of the wall, but it's wrought iron and block. That's another expense I wouldn't be willing to take on. The neighbors on my street who have had hot tubs installed have had them craned in, so I'm guessing it was a necessary evil.

Go find a crane operator at a new home build site they are normally cheaper.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by cdubw44 View Post
    Ideally you would want to pour 5 footers 2 to 4’ down depending on surrounding soils. Then a pad depending on size 10’x10’ would run you 1000 to 1500 fiber in concrete or stamped and color for 2000 to 2500. Also power do you have space in the panel? How will you adjust your sprinklers?

You really think I'd need footers for a small pad? There's not much dirt where I'm at--maybe 12-18". You can't hardly put a backhoe bucket in the ground without hitting rock on the first bucket. The pad surely wouldn't be taking any more stress than a driveway? I was a kid when I worked concrete, but I remember it vividly...ugh. I thought about trying to save a few buck and doing the forms, etc myself, but I'm almost at "fuck it" right now.

Plenty of room in the panel thank goodness. With the constant moving target for the pad, I'll not only have to have 220 ran to it, but a 110 convenience outlet too, cause now it's a mile away from a plug. It would have been SO much easier on the patio. *sigh*

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Know any welders? They could probably have the fence down and back up pretty quick. Paint it back to color and it would't be *too* noticeable unless you were looking for it. But I get it...you have a wife too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,270 Posts
    Rep Points

Know any welders? They could probably have the fence down and back up pretty quick. Paint it back to color and it would't be *too* noticeable unless you were looking for it. But I get it...you have a wife too.
    Yeah I do I also have a pretty nice association hot tub and a pool. No wet sex allowed tho

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,233 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah I do I also have a pretty nice association hot tub and a pool. No wet sex allowed tho

After people's dirty asses have been in the water, they're gonna have a problem with 1 tbsp of jizz? Weak. You know *somebody* has peed in it too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    891 Posts
    Rep Points

You really think I'd need footers for a small pad? There's not much dirt where I'm at--maybe 12-18". You can't hardly put a backhoe bucket in the ground without hitting rock on the first bucket. The pad surely wouldn't be taking any more stress than a driveway? I was a kid when I worked concrete, but I remember it vividly...ugh. I thought about trying to save a few buck and doing the forms, etc myself, but I'm almost at "fuck it" right now.

Plenty of room in the panel thank goodness. With the constant moving target for the pad, I'll not only have to have 220 ran to it, but a 110 convenience outlet too, cause now it's a mile away from a plug. It would have been SO much easier on the patio. *sigh*
    I’m on bentonite soil out where I live you maybe just fine with just a pad