Combating Anavars effects on cholesterol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Rep Points

Cardarine during cycle has been listed by many as an effective supplemental to help moderate the effect orals have on lipids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Rep Points

Nolvadex on cycle raises HDL and lowers LDL. Not the cure but it helps. TUDCA if your alcohol free helps too.
    You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Rep Points

Red yeast rice, citrus bergamot, 3-4 grams fish oil per day... does wonders.

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,032 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage2789 View Post
    Thank you guys so much for replies

My current markers are

Total cholesterol 208 fasted

HDL 46
    LDL 132
    Tris 151

Iím 31

Thank you for clarifying the point of itís fighting a war against the inevitable while on cycle. Thatís where most of my confusion was because Iíve read a fair amount about recovery protocols but very little if any about on cycle support or if itís terribly worth it

I donít drink alcohol and my diet since the new year is essentially the Mediterranean diet with a bit more red meat and I supplement Berberine niacin ubiqinol and garlic for cardio health. Cit Bergamot has been on my radar but Iím waiting to do my quarterly supplement haul to add it on.

I asked about GW because Iíve heard it can help HDL numbers and I know Anavar kills HDL.

I appreciate all the assistance from you guys itís been more than helpful on this mission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Those numbers are not bad at all. I would kill to have numbers like that when cruising.

Team supervisor P.S.L.
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,839 Posts
    Rep Points

High doses of Anavar is NOT liver toxic -

A randomized, controlled trial of treatment of alcoholic hepatitis with parenteral nutrition and oxandrolone. I. Short-term effects on liver function.

Bonkovsky HL1, Fiellin DA, Smith GS, Slaker DP, Simon D, Galambos JT.
    Author information
    Abstract
    The present studies were designed to provide careful measures of effects of oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, intravenous nutritional supplementation, and the combination of these two treatments on liver functions, metabolic balances, nitrogen metabolism, and nutritional status in patients with moderate to severe alcoholic hepatitis. Of 43 patients originally recruited, 39 (19 men, 20 women) with typical clinical and laboratory features of alcoholic hepatitis (11 Child's-Pugh class B; 28 class C) were admitted to a metabolic unit and completed a 35-day three-phase protocol. Phase I was a 10-day baseline period of observation, during which routine and special quantitative tests of liver function (galactose and antipyrine metabolism), a 7-day elemental balance study, and a 15N, 13C-leucine metabolism study were done. Phase II was a 21-day treatment period during which patients were randomly assigned to receive one of four regimens: 1) standard therapy, consisting of abstinence, a balanced, nutritionally adequate diet, and multivitamins; 2) oxandrolone (20 mg orally four times a day) plus standard therapy; 3) nutritional supplementation, consisting of 2 L daily of 3.5% crystalline amino acids (in 5% dextrose), given by peripheral vein; or 4) a combination of oxandrolone and nutritional supplementation, along with standard therapy. Metabolic balances were repeated during phase II.

Phase III was 2 or 3 days post-treatment, during which special studies of liver functions and volumes and leucine metabolism were repeated. All patients who completed phase I of study and were randomly allocated to one of the four treatment groups completed the subsequent two phases. Overall, with time, patients showed highly significant improvements in most clinical and laboratory features. For most standard laboratory tests (e.g., serum albumin, transferrin, prothrombin time) improvements were more marked in patients treated with nutritional supplementation and/or oxandrolone than in those given standard therapy alone.

Liver volumes fell in all treatment groups, with greater improvement in those treated with nutritional supplementation. Improvements in galactose and antipyrine metabolism rates were significant only in those treated with nutritional supplementation or oxandrolone. Effects of treatments on metabolic balances, nitrogen metabolism, and measures of nutrition are described in this issue in a companion paper. We conclude that the addition of nutritional supplementation and oxandrolone to standard therapy of moderately severe or severe alcoholic hepatitis is well tolerated, and leads to more rapid improvement in the laboratory parameters measured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points

taking lots of fish oil specifically with high amounts of epa

also diet... eggs and foods high in saturated fat can effect some peoples cholestrol, eat lots of fiber or take a fiber supp it helps to lower LDL levels

citrus bergamot 1000mg a day helps manage HDL and LDL levels as well