Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,065 Posts
    Rep Points

Best Ways to Discontinue Alcohol use...

Question. This is def not an expertise of mine. I'm wanting to help some of my clients eliminate Alcohol from their daily intake.

I have no experience in Alcohol or Drug counseling, or for that matter being in AA or counseled myself, so it's something I think I would like to learn some tips from

I am sure someone or several people here have struggled with this. What are some tips or techniques you guys have found useful to eliminate alcohol from your daily intake? I don't want these guys just to cut back, I'd prefer them to come off completely.

I know from experience,I have had so many clients over the years who drink moderately or excessively and I can tell you that even the moderate drinkers, there conditioning and results in the weight room are never ever close to someone who refrains from drinking.

I realize this may be easier said then done, but let's hear what worked for you. Are there products you have used to come off?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,067 Posts
    Rep Points

Keep yourself busy.

avoid triggers.

attend AA.

Forge a relationship with God.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    888 Posts
    Rep Points

I drank for 40 years (age 13 to age 53). The last 20, quite heavily. In my case, I just couldn't keep going with it, it obviously became a 5-6 day a week problem.
    Tried cold turkey, ended up in ambulance ride to hospital (heart rate took off - dangerous levels) spent the night.
    After that, did a one-week taper to be able to still function.

After that it was quite easy because I knew I had to, and even better I WANTED to. I dont know of any helpful supps, but they do have Rx stuff for the problem drinker.
    IMO the person just needs to want to quit. I didnt listen to anyone until I myself wanted to do it. In any case, I wish them luck...

I have zero cravings, and the thought of a drink actually sickens me. Went to AA for a bit, but tired of the folks whining about how they have a disease and they are powerless.
    Might work for them, but not for me. Its not a disease, ad Im not powerless against something I put into my mouth. Asinine... It works for them though so thats great.
    I just wanted no part of that thought process. Im powerless over nothing...
    ~
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer." - Arnold
    [[[[------------------]]]]

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

How old is he? Tell him to grow the fuck up. I drank like a fish until almost my mid 30s and realized it was holding me back.
    Bottom line the guy needs to understand just like any bad addiction if he wants to be successful, he has to drop it.
    I don't miss drinking one bit. I used to drink 6 out of 7 days. Now, I might have 2 or 3 drinks total in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    Question. This is def not an expertise of mine. I'm wanting to help some of my clients eliminate Alcohol from their daily intake.

I have no experience in Alcohol or Drug counseling, or for that matter being in AA or counseled myself, so it's something I think I would like to learn some tips from

I am sure someone or several people here have struggled with this. What are some tips or techniques you guys have found useful to eliminate alcohol from your daily intake? I don't want these guys just to cut back, I'd prefer them to come off completely.

I know from experience,I have had so many clients over the years who drink moderately or excessively and I can tell you that even the moderate drinkers, there conditioning and results in the weight room are never ever close to someone who refrains from drinking.

I realize this may be easier said then done, but let's hear what worked for you. Are there products you have used to come off?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Rep Points

The only real way to quit is he's gonna have to quit on his on. I've been down this path with my friends and love ones. We tried alot of things from AA , intervention, therapy and etc. In the end it all comes down to them. Saying goes " you can lead a horse to the water but it's up to them to drink it".

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,695 Posts
    Rep Points

I am assuming we are talking about someone who "can't" stop bc of addiction? Or is it someone who just enjoys socially drinking....a lot. But isn't addicted.

I can't speak to addiction. Truth be told, I knew as a young man addiction ran in my family and so I was mindful of that and careful. Doesn't mean you can't fall into it anyway, but I abstained from a lot of drugs, even pot, for this reason.

Socially, I like to drink. I live on the water. And on a nice day, it's great to sit back and look at the water with a cocktail. But it's bad for trying to get into shape.

So I allow myself a cheat day. This keeps me dedicated more of the time. I think anyone who isn't addicted, doesn't see alcohol as a terrible vice.

I guess having a cheat day holds me back a little, but one has to live life with a balance. Unless you can't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Rep Points

Canít wait till someone makes one of these threads for how to stop fapping

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    243 Posts
    Rep Points

First, I would advise to find some hobby, that will keep them interested and hot.
    secondly, psychologists recommend driving a car as often as possible, this will inevitably exclude drinking from the daily routine. Plus, drinking is usually associated with the emotional eating!
    I hope it will help!

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Rep Points

Yeah this is a tough one bro... ultimately itís up to the person if they want to stop or not. Itís pretty much that simple. You cannot help or make someone do something they are not willing to do. You can give them all the tools and all the help in the world but if they truly are not ready to give it up ( alcohol,drugs,etc) then itís a losing battle.

So IMO the first step should be sit down with the person look them straight in the eye and ask them Are You Ready To Quit? If the answer is a resounding Yes then you go from there......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,134 Posts
    Rep Points

Like others have said, it's all on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    599 Posts
    Rep Points

Hit my family hard. The best success Iíve seen yet in those affected was good old modern medicine. Campral- kill cravings and naltrexone, it makes alcohol not enjoyable. I guess you still get drunk but they arenít having fun as the chemicals in the brain are blocked. Seemed like when they donít crave so bad and itís not fun, they tapper off quickly.

For a full price list email: OrderSBlabs@protonmail.com

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,871 Posts
    Rep Points

I agree 100% with what has already been posted. You have to *want* to quit. Having said that, I don't know how easy it would have been for me awhile back if I hadn't used kratom. It doesn't give a "woohoo, party" feeling. But it does take the edge off. For lack of a better way to describe it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    213 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I agree 100% with what has already been posted. You have to *want* to quit. Having said that, I don't know how easy it would have been for me awhile back if I hadn't used kratom. It doesn't give a "woohoo, party" feeling. But it does take the edge off. For lack of a better way to describe it.
    I too have used Kratom and it does help a lot!! With a whole bunch of different things. That is definitely a good start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,067 Posts
    Rep Points

Question; what is fapping? I have seen this word a few times now and this in context it sound like masterbation, beating the meat, spanking the monkey, jerkiní the gerkiní, tossing the wad, choking the geor..... err I mean, chicken.... how many God forsaken terms do we need to describe (flicking the bean, clicking the mouse.... donít know as many feminine terms for this act) .... getting the baby batter outta the way?

second question; I used to socially drink.... then people started freaking out about being around each other and I realized I was way cooler to hang out with then they were and now I socially drink with myself.... is this a problem? Lol

Kidding... alcohol is a low hanging fruit. Easy to divert your energy into it..... like rot iron said.... you gotta want it.....

what Iíve learned is ... the more your wife bitches about it, the less youíll want to change. Weíre all kids at heart.... but....also.... donít put so much pressure on yourself.

just live life.... you only got one.... and everyone dies.

if you donít want to be a beer gut dad bod driving to 7-11 on a lawn tractor ... then stop drinking everyday... reserve those drinks for when you get together with your alcoholic buddies.... and only hang out with those nut jobs like maybe 4 times a year (once a season)... but when you do hang out.... make it count. Go big or go home!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Rep Points

Good point in the last paragraph. I don't make it count as much as I would like to still though as I fear the consequence of the next day/days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Question; what is fapping? I have seen this word a few times now and this in context it sound like masterbation, beating the meat, spanking the monkey, jerkiní the gerkiní, tossing the wad, choking the geor..... err I mean, chicken.... how many God forsaken terms do we need to describe (flicking the bean, clicking the mouse.... donít know as many feminine terms for this act) .... getting the baby batter outta the way?

second question; I used to socially drink.... then people started freaking out about being around each other and I realized I was way cooler to hang out with then they were and now I socially drink with myself.... is this a problem? Lol

Kidding... alcohol is a low hanging fruit. Easy to divert your energy into it..... like rot iron said.... you gotta want it.....

what Iíve learned is ... the more your wife bitches about it, the less youíll want to change. Weíre all kids at heart.... but....also.... donít put so much pressure on yourself.

just live life.... you only got one.... and everyone dies.

if you donít want to be a beer gut dad bod driving to 7-11 on a lawn tractor ... then stop drinking everyday... reserve those drinks for when you get together with your alcoholic buddies.... and only hang out with those nut jobs like maybe 4 times a year (once a season)... but when you do hang out.... make it count. Go big or go home!!!