Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motivation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drugsgear View Post
    Sorry to hear that, mate. What do the doctors say? I hope you get well soon and can return to training.
    Waiting on appointments right now. My insurance sucks and those who accept it are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by subway22 View Post
    I have two herniated discs and have been in so much pain that I couldn't do my desk job. Now I don't know what your issue is, but check out Dr. Stuart Mcgill. He completely changed my approach to dealing with my back. Before I was getting adjustments and stretching constantly and just aggravating it further. Since I have focused on building core strength and just playing it smart and my back doesn't bother me much at all. I'm actually deadlifting the heaviest I've ever done (sumo, conventional is just too much stress).
    Thanks for the tip. I just looked him up on youtube. I'll watch some of his vids and see what he has to offer.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by subway22 View Post
    Covid fucked my lifting up. Gyms closed here. I tried to do the best with the kettlebells I had, but quickly lost motivation. Even once gyms opened again, I was in this sedentary depressed slump and didn't want to get back. I probably didn't do much besides walking for 5-6 months.

Finally, I just had enough of feeling like crap. I got on a cruise dose, bought some new preworkouts, made some good playlists and just went. It took about a couple weeks to get back in the groove, but I've hit it consistently 5 days a week since then.

I feel much better, strength is back to what it was precovid and fat is coming down. I think doing small things that enhance your workouts help. Snag some new supplements, get some new gym clothes, headphones, new music, even a new training environment.
    You can set a great example for all those who have lost their motivation and willpower during this pandemic, stay strong, bro.

We provide DOMESTIC shipping within USA
    Drugsgear.com
    contact me Dgear@protonmail.com

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_99 View Post
    Waiting on appointments right now. My insurance sucks and those who accept it are limited.

Thanks for the tip. I just looked him up on youtube. I'll watch some of his vids and see what he has to offer.
    I hope you will get an opening soon, and the doctor will help you!

Drugsgear.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9,252 Posts
    Rep Points

Having your own gym is cool. You do not depend on the circumstances (like covid), you do not need to share with anyone

You don't have to go far and shower after your workout at home. Buzz
    I like that! You just reminded me of all the positives about training at home!

It is very private and quiet or loud ; whatever I want . Plus I can time stuff easily being that I am not driving in 100 deg heat to the gym. Traffic is getting so bad that I can be stuck for 15 min on my own street! Sucks . I am excited to make it even more functional. I just get surprised every time I go to purchase something. They jacked everything up. Makes me want to get a Tonal and rip it outta the wall! Lol .kidding....kinda

Max

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,937 Posts
    Rep Points

Injuries usually kill my spirit.

I like looking good naked but sometimes I convince myself that this lifestyle is really just a waste of time if Iím not using to make money and I get side tracked with other things like music, gardening, motorcycles, building shit, hiking, fishing, kayaking, trail riding, working overtime, the wifeís to do list, doing the whole raising kids thing....

but I still like catching double takes from chics when Iím out and about... and when I mow the yard with my shirt off I want the sexy neighbor bitch to fantasize about me...

so I always come back to it....

soon as my shoulder problem heals up Iím gonna blast off for the first time in well over a year and get my shit together....

thatís what I keep telling myself anyways... just so much to do now that shitty weather (might finally be) over.

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    Injuries usually kill my spirit.

I like looking good naked but sometimes I convince myself that this lifestyle is really just a waste of time if Iím not using to make money and I get side tracked with other things like music, gardening, motorcycles, building shit, hiking, fishing, kayaking, trail riding, working overtime, the wifeís to do list, doing the whole raising kids thing....

but I still like catching double takes from chics when Iím out and about... and when I mow the yard with my shirt off I want the sexy neighbor bitch to fantasize about me...

so I always come back to it....

soon as my shoulder problem heals up Iím gonna blast off for the first time in well over a year and get my shit together....

thatís what I keep telling myself anyways... just so much to do now that shitty weather (might finally be) over.
    Maybe you should train less? Spend less time in a gym, so you don't feel burnt out.

Drugsgear.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,937 Posts
    Rep Points

Maybe you should train less? Spend less time in a gym, so you don't feel burnt out.
    I need to get back in the groove bro. My shoulder was feeling better after a week off but as I prepared this morning to lift before work my shoulder pain came back strong as ever.

itís disheartening to say the least.... the gym is my therapy, and lord knows I need my therapy.

ugh..... I guess itís time to starve and get some intense cardio in daily!!!

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milford King View Post
    I need to get back in the groove bro. My shoulder was feeling better after a week off but as I prepared this morning to lift before work my shoulder pain came back strong as ever.

itís disheartening to say the least.... the gym is my therapy, and lord knows I need my therapy.

ugh..... I guess itís time to starve and get some intense cardio in daily!!!
    Then I misunderstood you bro. Of course, if you can't lift weights right now, doing cardio to keep fit is a good idea.

Drugsgear.com