• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Doge coin Elon Musk

A bit confused on what you think that is saying? The guy that copy/pasted the bitcoin code (exactly what he did) isn't involved anymore? If you know about the origins then you know that and that he stepped aside when he did and isn't involved and hasn't been for many years.

The important part of the article I copy/pasted because if you are using a vpn or tor you can't get past the paywall to actually read it.

"Lindy Effect

But for all the silliness surrounding Dogecoin’s rise -- owners of the coin banded together to sponsor a Nascar entrant back in 2014 -- and the head-scratching attempts to explain it, one rationale stands out: The Lindy effect, a phenomenon popularized in the works of Nassim Nicholas Taleb

The Lindy effect is a rule of thumb that says the remaining lifespan for a non-perishable item, like say how long a book will remain in print, is equal to how long it has been in existence. The idea boils down to this: the older something is, the more likely it is to continue to survive the tests of time.
Dogecoin was created in 2013, making it downright elderly in crypto-terms. According to the Lindy effect, its more than seven years of survival, with much of that coming through the so-called crypto-winter when prices plunged in 2018, is a sign of resilience and evidence that it’s more than just a fad.

Mania or not, Markus is happy with the good that has come from the Dogecoin community. In addition to the Nascar sponsorship, individual owners raised funds for the Jamaican bobsled team to attend the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, and helped reimburse those who lost money in a 2013 Christmas day wallet hack.
“If this is my contribution to the world, it’d be nice to offset all the burning of fossil fuel used to mine the currency,” he said about Dogecoin enthusiasts’ philanthropic efforts.

As for his own personal finances, Markus stays clear of get rich quick schemes, opting for a far more vanilla strategy."

Now back to my comments...

It's not about getting rich quickly although for some it could happen.

It's as valid of a crypto as any other and considering that the value does have limitations unless they curtail the ability mine or set a limit on coins in the market then it will remain lower in cost and is one of the most likely to be used as an actual currency. I think that has to do with the momentum and cult like following it's gained since it came out. We'll see how that plays out.

Who is trying to use bitcoin really? Even in the future? That would be like trying to use minuscule amounts of gold or platinum to buy anything whereas something like this that is likely never going above $10 would make more sense. $10 would be shocking and anything above that would be absurd.

I really believe things like xrp (ripple) would be of better use as a currency due to the extremely low fees and instantaneous transactions. It's value is also closer to the dollar at $1.23 to $1 and isn't likely to change a lot going forward. It's been around since 2012.
They have partnerships with bank of america, american express, moneygram and 20 or so others that I can't name off the top of my head.

As stated in one of my first posts doge is more of a fun thing and like gme a potential chance to give the finger to the mega rich. If I make money then awesome but if not it's no big deal as I never really expected to make or lose much out of it. Giving them the finger and giving the people back the power and the wealth they have stolen from us the point even if it ends up just being a statement.

GME is also much much more than what most think it is as they move into the digital marketplace. They have a deal with Microsoft and with the new head of the board being who he is the company is likely to explode moving forward.

If they get 10% of the global gaming market (low estimate especially with the deal with microsoft) which is estimated to be roughly 295 billion by 2026 then they roughly triple their market cap which is currently just under 11 billion. They also just announced they are going to pay all their debt off ($216 million) in the next few months. Believe it begins at the end of April.

So basically a debt free company with huge plans moving forward seems like a good investment to me.

I am enjoying this conversation so would appreciate any input or opinion you have. I think a lot of what you have said is valid but I have a different view of where the world is moving in this aspect.

Again, don't invest if you can't afford to lose it.

Musk is doing the same things that Mr. John McAffee do some years ago, manipulate the market, Musk sure buy doge wen was 1 cent, and now he make a 30x income, if he only put for joke 10 million $ in Doge, now he earn in is pocket 300 million only sharing post with his social account , the question can be who will be the next influencer that will try to manipulate the market ?

Back