Was I wrong for getting mad? Part Two

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    266 Posts
    Rep Points

Was I wrong for getting mad? Part Two

Family coming over for Easter and my wife and me must go to two grocery stores to get specific items for her recipes. In front of Kroger, a woman is shopping from her car blocking traffic stopping and looking from her car at the plants. I am right behind her and other cars are honking that are behind me and she doesn't respond. The parking lot is packed and I am behind her. Finally, I honk at her but it is a quick short honk and she looks at me and turns into the lot and parks. Well, this woman must have watched me park, I am driving my BMW 650 and don't even notice her. Inside Kroger, she approaches us and starts saying something to me. Since I am with my wife, I just say mind your own business and we keep walking. She then tells me to enjoy my white privilege? I grew up Appalachian poor and am self made. I replied to her, "I am glad you noticed my privilege and that you know your position you fucking bitch" and walked away.

The wife, well, I am in the dog house. She is passive and feels the best way is to always walk away and anything else is wasted energy. She was embarrassed and said, "great, in our own community, your a real adult". I told her that I can't allow people like that get away with saying shit like that and get a free pass. I am so tired of hearing that privilege shit and that that type of thought continues to grow because nobody talks those people down. I sympathize for others for our history, but I don't see any plantations in our country anymore and my family didn't have one. People these days are in their situation because of their choices, not because of the choices made to their ancestors a 100 years ago.

To me, it is worth the dog house. Am I wrong?

LowT

Amatuer Gynecologist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points

You didn't overreact LowT I would have told that uppity bitch to go fuck herself.
    Sent from an outer space sea lab....

Carpet-Chewer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,701 Posts
    Rep Points

She sought you out to have a confrontation. Well she got one...

You wife should always have your back. Right or wrong.

I question that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    280 Posts
    Rep Points

No you werent wrong.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,942 Posts
    Rep Points

Geez, you guys are married to some delicate gentle women. I feel like I'm the one talking the wife down 90% of the time.

It's funny this chick accused you of being privileged, when that's exactly how she was acting by holding up traffic.

Women (wives specifically) can and will get happy in the same pants they got mad in. I've seen it.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,564 Posts
    Rep Points

negged for not telling her white is right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,201 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    negged for not telling her white is right
    Before he was woke.

IM>ASF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,564 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime916 View Post
    Before he was woke.
    so he thinks the whire man held him back too because they is racists, lolz, what a tool

They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    513 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LowTman View Post
    Family coming over for Easter and my wife and me must go to two grocery stores to get specific items for her recipes. In front of Kroger, a woman is shopping from her car blocking traffic stopping and looking from her car at the plants. I am right behind her and other cars are honking that are behind me and she doesn't respond. The parking lot is packed and I am behind her. Finally, I honk at her but it is a quick short honk and she looks at me and turns into the lot and parks. Well, this woman must have watched me park, I am driving my BMW 650 and don't even notice her. Inside Kroger, she approaches us and starts saying something to me. Since I am with my wife, I just say mind your own business and we keep walking. She then tells me to enjoy my white privilege? I grew up Appalachian poor and am self made. I replied to her, "I am glad you noticed my privilege and that you know your position you fucking bitch" and walked away.

The wife, well, I am in the dog house. She is passive and feels the best way is to always walk away and anything else is wasted energy. She was embarrassed and said, "great, in our own community, your a real adult". I told her that I can't allow people like that get away with saying shit like that and get a free pass. I am so tired of hearing that privilege shit and that that type of thought continues to grow because nobody talks those people down. I sympathize for others for our history, but I don't see any plantations in our country anymore and my family didn't have one. People these days are in their situation because of their choices, not because of the choices made to their ancestors a 100 years ago.

To me, it is worth the dog house. Am I wrong?

LowT
    I dont think Id have the balls to say that but I think its fuckin awesome that you did.

Bravo my man, bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts
    Rep Points

This attitude of "I had to teach him/her a lesson" or "I can't just let that disrespect slide" never leads to anything good in my experience. I'm just another moron at the end of the day, so don't take offense to anything I say, but I'd say in this situation, you let your emotions override your intellect which is the opposite of how a man should operate. I have an old spiritual adviser of sorts and every time I get on the phone with him nowadays the first thing he asks me is "teach any lessons out there lately?" in a very sarcastic way. He is one of the people that taught me the futility of having to respond to every little disrespectful thing people say or do. We aren't in prison and we don't get any kind of status for standing up for ourselves in that way out here in the world. I try my best to just laugh shit like that off but Im not batting a thousand I can tell you that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    This attitude of "I had to teach him/her a lesson" or "I can't just let that disrespect slide" never leads to anything good in my experience. I'm just another moron at the end of the day, so don't take offense to anything I say, but I'd say in this situation, you let your emotions override your intellect which is the opposite of how a man should operate. I have an old spiritual adviser of sorts and every time I get on the phone with him nowadays the first thing he asks me is "teach any lessons out there lately?" in a very sarcastic way. He is one of the people that taught me the futility of having to respond to every little disrespectful thing people say or do. We aren't in prison and we don't get any kind of status for standing up for ourselves in that way out here in the world. I try my best to just laugh shit like that off but Im not batting a thousand I can tell you that.
    This is how I was brought up, and how men really should treat each other. Reminds me of one of my favorite Proverbs at Proverbs 15 verse 1 about a mild answer turning away rage and anger.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.
    ― Frederick Douglass

Gym Derelict

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,070 Posts
    Rep Points

How horrible it would be for you to cower to a bully and an inconsiderate bitch!

As men we are not rabbits that run from everything but stand up for what's right. You did not insult her you told her the truth.

And for that you are in the doghouse?

Fuck your community if that is the way they think of you for having an opinion, fucking pussies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,262 Posts
    Rep Points

I'll be dammed if I let some Karen come at me sideways, especially after I tried to difuse the situation by walking away. Maybe now she'll think twice about walking up on someone else

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me~Wesley Swolle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    234 Posts
    Rep Points

Hold on...was she even black?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,050 Posts
    Rep Points

Hmmmm. Well if it was a dude Id of been all over him like a hot summer sweat but since it was a chic that disrespected you you only had two choices IMO. You could have killed her with kindness or just outwitted her with verbal insults. Sounds like you outwitted her with the verbal fuck you so IMO you did great. As far as all this kill her with kindness crap goes I get it but IMO it serves no purpose with assholes. I can see taking the high road with a child, a mentally challenged adult, elderly, or even someone that may not understand the situation but assholes just suck and need put in their place period.

Whatever you do! Do NOT apologize. I did and it got me no where. Im still the asshole at home and I feel like a Tool for apologizing. Loose/loose imo.

Perfectly played Sir.