Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They/Them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Just dropping this tidbit here... I guess this makes sense on some level since valhalla and jannah are two different places?

NEW - Denmark will limit the number of residents with "non-Western origin" in neighborhoods to a maximum of 30 percent within 10 years in order to "reduce the risk of religious and cultural parallel societies," the government announced today.

Fifteen Danish neighborhoods currently fall into this category, and 25 others are considered 'at risk'.
    Itís actually amazing to hear these stories coming out of European countries. France has been waging battles against ďpolitical IslamĒ and American woke culture. Sure, most of it is to score political points but thatís what is fascinating about it.

My entire life Europe has always been associated with leftist politics and Iíve always considered them to be more liberal then us but in the last few years Iíve been seeing more and more conservative/traditional political positions taken by politicians there.

I think thatís because what was once considered ďliberalismĒ is now being considered conservatism. Things like free speech and religious freedom are threatened by mass Islamic immigration and woke culture and Iím impressed with some European efforts to deal with these problems at the root.

Hopefully itís a sign of things to come in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,073 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CastorTroy01 View Post
    Itís actually amazing to hear these stories coming out of European countries. France has been waging battles against ďpolitical IslamĒ and American woke culture. Sure, most of it is to score political points but thatís what is fascinating about it.

My entire life Europe has always been associated with leftist politics and Iíve always considered them to be more liberal then us but in the last few years Iíve been seeing more and more conservative/traditional political positions taken by politicians there.

I think thatís because what was once considered ďliberalismĒ is now being considered conservatism. Things like free speech and religious freedom are threatened by mass Islamic immigration and woke culture and Iím impressed with some European efforts to deal with these problems at the root.

Hopefully itís a sign of things to come in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can only be raped and murdered so many times before you start to wake up and fight back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Rep Points

The problem here is this never ends, it's infinite, just depends on how far you want to take it, for instance: how about short people? Tall people? Ugly people? Midgets, fat people, skinny people, what if your a fat ugly midget? Then what? This is how ridiculous all of this crap is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by gear church View Post
    It's only now that we have more information thrown in our faces and a media that needs to get you enraged in order to click the freaking article so they can continue to make money and exist.
    This is such a HUGE underlying issue. Social media algorithms favor putting news stories that can cause outrage and polarizing political takes since this is what gives them the most clicks/attention. Further feeding into the increasing polarization of this country and misinformation. I believe there's a documentary that explores this subject called "The social dilemma" on Netflix.

"The Social Dilemma is an American docudrama film directed by Jeff Orlowski and written by Orlowski, Davis Coombe, and Vickie Curtis. It goes into depth on how social media's design is meant to nurture an addiction, manipulate its use in politics, and spread conspiracy theories such as Pizzagate and aiding groups such as flat-earthers. The film also examines the serious issue of social media's effect on mental health (including the mental health of adolescents and rising teen suicide rates).
    The film features interviews with many former employees, executives, and other professionals from top tech companies and social media platforms such as Facebook, Google, and Apple. These interviewees provide their first-hand experiences of working in and around the tech industry. They state that social media platforms and big tech companies have been instrumental in providing positive change for society; they also note that such platforms have also caused problematic social, political, and cultural consequences. These interviews are presented alongside scripted dramatizations of a teenagerís social media addiction and a primer on how a social media algorithm powered by artificial intelligence may work."