• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

2A Thread (and all things gun related)

Get Shredded!
anyone here have experience with milling an 80% lower? I was researching the procedure and it seems simple enough but not sure how easy it will be with a 10amp hand drill. I have only seen them drilled out with a bench Drill and I dont have one and cant legally borrow one for the project.

Bottom line is I don't want to break the laws of my state and they are very clear about using other peoples tools to do this. You cant get any help you cant borrow any tools you cant pay some one to drill out for you(FFL or not) it all has to be done by the owner of the gun.
Pretty sure they sell a jig for a hand drill but I would buy a drill press so everything is square.

yeah I was going to use a Jig that you basically bolt around the lower. It looks pretty fool proof but I havent really done this kind of thing before and I was hoping some one on here might have completed one with a hand drill. I just havent seen it done but i also dont really want to spend a grand on a drill press if I can avoid it.

yeah I was going to use a Jig that you basically bolt around the lower. It looks pretty fool proof but I havent really done this kind of thing before and I was hoping some one on here might have completed one with a hand drill. I just havent seen it done but i also dont really want to spend a grand on a drill press if I can avoid it.
Return the drill press when done or sell it? Haha

If its a plastic receiver it will be much easier but if its metal, it might be more difficult.

Some really good vids on YouTube also.

Found a jig that primarily uses a router.. that seems to be easy enough. I will likely go that route.

Seems like I remember seeing a link to someone who did one with a dremel. I just don't have that kind of patience (or steady hands any more).

Seems like I remember seeing a link to someone who did one with a dremel. I just don't have that kind of patience (or steady hands any more).

Yeah I couldnt do it with that.

IML Gear Cream!
I'm in the process of liquidation of alot of stuff I have to build 100+ ar15s right now. I've got 20 done so far 80+ to go, hopefully be finished next mth with all the parts coming in. I'm doing all the receivers in my name then when I go to resell they'll be a background check/ffl transfer needed to purchase from me. Most don't complain when the rifles are $1500+ for entry level when the scare is heavy a few times a year.

Any one ever 3D print a handgun?

BREAKING: San Jose, California city council votes to require gun owners to purchase liability insurance and pay an annual fee on their weapons - KNTV

I'm in the process of liquidation of alot of stuff I have to build 100+ ar15s right now. I've got 20 done so far 80+ to go, hopefully be finished next mth with all the parts coming in. I'm doing all the receivers in my name then when I go to resell they'll be a background check/ffl transfer needed to purchase from me. Most don't complain when the rifles are $1500+ for entry level when the scare is heavy a few times a year.

Seems prices are coming down.

BREAKING: San Jose, California city council votes to require gun owners to purchase liability insurance and pay an annual fee on their weapons - KNTV
I always carry insurance anyway. Can you imagine being involved in a righteous shoot and then getting sued into oblivion?

"So it's not a registry, just a giant database of firearm owners we can access to target anyone we deem a criminal, or in case we pass a national Firearm confiscation act and we'll know where to find them all. But it's definitely not a registry of gun owners, which would be illegal."

https://www.rt.com/news/547932-biden-gun-sales-database/

Back