• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Wtf. Tore my Tricep off today...

Get Shredded!
8 months later update

Tricep is super high functioning. Size wise I am almost back to full size, but not 100%

Strength has come back fast.

I close grip 225 on incline for 10-20 with ease. Not the 315 I used to do for reps, but I also have not tried going any heavier nor will I

This was was easier to heal then say my quad tear or other muscles

I am very thankful for that.

8 months later update

Tricep is super high functioning. Size wise I am almost back to full size, but not 100%

I close grip 225 on incline for 10-20 with ease. Not the 315 I used to do for reps, but I also have not tried going any heavier nor will I

That’s great to hear and hopefully you will get it all back 100%!

Pics?

U do incline close grip for mostly the triceps or chest? Or both??

First that’s great news bro. Super happy for you. I’m too lazy to look but I believe you mentioned using BP 157 and GH to aid in the healing. How much of a role if any do you contribute to those two things in relation to the speed and quality of the healing?

8 months later update

Gonna need surgery...

It was at a Trampoline Park. A 4-5 year old girl had climbed up to the top of the mats and got her leg stuck in the netting. She was screaming, hanging by a leg about 10ft up, and several kids and 2 mom's frantically tried to get her down and fell on their faces. I shimmied up the padding in socks. Crawled on the netting to her... Bear hugged little girl...when I pulled to release her I fell backwards 6-10ft landing on my arm w all my bodyweight. It tore off instantly. Little girl was ok, she slid down unharmed once I freed her.

I'm definitely in pain.

Surgeons closed til Monday. I have a great Ortho if his office still takes my Insurance.
Damn sorry to hear that bro wish you a quick recovery

Damn sorry to hear that bro wish you a quick recovery

Hey Jared that was 8 months ago
I simply updated the thread. I had surgery 7 months ago and am good to go now!!!

First that’s great news bro. Super happy for you. I’m too lazy to look but I believe you mentioned using BP 157 and GH to aid in the healing. How much of a role if any do you contribute to those two things in relation to the speed and quality of the healing?

Whats up GP , always nice to see you

Well I healed my tricep and skin healed in about 60% of the required time. And then my PT was a cinch and recovery.

I believe that 100% it was very very effective and made my life alot easier. I spent a few bucks on the items, hgh I have script, bpc and tb were a bit $$$

But I do not regret it in any way.

My surgeon who has done 3 tears with me now, loves me and just smiles when he sees how fast i have healed. Gives me a fist bump and doesn't ask a single question. He's also a lifter and he's def not stupid, not at all. He knows I used a few tricks. but he doesn't care.

Super cool Ortho and Im thankful to have him.

Great news Wes! Was wondering about your progress the other day, good to hear.

Great news Wes! Was wondering about your progress the other day, good to hear.

Thank you sir, Ill snap a photo for everyone to see how well the scar is healing from the peptides!

Always nice to see you sir :)

Pics?

U do incline close grip for mostly the triceps or chest? Or both??

I do it usually for chest, I love incline the most. But the thing is, flat bench for me aggravates and puts super super stress on my pec and I have a very slight tear from years ago, that I don't wish to aggravate.

Also I feel like Flat Bench puts bad stress on me in general. It's just one of those lifts, my body doesn't feel quite right on and I can tell its an injury waiting to happen.

Incline feels just right and actually over the years I did incline enough that it truly was almost as strong as my flat bench believe it or not...

This is years ago prior to the tricep and pec injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTEBdjSjdB8

IML Gear Cream!
Thanks for the detailed info brother. I just had surgery myself so I was curious how they aided in the healing process. I’ve been on a maintenance dose of GH for almost a year now but it sounds like it would be beneficial to grab some 157 ASAP.

Whats up GP , always nice to see you

Well I healed my tricep and skin healed in about 60% of the required time. And then my PT was a cinch and recovery.

I believe that 100% it was very very effective and made my life alot easier. I spent a few bucks on the items, hgh I have script, bpc and tb were a bit $$$

But I do not regret it in any way.

My surgeon who has done 3 tears with me now, loves me and just smiles when he sees how fast i have healed. Gives me a fist bump and doesn't ask a single question. He's also a lifter and he's def not stupid, not at all. He knows I used a few tricks. but he doesn't care.

Super cool Ortho and Im thankful to have him.

Only 17 Wes? Fucking Slacker! Lol Just joking man. That was an impressive set for sure. You are/were definitely a strong mofo!

I do it usually for chest, I love incline the most. But the thing is, flat bench for me aggravates and puts super super stress on my pec and I have a very slight tear from years ago, that I don't wish to aggravate.

Also I feel like Flat Bench puts bad stress on me in general. It's just one of those lifts, my body doesn't feel quite right on and I can tell its an injury waiting to happen.

Incline feels just right and actually over the years I did incline enough that it truly was almost as strong as my flat bench believe it or not...

This is years ago prior to the tricep and pec injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTEBdjSjdB8

This was almost a year ago

Update the tricep healed super nice. I can use it 99%, the only time it bugs me is if I bench press heavy and at the very top of the lockout, or on a shoulder press when you are at the tippity top of the lift it feels weak and shaky at the top.

But that isn't a deal breaker at all. Size has def not returned to full size. I def have a smaller right arm then left but I dont care.

I do notice that when I shoot my Glutathione w bac water into the tricep its much closer to symmetrical with that temporary size enhancement.

Im too old to care about identical arm size though, Im just glad I have full function.

About 2 weeks ago I went to school to volunteer to help the kids make Gingerbread Houses. Literally like 2 days before Christmas.

They assigned me two kids, my daughter and of course the little girl who I helped in this very situation which caused me to tear my Tricep. LOL. Go figure. She's super cool and her and her parents of course love me now, so she was super happy I got picked again to help her.

What an experience this was. Way Way easier then my quad tear.

Update the tricep healed super nice. I can use it 99%, the only time it bugs me is if I bench press heavy and at the very top of the lockout, or on a shoulder press when you are at the tippity top of the lift it feels weak and shaky at the top.

But that isn't a deal breaker at all. Size has def not returned to full size. I def have a smaller right arm then left but I dont care.

I do notice that when I shoot my Glutathione w bac water into the tricep its much closer to symmetrical with that temporary size enhancement.

Im too old to care about identical arm size though, Im just glad I have full function.

About 2 weeks ago I went to school to volunteer to help the kids make Gingerbread Houses. Literally like 2 days before Christmas.

They assigned me two kids, my daughter and of course the little girl who I helped in this very situation which caused me to tear my Tricep. LOL. Go figure. She's super cool and her and her parents of course love me now, so she was super happy I got picked again to help her.

Nice you came a long way so it will take longer no doubt to regain the original size so keep pluggin away!

After I had a serious head injury years ago it took me a while to regain what I lost, and had my share of setbacks and little victories. Even in Wes' case he's had his own share of setbacks and victories and this one is no exception.

Did you tear the triceps tendon off the bone?

Did you tear the triceps tendon off the bone?

Yes sir and when it tore it ripped so hard it broke a chunk of the bone with it.

My surgeon said he's only ever seen tricep tears in weightlifters who fall. He said the stronger the muscle the worse you are in a fall because muscle tension and strength pulls with full force in a fall.

Meaning If I was 150lbs and not a weightlifter I might have only had a bruise.

I'll update w a photo of the scar shortly. It healed super nice.

Everyone jokes that I look like I got bit by a Shark bc of the shape of the scar. Surgeon did it that shape on purpose he said.

I believe him. He's actually become a friend of mine at this point and we chat here and there online.

He was actually going to do the surgery for my quad free of charge. Insurance wasnt covering it and he was like you need it, I'm doing it regardless. The office didn't even have me sign a contract. Insurance did pay for it but his intent will never be forgotten .

What a great man he is 🙏🙏

Yes sir and when it tore it ripped so hard it broke a chunk of the bone with it.

My surgeon said he's only ever seen tricep tears in weightlifters who fall. He said the stronger the muscle the worse you are in a fall because muscle tension and strength pulls with full force in a fall.

Meaning If I was 150lbs and not a weightlifter I might have only had a bruise.

I'll update w a photo of the scar shortly. It healed super nice.

Everyone jokes that I look like I got bit by a Shark bc of the shape of the scar. Surgeon did it that shape on purpose he said.

I believe him. He's actually become a friend of mine at this point and we chat here and there online.

He was actually going to do the surgery for my quad free of charge. Insurance wasnt covering it and he was like you need it, I'm doing it regardless. The office didn't even have me sign a contract. Insurance did pay for it but his intent will never be forgotten .

What a great man he is 

I ruptured my tricep tendon in a car accident...I was hit head on by a ram 2500...I gripped the steering wheel so hard it ruptured on impact...my tricep has never regained the size it once was...this occured back in 2007...I asked the surgeon if he filleted some muscle and he said of course not...the guys at the gym call me snap crackle and pop because that is the sound it makes when doing any type of extension...within a year I had regained about 90% of my prior strength....I was 47 at the time and was probably already on a downward trend strength wise anyways...

Been almost 2 years since this happened.

Today for the first time since I tore this off and had surgery, I went over 100lbs on Incline Dumbells Bench press.

It took me a solid 1.5 years to build the strength in the tricep to handle this weight. And to push it. Especially at the top. The lockouts were really really tough to get strong again.

So today I was able to hit 100lbs per hand for 10 reps on INCLINE dumbell.

Then my last set was 120lbs per hand for 10 reps on Incline Dumbell.

For my pecs the weight was a toy, but again, at lockout on the tricep, towards the last few reps it started to ache.

After the set, my tricep def was in a bit of pain. Not injured but I haven't gone heavy in a long time with this tricep.

On a good note, it's all upward from here. I will start using this weight regularly now and continuing to strengthen this.

BW is probably 205lbs. My best lift on Incline Dumbells ever, I was hitting 200lbs per hand for a rep or two and I only weighed 200lbs. Aka bodyweight reps per hand

I've actually never seen anyone else do a BW dumbell press per hand. Not even at the Pro level. I'll take it. In all fairness it took me 20+ years of heavy lifting before I was able to do that in the past.

Here's old video of me with the 180s. These things were massive. This is Montanaris Powerhouse gym in New Haven CT.
Very famous gym with all kinds of Pros there. I have trained with Evan Centopani a few times here, that is his home gym.

Get Shredded!
That just sucks . I am sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly

That just sucks . I am sorry to hear that. Hope you recover quickly
Sir this was almost 2 years ago!! I had the surgery and am recovering very nicely now going on 2 years later. Takes awhile to get those torn muscles to fire again.

My quad took 4 years after surgery to work the same.

Lol I have to pay attention to these old posts coming up. I thought I remembered you tearing your bicep before. I am glad you are good.

Sir this was almost 2 years ago!! I had the surgery and am recovering very nicely now going on 2 years later. Takes awhile to get those torn muscles to fire again.

My quad took 4 years after surgery to work the same.
Lmao dude I just read this and my heart sank… scrolling through comments and noticed some older guys posting and then saw the date, lol. I’m glad this is behind you Wes… I literally said out loud “ohh no” 😂

Glad your good amigo 👍

Here's how it looked at it's worstScreenshot_20221114-195702-035.png

Lol I have to pay attention to these old posts coming up. I thought I remembered you tearing your bicep before. I am glad you are good.
Lmao dude I just read this and my heart sank… scrolling through comments and noticed some older guys posting and then saw the date, lol. I’m glad this is behind you Wes… I literally said out loud “ohh no” 😂

Glad your good amigo 👍

I'm also guilty 😅🤣

Back