• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Wtf. Tore my Tricep off today...

IML Gear Cream!
Good luck on your surgery and don't skimp on the physical therapy you need it for full recovery. We will definitely be in prayer for you

Damn....looks painful. Look into stem cells for faster recovery, know some people who got it after surgery and had good results.

I don't even know you Wes but read lots of your knowledgable posts. You saved that girl from a broken neck, way yo go. The torn tricep sounds awful dude. Recover well

Thanks guys for all the kind words.

Brusing is def starting.

Def torn I can see the missing tricep heads today rolled up.

Have DRs appt today to get referral for x-rays etc.

Thanks for the Rob Kearney video. He and I are old friends and I used to compete against him back in the day when he first was starting and had a Girlfriend lol.

That video was eye opening.

One of my clients has tricep reattached this am actually from a ski accident so I will pick his brain.

Not looking forward to the PT portion either..

And yeah to answer about AAS weakening tendons, over time they do. Also I have had issues w this elbow many times over the years . 20+ years of competing and beating up my body in the gym for 25+ years certainly is taking a toll.

I'll post some more photos as I get them


I always thought testosterone would strengthen tendons and joints. On a Joe Rogan interview with Louie Simmons, he said that he doesn't believe they do - and hes been on test since 1970. I'm not able to find much info on the topic, and google keeps directing me to corticosteroids instead of AAS. Do you have any links or additional info on the topic?

Sorry to hear that Wes. Being a hero has its downfalls I guess

Fuck Wes! Just saw this. Hope for a speedy recovery. I had a partial bicep tear and it took about 6 months and some seros to heal.

Tore mine completely several years back. Surgery done by sports doc (San Antonio Spurs team doc) Was back in the gym 2 days after surgery training legs. I developed 3-4 different leg /calf routines and continued with this until I was able to start rehab. Legs never looked so good and it was nice to stay active. I also got on the standing calf machine and shrugged as well.
Like one other guy said earlier, you only have a few days to get that surgery and use your own tendon, or else doc will use cadaver tendon and the surgery becomes more difficult. It took me a good 6 months to get back to where I was (started out benching a broomstick (no joke).

Very unfortunate Wes. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Seth Feroce tore his tricep alittle while ago. Dr. Prisk did his surgery in PA. Not sure what his recovery plan was. Probably gh was involved.

That looks friggin awful dude.

don’t let the depression win.... because it’s coming. Injuries suck the motivation right out of a man.... unless you force it to make you stronger.

make it make you stronger.

I’ll ask the real big guy to help you out. Much love ❤️

Get Shredded!
Fuck! That terrible, you will be repaid somehow. Seems like some kind of injury is inevitable. My left bicep has a slight tear I’m guessing a slight dent on the lower outer head. It’s been like that for a few years now. I’m just waiting for that day when snap it finally gives. Stay Strong!

Last edited:
Back from 4 hrs at the ER.

Turns out besides the tricep tendon tear I also have 2 fractures in the elbow.

In a soft cast until the surgery.

Not impressed.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words🙏🙏

Back from 4 hrs at the ER.

Turns out besides the tricep tendon tear I also have 2 fractures in the elbow.

In a soft cast until the surgery.

Not impressed.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words

Ouch that sure doesn't help matters, but at least that's getting dealt with. Which part was the tricep torn?

You'll recover quick enough no doubt.

On a good note, they think my previous Surgeon will accept my Insurance. Im super confident in him and he has done sports teams and players, I believe he did several of the NY Yankees surgeries. I have seen him for years, it's just they closed the old practice in April bc of this Covid crap and re opened under new name. So it looks like I am a "new patient" is all

I was leaned out really nicely, picture doesn't really do me justice so this is frustrating to get hurt right when I was looking and feeling good again.

Ditching any DHT compounds, gonna up my HRT dose. Got my GH script and have some BPC and TB500 coming from Amino Asylum. Hoping to visit Surgeon this week and want to schedule surgery yesterday.

Lets get this show on the road.

Oh yeah and I already have my trusted PT lined up, so, so far, so good.

155232478_121067099995388_3006671025560361104_o.jpg

On a good note, they think my previous Surgeon will accept my Insurance. Im super confident in him and he has done sports teams and players, I believe he did several of the NY Yankees surgeries. I have seen him for years, it's just they closed the old practice in April bc of this Covid crap and re opened under new name. So it looks like I am a "new patient" is all

I was leaned out really nicely, picture doesn't really do me justice so this is frustrating to get hurt right when I was looking and feeling good again.

Ditching any DHT compounds, gonna up my HRT dose. Got my GH script and have some BPC and TB500 coming from Amino Asylum. Hoping to visit Surgeon this week and want to schedule surgery yesterday.

That is good news Wes! Besides the arm obviously, you look good! I was noticing the Muscle GelZ shirt! I want it! Lol. You are going to get it fixed and if anyone can recover fast....it is you. Bless you and your family

Max

Hopefully, they can get in and out of surgery quickly. That’s the worst part of having to wait for surgery because you really can’t even begin the healing process until then. You can put those healing peptides to the test and see how much they help out with recovery. I hope all goes smoothly for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sure sucks getting things dialed in then boom you get injured to set you back but at least you getting take care of. Looks like just cardio for ya, so you get to meet the cardio bunnies lmao!

I always thought testosterone would strengthen tendons and joints. On a Joe Rogan interview with Louie Simmons, he said that he doesn't believe they do - and hes been on test since 1970. I'm not able to find much info on the topic, and google keeps directing me to corticosteroids instead of AAS. Do you have any links or additional info on the topic?

From my reading in the past, guys blow out tendons at the gym on great bc their muscles get big and stronger faster then the tendon does.... becomes the weak link sorta.

Muscles and tendons have certain tensile strength. Exceeding this creates strains and sprains respectively. If the stretch is even greater the load will tear the muscle or tendon or ligament.

I can only imagine the force at which Wes landed with from that height.

Terrible injury and will be 9 months at least. Maybe a year before it’s like the other side.

But it could have been much worse.

Sorry Wes you’re a good guy.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Gonna need surgery...

It was at a Trampoline Park. A 4-5 year old girl had climbed up to the top of the mats and got her leg stuck in the netting. She was screaming, hanging by a leg about 10ft up, and several kids and 2 mom's frantically tried to get her down and fell on their faces. I shimmied up the padding in socks. Crawled on the netting to her... Bear hugged little girl...when I pulled to release her I fell backwards 6-10ft landing on my arm w all my bodyweight. It tore off instantly. Little girl was ok, she slid down unharmed once I freed her.

I'm definitely in pain.

Surgeons closed til Monday. I have a great Ortho if his office still takes my Insurance.

Fuuuuuuccckkkkk. I'm so sorry man. Christ........I'm wishing you a speedy recovery. Hang in there!

IML Gear Cream!
Good to hear that you have a plan, the surgeon and PT all lined up.

Continue to stay positive and you'll get through it. Everything happens for a reason.

Maybe Wes should become a machine...all new bionic body parts that are tough!

Two fractures! When it rains it pours! The tricep and fractures should heal about the same time I hope.

Uh oh the bruising is peeking through the cast

Lol I'm in trouble!
1f602.png
1f923.png
I'll get a photo of full arm brusing if the cast comes off in the next few days.

Half my arm is missing! The whole tricep is just gone!

155799395_121506909951407_5404532796446075216_o.jpg

Uh oh the bruising is peeking through the cast

Lol I'm in trouble!
1f602.png
1f923.png
I'll get a photo of full arm brusing if the cast comes off in the next few days.

Half my arm is missing! The whole tricep is just gone!

155799395_121506909951407_5404532796446075216_o.jpg

After Surgery; time to repair and rebuild! Like the Six Billion Dollar Man!! I’ll put a call into Oscar Goldman!!

Max

Probably dark purple closer to your elbow where the blood is pooling.

Back