• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

By Any Means Necessary

Get Shredded!
Streeeetch.

Really happy with the amount of thickness I've added to my lats. The upper back, not so much but, I'll get it figured out.

Pull today. Wasn't a great session. My abs kept cramping up after a single set of kneeling cable rows so, I couldn't really brace my core without it seizing up.

Worked around it but, far from a great session.

Did my single arm Pulldowns using this bench today due to that issue actually. Not sure how I liked it.... Reps felt hit or miss so I'll play with it anther day using a more upright angle and twist the torso a bit for a bigger stretch.

My calves look big here.... They're not but they look it lol
72ec6b7e58d9676c3191b71c42fd424e.jpg
5fe3d585d7f81cc8cb54ae1546a4b5d5.jpg

Damn those legs looking big!
Thanks bud.

They're back to at least where they were before my knee went to fuck all.

Now it's just a very conscious effort to be sure the left leg is doing its share of work in any type of squat or press. It's behind but, getting better at least.

Speaking of the left leg, there is definitely a big difference in strength and even nerve activity there. For instance, If I'm just sitting down and try to extend the quad, I REALLY have to put effort into getting it fully extended. The right leg, goes right up. The left, I can extend to 3/4 but to get the full contraction takes effort.

This is why I know there's a bigger issue then just tendinitis in the knee but, no time to fuck with it at a dr.

Today was leg day too. I've been asked fifty times in pm how I train legs.... I post my log book but that's not really explaining things much so I'll explain a bit today.

Adductor machine - 2 working sets 1 rep short of failure. This means I finish a rep and KNOW I can't get another. 1 set to failure. This means I can't fully contract the weight when I try on the last rep.

I do Adductors first every session but, this rotation for legs I don't follow them with a leg curl because of my leg press variation after.

I put Adductors and leg curls FIRST on leg days because I want to make sure the legs are warm and I've got a good amount of blood in there. There's a few reasons here but mostly, to help prevent injury since we're warm and the muscle is pumped and, to get the cns firing a bit for when I move to my "bigger lifts". Going in cold to a safety squat or hack or whatever is asking for problems eventually and with the hamstrings and Adductors "activated" the weights feel more stable and in not trying to catch up in that regard.

Low wide leg press - 2 sets 1 rep short of failure, 1 muscle round set (6 mini sets of 4 with 4 deep breaths between each set) goal here is to completely fail during the 6th set in 4 reps. If I don't fail, I keep that set going until I do fail.

Control every rep . Deep stretch to a point where you're not putting your lower back in a compromised position.

Hack feet low and close - 2 working sets 1 Rep short of failure. I just put these in and took out split Squats since this day is very hamstrings dominant. There are only 2 working sets here because even though the leg press is bias to Adductors and hamstrings, the quads get good work as well. I'm not going ass to grass here, there's no need. I'm descending to the point where my calves touch my hamstrings which is where the quad is fully lengthened and from there contract back up. No bouncing, no hitting the bottom, just control.

If I were doing hacks to target the entire leg, I would use a reverse band here since the weight would be much heavier and I do get deeper on those. The band is to just take a little tension off the knee in the hole. It's not there to help your ego and load more plates. The band will also allow you to overload the top of the movement since you will use a bit more weight and the band stops assisting any once you're out of the hole.

Rdl - 1 working set 1 rep short of failure, I set of pause reps 1 rep short of failure. bread and butter shit here guys. Hip hinge movements are SO important in Glute, hamstring, Adductor, erector development. Guys who really hammer these movements (deads, stiff leg dead, rdls, good mornings) have crazy density from the back. On rdls, I have my feet just about shoulder width apart, toes out slightly, knees slightly bent. My focus is to push my ass out to make me go down, when I can't push it out anymore, I pull it in to come up. I'm not trying to pull my shoulders up, or press with my quads, just ass back, ass in. A good cue here is to watch your Adductors. If you have any, you'll see them "move apart" (lengthen) on the way down, then try to see them come back together at the top.

Lying leg curl - 2 sets to failure, 1 rest pause set. Not much to talk about. Try to force your hips down into the pad on every contraction, don't let them come up or forward. Control the beginning of the rep, don't jerk it up to start contraction. Slow eccentrics, slight hold at the stretch.

Hip extension - 3-4 sets to failure I do these standing on a cable. I've got pancake ass so that's the biggest reason they're in there but, it also has helped with my hip strength. My quads and hamstrings have outpaced my hips so I was getting pain handling the heavier weights in the hip. These seem to help so far but I'm sure there's a better alternative I haven't tried. Standing straight up, leg straight, pull back by contracting the Glute and squeeze the fuck out of it.

I started training calves again a few weeks back. When I say I started training them I mean really training them like everything else. Not 3 sets of whatever cause I was already doing this. Progressive overload, long hold in the stretch, forced reps.

I don't do any different types of toe position, I just have one cue. Toes straight and I imagine I'm holding a Water bottle between my ankles and not letting it drop. Try that next time.

That's it. Hopefully someone will get something out of this long ass post.

Somebody say something about calves..???
Honestly they look about the same..as forearms...18"..??

Everything else is just way bigger..??

Thanks bud.

They're back to at least where they were before my knee went to fuck all.

Now it's just a very conscious effort to be sure the left leg is doing its share of work in any type of squat or press. It's behind but, getting better at least.

Speaking of the left leg, there is definitely a big difference in strength and even nerve activity there. For instance, If I'm just sitting down and try to extend the quad, I REALLY have to put effort into getting it fully extended. The right leg, goes right up. The left, I can extend to 3/4 but to get the full contraction takes effort.

This is why I know there's a bigger issue then just tendinitis in the knee but, no time to fuck with it at a dr.

Today was leg day too. I've been asked fifty times in pm how I train legs.... I post my log book but that's not really explaining things much so I'll explain a bit today.

Adductor machine - 2 working sets 1 rep short of failure. This means I finish a rep and KNOW I can't get another. 1 set to failure. This means I can't fully contract the weight when I try on the last rep.

I do Adductors first every session but, this rotation for legs I don't follow them with a leg curl because of my leg press variation after.

I put Adductors and leg curls FIRST on leg days because I want to make sure the legs are warm and I've got a good amount of blood in there. There's a few reasons here but mostly, to help prevent injury since we're warm and the muscle is pumped and, to get the cns firing a bit for when I move to my "bigger lifts". Going in cold to a safety squat or hack or whatever is asking for problems eventually and with the hamstrings and Adductors "activated" the weights feel more stable and in not trying to catch up in that regard.

Low wide leg press - 2 sets 1 rep short of failure, 1 muscle round set (6 mini sets of 4 with 4 deep breaths between each set) goal here is to completely fail during the 6th set in 4 reps. If I don't fail, I keep that set going until I do fail.

Control every rep . Deep stretch to a point where you're not putting your lower back in a compromised position.

Hack feet low and close - 2 working sets 1 Rep short of failure. I just put these in and took out split Squats since this day is very hamstrings dominant. There are only 2 working sets here because even though the leg press is bias to Adductors and hamstrings, the quads get good work as well. I'm not going ass to grass here, there's no need. I'm descending to the point where my calves touch my hamstrings which is where the quad is fully lengthened and from there contract back up. No bouncing, no hitting the bottom, just control.

If I were doing hacks to target the entire leg, I would use a reverse band here since the weight would be much heavier and I do get deeper on those. The band is to just take a little tension off the knee in the hole. It's not there to help your ego and load more plates. The band will also allow you to overload the top of the movement since you will use a bit more weight and the band stops assisting any once you're out of the hole.

Rdl - 1 working set 1 rep short of failure, I set of pause reps 1 rep short of failure. bread and butter shit here guys. Hip hinge movements are SO important in Glute, hamstring, Adductor, erector development. Guys who really hammer these movements (deads, stiff leg dead, rdls, good mornings) have crazy density from the back. On rdls, I have my feet just about shoulder width apart, toes out slightly, knees slightly bent. My focus is to push my ass out to make me go down, when I can't push it out anymore, I pull it in to come up. I'm not trying to pull my shoulders up, or press with my quads, just ass back, ass in. A good cue here is to watch your Adductors. If you have any, you'll see them "move apart" (lengthen) on the way down, then try to see them come back together at the top.

Lying leg curl - 2 sets to failure, 1 rest pause set. Not much to talk about. Try to force your hips down into the pad on every contraction, don't let them come up or forward. Control the beginning of the rep, don't jerk it up to start contraction. Slow eccentrics, slight hold at the stretch.

Hip extension - 3-4 sets to failure I do these standing on a cable. I've got pancake ass so that's the biggest reason they're in there but, it also has helped with my hip strength. My quads and hamstrings have outpaced my hips so I was getting pain handling the heavier weights in the hip. These seem to help so far but I'm sure there's a better alternative I haven't tried. Standing straight up, leg straight, pull back by contracting the Glute and squeeze the fuck out of it.

I started training calves again a few weeks back. When I say I started training them I mean really training them like everything else. Not 3 sets of whatever cause I was already doing this. Progressive overload, long hold in the stretch, forced reps.

I don't do any different types of toe position, I just have one cue. Toes straight and I imagine I'm holding a Water bottle between my ankles and not letting it drop. Try that next time.

That's it. Hopefully someone will get something out of this long ass post.

Very nice explanation of your leg day!

Here you go guys. This is your blueprint to big ass legs! Take note!

Very nice explanation of your leg day!

Here you go guys. This is your blueprint to big ass legs! Take note!

If anyone has questions about why I put things where they are, ask.

There's a lot of thought that goes into planning my exercise selections and order during training that I didn't really talk about.

Push today and my leg day from yesterday.

Push was good other then not being able to do Incline Smith. Went early so there was a bigger crowd and the two machines were being used. Didn't have time to wait.

Had a really good pump today. Better then normal for whatever reason.

Strength up. Reps up. Better form. Some type of progress on every exercise. Shoulder press is sky rocketing. It's always been a stronger lift for me so not a big deal. Still down a bit from before I stopped pressing for shoulders though.
afe02c0aa91112593541f13bfba4c9c1.jpg

Yesterday, after training, I grabbed food from five guys and had lunch with the wife. This was my post workout meal. Double with cheese, green peppers and pickles, fries.

Had my normal meals after that and woke up down 5lbs to 260. Not sure what to make of that but, I did have a lieter less water through the day though.

Pull today was good but, I was flat..... As flat as you can be at this level of bodyfat.... . I just wasn't as "bubbly" as I have been. Just trying to wrap my head around what changed besides MORE calories during the day.

Either that lieter of water made a big difference or, I might be coming to the end of what I'm going to be getting from this low dose of mk677.

Anyways, training went good. Improved. I have switched the hammer machine row to 1 arm at a time and I feel it so much better. Bracing will be an issue at some point when strength keeps going up but, until then, we ride this fucker out.
73357e6c9764b9b9e7ad1bad87671ff5.jpg

Three straight days of training and I'm beat to shit. I know better then to do that but, if work schedule allows me to go I gotta get it in. Paying for it today though.

Time to rest up today and possibly tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling.

Finally got around to donating today.

They don't test your hematocrit now which kinda sucks since I use it as a measuring stick between lab work draws.

Instead they test hemoglobin which was 16.1.

Dumped a pint and back to life.

Anyone tried the chicken sandwich gun KFC? I've been seeing the commercials and think I want one....

Finally got around to donating today.

Anyone tried the chicken sandwich gun KFC? I've been seeing the commercials and think I want one....

Ha I don’t know man can I work that one into the meal plan lmao

Leg day.

Pumps were down since I'm a quart low today. Had a fucking awful lower back pump after Squats. I was able to ride it out through leg press and stiff legs, just stayed laying down in the machine, but it took me to my knees on hip extensions.

Kinda funny seeing a 265lb guy writing on the floor in pain after a set of single leg hip extensions.

I attribute the back pumps to the blood as well. Just not able to keep the hydration and minerals all over where they needed to be.

Got a pic of my Jimmied up Adductor setup. That yellow handle the weight is hanging on can adjust to add 15lbs to the stack so it's 205. Throwing the ten on there the last couple sessions. I'm afraid much more weight might break the handle though. Gonna try.

Hatfields felt great. Added 2 reps on my top set easily. No knee pain.

Increase on leg press.

Increase on Adductor.

Increase on extensions.

Subbed cable sl deads for hammer shrug machine stiff leg. Just a different feel. The dead stop reps during the backoff felt gnarly.

Seated leg curl stalled. Going to drop the weight back next rotation and get the tempo adjusted. Progress in another way
0673fb00977505e6691418fb7ccee2ed.jpg
a81e3b2257c37b6ca06ceb57a34ca6b0.jpg

Leg day.

Pumps were down since I'm a quart low today. Had a fucking awful lower back pump after Squats. I was able to ride it out through leg press and stiff legs, just stayed laying down in the machine, but it took me to my knees on hip extensions.

Kinda funny seeing a 265lb guy writing on the floor in pain after a set of single leg hip extensions.

I attribute the back pumps to the blood as well. Just not able to keep the hydration and minerals all over where they needed to be.

Got a pic of my Jimmied up Adductor setup. That yellow handle the weight is hanging on can adjust to add 15lbs to the stack so it's 205. Throwing the ten on there the last couple sessions. I'm afraid much more weight might break the handle though. Gonna try.

Hatfields felt great. Added 2 reps on my top set easily. No knee pain.

Increase on leg press.

Increase on Adductor.

Increase on extensions.

Subbed cable sl deads for hammer shrug machine stiff leg. Just a different feel. The dead stop reps during the backoff felt gnarly.

Seated leg curl stalled. Going to drop the weight back next rotation and get the tempo adjusted. Progress in another way
0673fb00977505e6691418fb7ccee2ed.jpg
a81e3b2257c37b6ca06ceb57a34ca6b0.jpg
I've hung a 25 on our cable station many times so surely it'll be fine

Ugh, another 14 hour day at work with 4 hours of sleep. No legs

I should be off tomorrow so l will crush them then.

Also need to go donate and hit the chiropractor up.

Trying to find a new tissue place around me. Training has really taken its toll on me over the last few months and I'm bound up pretty bad. Constant tension in my neck and upper back which is affecting my sleep.

I've been doing what I can with a foam roller and lacrosse ball but, I need some professional work done. Hopefully this place I'm looking at checks out and I can get some work done.

Weight up between 265-269 in the morning. Haven't increased food so I know I'm over the edge with how long I've been pushing the food. Going to pull back a tiny bit on non training days and let this weight settle back between 260-265 and hold it there during the cruise.

When you have long days like this, how do you get your meals in? And I'm assuming you're bringing your preps, but with such long durations do you ever find yourself with an unplanned long duration between each meal?

Get Shredded!
When you have long days like this, how do you get your meals in? And I'm assuming you're bringing your preps, but with such long durations do you ever find yourself with an unplanned long duration between each meal?
I'll eat on my regular schedule, 2. 5-3 hours regardless.

I have a stockpile of foods at work I can get into if I need too as well. Tub of protein, rice cakes, rice packets, tuna packets, can chicken, almonds, oatmeal.

Not an option to not eat so, I gotta be ready.

Rest day.

Chest and delts were pretty sore today so, between that and the strength dip, I need to keep an eye on volume during training or pull my frequency back a touch especially since I've only got a couple days left on cycle.

Bought one of those bakblades. It's like a back scratcher with a razor blade on it so you can shave your back, obviously.

I had a man groomer, electric trimmer with an extension, a couple years back that worked really well. I bought a new one a few months ago and it sucks.

This thing works well but, I did get a touch of razor burn which I'm not a fan of. I'm try it a few more times before I decide if I'll try to hunt down an old man groomer or just use this.

Pull yesterday.

Brought volume down by pulling out cluster sets.

Going to be changing exercises here the next couple weeks to make sure I'm not completely stagnant when drugs come down.

Also, still looking for the magic combo on back to bring up the upper and mid back more. It'll come.

Rest day.

Chest and delts were pretty sore today so, between that and the strength dip, I need to keep an eye on volume during training or pull my frequency back a touch especially since I've only got a couple days left on cycle.

Bought one of those bakblades. It's like a back scratcher with a razor blade on it so you can shave your back, obviously.

I had a man groomer, electric trimmer with an extension, a couple years back that worked really well. I bought a new one a few months ago and it sucks.

This thing works well but, I did get a touch of razor burn which I'm not a fan of. I'm try it a few more times before I decide if I'll try to hunt down an old man groomer or just use this.

I pitched mine. Used it twice and it broke my back out something crazy both times. I wonder how much laser would cost for an entire back? :thinking:

I pitched mine. Used it twice and it broke my back out something crazy both times. I wonder how much laser would cost for an entire back? :thinking:
Dunno. I have some bump cream that works fucking awesome but my wife wasn't here to put it on me.

I use it after I Nair my legs and rarely have an issue.

I wish I could find the original man groomer that's plain black. It was perfect

Dunno. I have some bump cream that works fucking awesome but my wife wasn't here to put it on me.

I use it after I Nair my legs and rarely have an issue.

I wish I could find the original man groomer that's plain black. It was perfect
I bought this one last year after you kinda posted up a review. Works like a champ! The only issue I have is trying to use it with my non-dominant hand
41b2cb44a7735a22023bd09bd749fc67.jpg

I bought this one last year after you kinda posted up a review. Works like a champ! The only issue I have is trying to use it with my non-dominant hand
41b2cb44a7735a22023bd09bd749fc67.jpg
This is the one I had that worked really well.

I can't seem to find it anymore though, or I'm just over looking it

So if you use a trimmer, does it not make your back all stubbly? It seems like it would make your shirt stick to you and be itchy as hell. :confused: I'd hate to turn my whole back into a big sheet of velcro.

So if you use a trimmer, does it not make your back all stubbly? It seems like it would make your shirt stick to you and be itchy as hell. :confused: I'd hate to turn my whole back into a big sheet of velcro.
I've never had velcro-back issues after shaving, not that I know of anyway. But the hair on my back and the rest of my body is really fine, so it might be different for someone with thick, course hair.

Back