SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,145 Posts
    Rep Points

Legs today.

Feeling beat up again.

This was something I expected to probably deal with switching to PPL. Since volume is up a bit, I have had to start making sure I'm resting on days I'm scheduled off no matter what. I always try to train on days I'm not working or work late in the day so I'm sure to get a well rested session but I will skip rest days at times to do that. Extra rest is better then making sure I train at this point.

So, since my knees were feeling wonky, lower back was tight and I was tired, I pulled out the Hatfields and quad extensions today.

High close lp - 7pps(+1pps)*25, 7*15 CS 6*17(+2)
    Adductor - 185(+15)*14, 12, 10
    Sumo Bb squat - 4 plates *12, 4*10 drop 3*9 drop 2*10

That was it.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,145 Posts
    Rep Points

Here's some updates

Pic on the left was a week after my last show. That was a week off training and diet relaxing and recovering. Weight there was 230.

Pic on the right is this morning. Ten weeks in to my cruise and a little mini cut to get some fat off. Just 250mg test. Weight is 250.

No huge changes from the front. Quads might be a bit fuller and chest might be a tad better.

From the side, hamstrings have improved little more cap to the delt.

Another year to grow, here we go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Here's some updates

Pic on the left was a week after my last show. That was a week off training and diet relaxing and recovering. Weight there was 230.

Pic on the right is this morning. Ten weeks in to my cruise and a little mini cut to get some fat off. Just 250mg test. Weight is 250.

No huge changes from the front. Quads might be a bit fuller and chest might be a tad better.

Very nice! Definitely got better this offseason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts
    Rep Points

Here's some updates

Thatís nuts! Really good improvements for one year!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,145 Posts
    Rep Points

Push.

Incline Smith - 335*9(+1), 285*13(+2), RP 275(+10)*10/4/3

Hammer Shoulder Press - 290*12(+1), 10(+1), 270(+20)*9

Seated cable fly - 110(+10)*11, 100*10, 9 CA 70*14

Dual handle extension - 71(+5)*12, 66*10, 11 CS49*15
    SS
    DB Lateral - 50*15, 10, 12

Hammer Dip - 180*25, 20, 17

Ab stuff

Enjoying the lighter bodyweight lately. Easier to tie my shoes.

Doing some "cardio". 30 minute walks around the neighborhood at a nice pace. Don't break a sweat unless it's hot outside which it's getting to be. Not really doing these too help with fat loss or health, just killing time and enjoying the outside air.

Got some bloods pulled yesterday. I have really slacked on my bloodwork and I don't believe I have had any since post show last year in August (would need to look at my account). Very irresponsible of me but, I kept putting it off or forgetting. Hopefully they're in good standing.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,145 Posts
    Rep Points

Pull.

Really digging this days layout now that I've adjusted it a few times.

Lat pull down machine neutral handle - 310(+20)*12, 11, CS 200*18

Hammer row - 145(+10)*11, 10, CS 100*17

Dual curls - 70*12, 60*11, 60*10, 35*12

Deads - 315*22, 405*5

Ez curl - 71*18, 15, 65*12, CS 45*16

Reverse pec deck standing - 6 sets to failure

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,145 Posts
    Rep Points

Yday morning I had a pretty big drop in weight, 3lbs to 247

So, I increased carbs Yday to 700g, 246 this morning .

Will do a moderate carb day today and see what happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Rep Points

Yday morning I had a pretty big drop in weight, 3lbs to 247

So, I increased carbs Yday to 700g, 246 this morning .

Will do a moderate carb day today and see what happens.
    Damn thatís a lot of carbs and you still dropped weight! Your insulin sensitivity is low right now!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,145 Posts
    Rep Points

Hi all.

Been training here and there when I'm able. Diet hasn't been very good at all honestly. Not eating junk but I'm not getting all my meals in so I've been putting a higher calorie meal in some days to help not to just shrink away. I'd day I'm 60% at best this past week. Good thing is, I'm not in prep so, I'm allowing myself to diet this way instead of adding in the stress of being sure to not miss anything. If I were in prep, I would be out of my gord.

Training has been ok. The focus isn't really there and I'm sure more then a couple people in the gym have seen me with tears in my eyes leading up to a top set or during my rest Periods.

My parents hadn't set up any funeral arrangements so the wife and I have been doing all of that this week. Cremation, viewing, buying the plot. On the bright side, the funeral home were working with is helping with all the VA stuff. Since we're burying his remains in a private cemetery the VA doesn't do much of anything in terms of financial assistance but, they are going to do the ceremony and headstone which is helpful.

I am fortunate enough to be able to pay all of these expenses though without much worry. We dipped into savings but, didn't add any debt. Right now we're at about 8k.

This has made me and the wife start to get our own burial arrangements in order so our kids won't have to deal with it.

Love you guys. Hope everyone is doing well.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,171 Posts
    Rep Points

Responsibility is not fun, that's for sure. Hang in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,418 Posts
    Rep Points

Hi all.

Been training here and there when I'm able. Diet hasn't been very good at all honestly. Not eating junk but I'm not getting all my meals in so I've been putting a higher calorie meal in some days to help not to just shrink away. I'd day I'm 60% at best this past week. Good thing is, I'm not in prep so, I'm allowing myself to diet this way instead of adding in the stress of being sure to not miss anything. If I were in prep, I would be out of my gord.

Training has been ok. The focus isn't really there and I'm sure more then a couple people in the gym have seen me with tears in my eyes leading up to a top set or during my rest Periods.

My parents hadn't set up any funeral arrangements so the wife and I have been doing all of that this week. Cremation, viewing, buying the plot. On the bright side, the funeral home were working with is helping with all the VA stuff. Since we're burying his remains in a private cemetery the VA doesn't do much of anything in terms of financial assistance but, they are going to do the ceremony and headstone which is helpful.

I am fortunate enough to be able to pay all of these expenses though without much worry. We dipped into savings but, didn't add any debt. Right now we're at about 8k.

This has made me and the wife start to get our own burial arrangements in order so our kids won't have to deal with it.

So sorry for your loss coach. You know how to get ahold of me if you need anything at all. Iím sure your dad was an amazing man having raised a person like you! Love ya brotha!

Stuck in hell currently clawing my way out !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts
    Rep Points

Hi all.

Hey brother im sorry to hear about your loss and i pray for peace upon you and yours. I lost my father back in 2013 and the VA covered the headstone and burial as well but thats about it.