• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Bible Thread

My mom died last week. It was a sad day but I was with her a couple years ago when she accepted jesus as lord and savior so I have the assurance of her salvation for comfort. I pray and thak God for the comfort that brings.

My pops lives almost his whole life without Christ, he was saved before He died by a few years, he changed in his heart in a way I could never write voar text but wow did he develop a heart of flesh and I say this to you cause I can relate to knowing that assurance tou spoke of, that’s life changing brother, he died in my arms but he went to be with our Father and that changed everything. My condolences for your loss and I smile for her gain :)

Hey Guys, I’m new to this forum, migrated over here from another anabolic forum. I’m obviously late to the party on this thread and have a lot of reading and catching up to do with it, but think it’s a great thing to have on any forum, and a great thing to be able to have a civil conversation about this topic in general. I would never call my self an expert but I’m a very educated laymen when it comes to Christian apologetics and hopefully I can chime in and provide some substance here. Especially on the scientific side of this debate( age of earth, flood, evolution type stuff) and moral dilemmas and morality of the Bible or supposed contradictions in the Bible.

Every apologetic lesson/speech I’ve always given I state this, “ my goal isn’t to answer all your questions, it’s to make you ask more questions and seek the answers yourself.”

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here

This thread has been a great experience for me. It's been a great testimony to the bodybuilding community which surprised me at first. But then I realized that God is in every aspect of our lives not just our Sundays at church. I look forward to hearing what you have to contribute

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;
Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes,
And prudent in their own sight!

I'm currently reading a book called. The American Covenant by Marshall foster. Its the story of the pilgrams covenant with God when they started this country. And discusses the biblical principles that formed our constitution and the bill of rights. If anyone else has read on this subject I would appreciate your input. And any ideas on how we as Bible believing people can turn our nation around.

Last edited:
I could use prayers from the believers on this forum.

I'm trying to start a new business. I'm a bit nervous. A bit low on Capitol. But I believe this will work.

It's a cologne company I have been working on for some time.
I already had it made in a lab for me and now I want it to succeed.

If it is meant to be. I'm a firm believer that I was encouraged to take this route. As dumb or odd as that sounds.

Regardless if you believe in my venture, I'd appreciate it if you can believe in me and help me out

I have faith this is possible. 🙏

Sir why New Kings James

No offense intended

As a novice I only read the OG King James version.

Explanation please ? 🙏

I'm currently reading a book called. The American Covenant by Marshall foster. Its the story of the pilgrams covenant with God when they started this country. And discusses the biblical principles that formed our constitution and the bill of rights. If anyone else has read on this subject I would appreciate your input. And any ideas on how we as Bible believing people can turn our nation around.

Book of Jeremiah!

Sir why New Kings James

No offense intended

As a novice I only read the OG King James version.

Explanation please ? 

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll add my two cents. NKJV is *much* easier to understand and the grammar will flow more easily for you. It's the closest translation (imho) to the original king james without losing anything. It simply removes the Olde English with the "thee" and "thou" and such.

I believe jerimiah 29. I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you. I get that but I'm more focusing now on how to teach the young kids how to put feet to their faith. As in how does their religious beliefs affect the way they vote or spend their money. How it should affect their marriage the raising of their children etc.

I could use prayers from the believers on this forum.

I'm trying to start a new business. I'm a bit nervous. A bit low on Capitol. But I believe this will work.

It's a cologne company I have been working on for some time.
I already had it made in a lab for me and now I want it to succeed.

If it is meant to be. I'm a firm believer that I was encouraged to take this route. As dumb or odd as that sounds.

Regardless if you believe in my venture, I'd appreciate it if you can believe in me and help me out

I have faith this is possible. 

This is pretty much how I picture you when you talk about work:

Ecclesiastes 9:10
New King James Version
10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.

The "do it with might" part....not the grave part. :twothumbs:

I have been teaching a class every year for 20 years now on revelation and Daniel regarding the rapture of the church. As I started this new study I got to thinking we as believers have put so much into the idea of leaving for heaven that maybe we have turned the forming of our children up to the secular schools and not preparing them for the work we should be doing on earth for the kingdom purposes

I believe jerimiah 29. I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you. I get that but I'm more focusing now on how to teach the young kids how to put feet to their faith. As in how does their religious beliefs affect the way they vote or spend their money. How it should affect their marriage the raising of their children etc.

It has to start at home. My second choice would be the non believers. It's easier to preach the gospel to the ignorant than it is to the churched. Sad, but true. The best thing you can do is set a good example and live the life (and that's not trying to "act holier than thou" just to be clear--we're all sinners). When it comes time to share your faith...do just that. Share *your* faith. Your experiences. How God has worked in *your* life. Being a witness is the best way of being a disciple. And disciples make more disciples...not just believers. Encourage the new found sheep to share their experiences.

I've probably mentioned it before, but Bill Hull has some excellent books on disciple making. This is a very quick and excellent read:
https://www.amazon.com/Disciple-Mak...ords=bill+hull+disciple&qid=1642040072&sr=8-2

Ignore the title that implies it is for pastors only. It is for everyone who wants to be a witness for Christ.

I have been teaching a class every year for 20 years now on revelation and Daniel regarding the rapture of the church. As I started this new study I got to thinking we as believers have put so much into the idea of leaving for heaven that maybe we have turned the forming of our children up to the secular schools and not preparing them for the work we should be doing on earth for the kingdom purposes
Public school is now an indoctrination camp designed to create immoral God hating Marxists. I would call allowing a child to go to public school borderline child abuse at this point. Every element of our public society is now compromised.

IML Gear Cream!
I completely agree. I also think we have an obligation to be the difference. Many of us can afford to send our own children to a private Christian school but others can't. As Christians I believe it's our duty to do what we can to make a difference. But how many of us would be willing to make sacrifices in our lives to help someone else's children to attend the same school.

I completely agree. I also think we have an obligation to be the difference. Many of us can afford to send our own children to a private Christian school but others can't. As Christians I believe it's our duty to do what we can to make a difference. But how many of us would be willing to make sacrifices in our lives to help someone else's children to attend the same school.

this exactly. Thankfully my kids school isn’t as bad as most of the bigger schools but it’s only a matter of time. I feel like within a generation or two the landscape of the United States and fundamental Christian philosophies are going to be near extinct at this rate.

id gladly let y’all put my kids through a private Christian school lol

If I could afford to I would. My church is throwing around the idea of starting a pre school. It will be completely free from any state or federal funding so as to not be under state teaching guidelines. All classes will be biblically based. We realize not everyone can afford private education so we will be in house funded by tithing and offering from church members. On average the cost is around 2500 a year per child. If the Lord provides eventually kindergarten through middle school

They now offer hybrid on line private schools. We pay like $230 per month. Its all web based and he has a teacher he can contact when he has questions. They teach Bible as well.

Churches started most schools and hospitals generations ago. Its the template that built America.

Do you worry about your kids missing out on social interactions being schooled from home?

Do you worry about your kids missing out on social interactions being schooled from home?

kids don’t have to miss out on social interactions from being home schooled… in fact it seems like they’re missing out more when in public schools these days.

I’m just curious. I have a few friends that home school their kids and they say that’s one of their obstacles. Getting them enough social interaction and friends outside of family members to where they aren’t awkward and shy when they are around other kids. My friends set up like “play dates” for them with other home school kids but it’s not the same. From what they tell me it’s one of the obstacles they face from home schooling. I was looking for some different perspectives on it.

I’m just curious. I have a few friends that home school their kids and they say that’s one of their obstacles. Getting them enough social interaction and friends outside of family members to where they aren’t awkward and shy when they are around other kids. My friends set up like “play dates” for them with other home school kids but it’s not the same. From what they tell me it’s one of the obstacles they face from home schooling. I was looking for some different perspectives on it.

This is the biggest issue with home schooling, imo. I've known *many* home schooled kids and every last one has been a bit awkward...if not completely awkward. The best adjusted ones I've seen were enrolled in other activities...sports, music, karate, etc. From that, the parents encouraged play dates, sleep overs, etc. It is a *lot* for the parents to stay on top of. On top of that...look at the parents that are typically *willing* to homeschool. They themselves are usually a little on the weird side. I'm not saying home schooling is bad thing...but it has its drawbacks too.

Attachments

• home-school-parents-distance-zoom-learning-fb41-png__700.jpg
    home-school-parents-distance-zoom-learning-fb41-png__700.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 18
Back