Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,930 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    I'm a big fan of the New King James Version (NKJV for short). It drops all the "king's english", so it is very straightforward. The super easy reading ones, american standard, etc tend to booger up some passages so much that it takes on a whole different meaning. Sometimes, they will also flat out add things that were never in the original text.
    New King James is also my go to translation but I read various ones all the time. (I'm not a "KJV only guy") Obviously the original Greek is the best.

NKJV is based on the Majority text so it has majority support among the original.

My above question a few posts back was more spiritual. Its sobering to think we will stand before God soon so I'm adjusting my poor attitudes.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,952 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    New King James is also my go to translation but I read various ones all the time. (I'm not a "KJV only guy") Obviously the original Greek is the best.

NKJV is based on the Majority text so it has majority support among the original.

My above question a few posts back was more spiritual. Its sobering to think we will stand before God soon so I'm adjusting my poor attitudes.
    I kind of figured it was more spiritual. Hence why I said I'm leaning on my faith, more than anything. God and I both know I'm a sinner. There's things I struggle with on a regular basis, but I like to think I'm striving for improvement. I feel about as secure as man can feel about his salvation. My biggest concern is for the generation(s) born in the end times.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,930 Posts
    Rep Points

“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.” Philippians 4:8

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts
    Rep Points

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Matthew 11:28

Proverbs 22:6
    6 Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute.
    —Proverbs 31:8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts
    Rep Points

Predetermined life spans..... Thoughts, opinions etc. Do you think God gives us a set amount of time on this planet?

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,952 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by E.J.D View Post
    Predetermined life spans..... Thoughts, opinions etc. Do you think God gives us a set amount of time on this planet?

I think that falls back to the "does God know the future" discussion. IMHO, He's simply already saw your story and mine.

There's some debate about the 120 year life span mentioned in Genesis. Given what we know about ages at death today, it seems to be holding pretty accurate.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,930 Posts
    Rep Points

Good vid that ties together all the elements of the Nephilim. Its rare to find someone that has presented it so thoroughly. He also believes as I do that these are the present day aliens.

THEY'RE FALLEN ANGELS

Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Rep Points

Good vid that ties together all the elements of the Nephilim. Its rare to find someone that has presented it so thoroughly. He also believes as I do that these are the present day aliens.

THEY'RE FALLEN ANGELS
    Very interesting video Heavy. Thanks

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,952 Posts
    Rep Points

THEY'RE FALLEN ANGELS
    This is probably one of the best presentations I've seen on this topic. And almost everything I've studied agrees with it. If you have an ounce of interest in this topic, it's worth taking the 30 mins to watch this video.

So now that we're discussing aliens, let's talk dinosaurs. I've often seriously wondered about the "strange flesh" verse. Yes, it could mean human, homosexual, etc. But part of me wonders if it wasn't bestiality. Was Sodom and Gomorrah bad? Yeah. Were they the only ones practicing homosexuality? Probably not. I can't help but feel like there was something much more significant going on there. Noah's flood had destroyed "everything bad" (likely the dinosaurs) and now Sodom and Gomorrah needed to be destroyed. Why? Were they firing up some Nephilim genetic experiments again? Breeding with beasts to produce a new generation of dinosaurs, etc?

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,952 Posts
    Rep Points

JUST IN - European Union to unveil plans for a bloc-wide "digital wallet" for citizens to access a range of "private and public services" with a single online ID on Wednesday (FT)

“The new digital ID will give all Europeans the keys to their digital twin,” says Thierry Breton, EU commissioner.

How long until you can't log in to social networks without your EU digital ID? Smells like a backdoor approach to end anonymity on the Internet.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8,952 Posts
    Rep Points

Putting this here instead of the ufo thread. Because they are already starting the narrative.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...religions.html

Obama says he 'absolutely' wants to know the truth behind UFOS and believes the US could spend more on weapons and deal with new religions if aliens do exist

'New religions would pop up. And who knows what kind of arguments we get into. We’re good at manufacturing arguments for each other.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts
    Rep Points

Revelation 3:5
    5 The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
    —Galatians 6:2

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,930 Posts
    Rep Points

Middle East Update: How close are we to Gog and Magog?

Read the Rules Please

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,930 Posts
    Rep Points

Isaiah Called to Be a Prophet
    In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one cried to another and said:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
    The whole earth is full of His glory!”

And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.

So I said:

“Woe is me, for I am undone!
    Because I am a man of unclean lips,
    And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
    For my eyes have seen the King,
    The Lord of hosts.”

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said:

“Behold, this has touched your lips;
    Your iniquity is taken away,
    And your sin [b]purged.”

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:

“Whom shall I send,
    And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

And He said, “Go, and tell this people:

‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand;
    Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’

“Make the heart of this people dull,
    And their ears heavy,
    And shut their eyes;
    Lest they see with their eyes,
    And hear with their ears,
    And understand with their heart,
    And return and be healed.”

Then I said, “Lord, how long?”

And He answered:

“Until the cities are laid waste and without inhabitant,
    The houses are without a man,
    The land is utterly desolate,
    The Lord has removed men far away,
    And the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land.
    But yet a tenth will be in it,
    And will return and be for consuming,
    As a terebinth tree or as an oak,
    Whose stump remains when it is cut down.
    So the holy seed shall be its stump.”

Read the Rules Please

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,383 Posts
    Rep Points

You guys in this thread have really helped keep me in check.

Sorry that I don't post alot in here, I don't have much expertise to add, but please know I am still reading.

I'm on ASF enough that this is a good daily reminder for me and I bet others too

Thank you to all of you