• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bible Thread

IML Gear Cream!
Not to sound like a complete idiot but where does one find a John and Romans bible? Also am I gonna be able to understand it or is it written in some old school English stuff? I don’t want to just read it to say I read it. I’d like to understand it as I go.

Sorry, man. I could have explained that better. New King James Version (NKJV) is the *type* of bible I would recommend. It dumps all the old king's english stuff and is written in today's language. Very easy to understand. And it is not so over simplified that it leaves stuff out and sounds like a little kids bible.

John and Romans are two of the books within the bible. Like all those "John 3:16" signs you see people holding up at the football games. If I could only pick two books of the bible to read, it would be them. Romans is used so frequently in reference to salvation, there is a term commonly used for it: The Romans Road to Salvation. It won't take you too long to read both those books of the bible. And it will give you an excellent perspective of what the overall tone and message of scripture points to.

I'm gonna send you a PM.

I second the NKJV Bible. Its modern language but has a decent degree of accuracy.

Personally I would read the New Testament in order. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are all accounts of the life of Christ from different perspectives. Because of this there is some repetition in the accounts and repetition is the best teacher. Acts is next and there is a giant curve ball in there that makes the other books more understandable. Then Romans which is probably the absolute height of theology.

Anyway, the most important thing is to read scripture often. Its the primary way we hear and listen to God. After a chapter or two I would spend some time just thinking about what you read and then talk to God about it. You will never be the same.

Copy and Paste. Saw this somewhere and wanted to share.

I think it's safe to say that in the past two years, we've all been struck with fear at some point. Unfortunately, our children are not immune to that fear. Though this world gives us plenty of things to be afraid of, our God is bigger than it all! Psalm 27:1 says "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

See that’s where I’m afraid I struggle. I’m not sure what that means really. I think your saying with God having your back you don’t need to fear anyone or anything but I’m not 100%.

Copy and Paste. Saw this somewhere and wanted to share.

I think it's safe to say that in the past two years, we've all been struck with fear at some point. Unfortunately, our children are not immune to that fear. Though this world gives us plenty of things to be afraid of, our God is bigger than it all! Psalm 27:1 says "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

See that’s where I’m afraid I struggle. I’m not sure what that means really. I think your saying with God having your back you don’t need to fear anyone or anything but I’m not 100%.

^ Exactly. "Do not fear" is the most common command/theme given in the bible. Time and again, we are told not to fear.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

That's not to say we won't have trials and tribulations in life. We will. To quote someone else: "Living is hard. No one has survived it yet." But fear paralyzes us and doesn't allow us to move or to grow. Fear leads to inactivity because we are afraid to do something or how we will do it, etc...or worse, we move backwards in retreat. The whole bible is geared towards "love God and love your neighbor" but for some reason we have to be told "do not fear" more than anything else. Fear is an all too common response to things.

There is no reconciling the marriage. I find her repulsive. She is venomous and disgusting. I'm just hanging on until my daughter moves out. Thanks for your thoughts anyway.

Have you gotten to the part in the Bible where Jesus says our enemies are those in our own household, or the word of the gospel is foolishness to the world? I was reborn at 35 and my (ex) wasn’t and it was absolutely miserable and she finally divorced me and took all she could. She couldn’t take my treasures in heaven though and I now have a wife that loves Jesus and the word and me. I hope you know Jesus and His peace and life and have that unspeakable joy described in the Word. He is the King and Savior and is coming back for His own

I'm posting these here as an example of the difference between king james and new king james versions:
- John 3:3-8

King James
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

NKJV
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Yeah that’s a huge difference for me anyway. There’s no way I could read an entire Bible if I can’t understand half of what they are saying. My NKJV is supposed to be at my doorstep on Thursday.

I'm posting these here as an example of the difference between king james and new king james versions:
- John 3:3-8

King James
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

NKJV
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

Ok another super dumb question or questions. Sorry. So in order to be in good standing with God do I have to go to an actual church and if I did decide to join one how do I know which one is right? I mean what’s the main difference between a Catholic and a Christian? Does all the main religions use the same God? Is that what separates the religion or is it something different? I’m not Jewish so I’m assuming I gotta be either Catholic or Christian. I always thought being a Christian meant you believed in god. Maybe I’m overthinking it? My head is already starting to hurt. Lol

Ok another super dumb question or questions. Sorry. So in order to be in good standing with God do I have to go to an actual church and if I did decide to join one how do I know which one is right? I mean what’s the main difference between a Catholic and a Christian? Does all the main religions use the same God? Is that what separates the religion or is it something different? I’m not Jewish so I’m assuming I gotta be either Catholic or Christian. I always thought being a Christian meant you believed in god. Maybe I’m overthinking it? My head is already starting to hurt. Lol

If it were me... Don't worry about joining a church just yet. Read the Word and see what it means to *you*. That way...when and if you decide to join a church, you will know if it falls in line with the way you have read things. Too many religions first two goals are: "new converts means new money" and "indoctrinate the newcomers to OUR beliefs".

Now then...you've probably opened a can of worms by asking for the difference between catholics and christians. Technically, catholicism is a christian religion. Christian simply meaning those who believe Christ is the Son of God (yes, there's more that goes into that, but we're keeping it simple). Now then...christians pretty much fall into two categories. Catholic and protestant. Again, read the Word and see what it means to *you* first. There are good and bad people in ANY religion. Virtually any christian church that is NOT catholic considers themselves protestants of some shape, form, or fashion.

Get Shredded!
Im already starting to think I should enroll myself in one of those Sunday schools for children. Those 10yr old kids probably already know more about this stuff than me. Lol

If it were me... Don't worry about joining a church just yet. Read the Word and see what it means to *you*. That way...when and if you decide to join a church, you will know if it falls in line with the way you have read things. Too many religions first two goals are: "new converts means new money" and "indoctrinate the newcomers to OUR beliefs".

Now then...you've probably opened a can of worms by asking for the difference between catholics and christians. Technically, catholicism is a christian religion. Christian simply meaning those who believe Christ is the Son of God (yes, there's more that goes into that, but we're keeping it simple). Now then...christians pretty much fall into two categories. Catholic and protestant. Again, read the Word and see what it means to *you* first. There are good and bad people in ANY religion. Virtually any christian church that is NOT catholic considers themselves protestants of some shape, form, or fashion.

Im already starting to think I should enroll myself in one of those Sunday schools for children. Those 10yr old kids probably already know more about this stuff than me. Lol

I think you'll be surprised when you start reading. The wisdom will come when it needs to. The more amazing aspect is when you continue to have wisdom revealed to you further down the road when you read it a second, third, fourth, etc time.

Isaiah 40:29
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

A man’s gift makes room for him, And brings him before great men.
Proverbs 18:16

Sorry, man. I could have explained that better. New King James Version (NKJV) is the *type* of bible I would recommend. It dumps all the old king's english stuff and is written in today's language. Very easy to understand. And it is not so over simplified that it leaves stuff out and sounds like a little kids bible.

John and Romans are two of the books within the bible. Like all those "John 3:16" signs you see people holding up at the football games. If I could only pick two books of the bible to read, it would be them. Romans is used so frequently in reference to salvation, there is a term commonly used for it: The Romans Road to Salvation. It won't take you too long to read both those books of the bible. And it will give you an excellent perspective of what the overall tone and message of scripture points to.

I'm gonna send you a PM.
I would also recommend starting with John.
One of my preferred ways to read/study is to take a chapter and read it in its entirety. Then to I read all of the notes from my study bible that go with it. After that I go back and read the chapter again.
It seems redundant, but that’s the point.
John 20:30–31 — The New King James Version (NKJV)

30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Yahweh, Allah, and God are words that describe the one and only. They are the same “entity”.

there are many differences between Judaism, Islam and Christianity but the biggest separation of these monotheistic “theologies” is that Jesus was the messiah sent by God to provide an avenue for human beings to access eternal life within the realm of Gods grace.

Judaism rejects this idea and says that God hasn’t returned yet and Islam sees Jesus as merely a man or messenger of God and Mohammed as a prophet.

it gets deeper that this but it’s a good start to understand that when Jews, Christian’s and Muslims pray… they are praying to the same God.

if you want to get even deeper, take a look at Mesopotamian polytheistic religions and practices… it’ll help you learn how the devil works himself into our lives through deceit and trickery. You can also understand the Old Testament a lot better when you understand the reason behind a lot of Judaic law which most non believers try to use to discredit those who have faith in God. A lot of atheists love to recite scripture in Leviticus but fail to acknowledge the past as being much different than our present society…. And quite similar at the same time.

the rabbit hole is deep but I get the feeling you like that sort of thing.

God is good bro! And scripture can be fun (if your into history like I am) … crazy good times in that there Bible!

Oh… one more thing. You can YouTube “the Bible project” … these two dudes break down both old and new testaments in like a story video like format that really do wonders to get you to understand a bit easier. I sometimes reference them when my kids ask questions that I can’t really answer.

They also stay more engaged through the Bible project videos because the cartoon like drawings keep their attention better.

Yahweh, Allah, and God are words that describe the one and only. They are the same “entity”.

there are many differences between Judaism, Islam and Christianity but the biggest separation of these monotheistic “theologies” is that Jesus was the messiah sent by God to provide an avenue for human beings to access eternal life within the realm of Gods grace.

Judaism rejects this idea and says that God hasn’t returned yet and Islam sees Jesus as merely a man or messenger of God and Mohammed as a prophet.

it gets deeper that this but it’s a good start to understand that when Jews, Christian’s and Muslims pray… they are praying to the same God.

if you want to get even deeper, take a look at Mesopotamian polytheistic religions and practices… it’ll help you learn how the devil works himself into our lives through deceit and trickery. You can also understand the Old Testament a lot better when you understand the reason behind a lot of Judaic law which most non believers try to use to discredit those who have faith in God. A lot of atheists love to recite scripture in Leviticus but fail to acknowledge the past as being much different than our present society…. And quite similar at the same time.

God is good bro! And scripture can be fun (if your into history like I am) … crazy good times in that there Bible!
Jesus is God so when others reject Him in their understanding of God, they are rejecting God Himself. Jesus emptied Himself and became a man to take our punishment IF we believe in Him.

All other "gods" are false gods.

I Will Exalt You, My God and King
A Psalm of praise. Of David.a
1 I will exalt You, my God and King;
I will bless Your name forever and ever.
2 Every day I will bless You,
and I will praise Your name forever and ever.
3 Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised;
His greatness is unsearchable.
4 One generation will commend Your works to the next,
and will proclaim Your mighty acts—
5 the glorious splendor of Your majesty.
And I will meditate on Your wondrous works.
6 They will proclaim the power of Your awesome deeds,
and I will declare Your greatness.
7 They will extol the fame of Your abundant goodness
and sing joyfully of Your righteousness.
8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in loving devotion.
9 The LORD is good to all;
His compassion rests on all He has made.
10 All You have made will give You thanks, O LORD,
and Your saints will bless You.
11 They will tell of the glory of Your kingdom
and speak of Your might,
12 to make known to men Your mighty acts
and the glorious splendor of Your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
and Your dominion endures through all generations.
The LORD is faithful in all His words
and kind in all His actions.b
14 The LORD upholds all who fall
and lifts up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to You,
and You give them their food in season.
16 You open Your hand
and satisfy the desire of every living thing.
17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways
and kind in all His deeds.
18 The LORD is near to all who call on Him,
to all who call out to Him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him;
He hears their cry and saves them.
20 The LORD preserves all who love Him,
but all the wicked He will destroy.
21 My mouth will declare the praise of the LORD;
let every creature bless His holy name
forever and ever.

Footnotes:

1 a This psalm is an acrostic poem, each verse beginning with the successive letters of the Hebrew alphabet.
13 b The final two lines are supplied by one MT manuscript, LXX, Syriac, and DSS.

Psalm 145 BSB (biblehub.com)

IML Gear Cream!
Jordan Peterson on Joe Rogan....

It's interesting to watch him being transformed by scripture. Just saw this vid below today. You can see his enlightenment happening in real time.

I was kind of iffy when I first started watching Peterson's videos. But I have to say...the guy is sharp and I don't think I've ever skipped through any of his videos.

When people like him speak, I pay attention. Thomas Sowell is another one. They are amazing intellectuals and a couple of the true mental giants of our time.

When people like him speak, I pay attention. Thomas Sowell is another one. They are amazing intellectuals and a couple of the true mental giants of our time.
Thomas blows my mind i wish a lot of poverty minded people could see what his words mean but they just keep making him out to be some type of sell out or uncle sam

By Grace Through Faith
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Interesting video on the middle east current geopolitical situation. Ezekiel 38 is VERY close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iof1Y2X_FfU

Pastor Jack and Amir Tsarfati will discuss God’s Word in light of current events.

YHWH
Behold the hands
Behold the nails

We had a guest speaker last week preach on the ancient Hebrew and its meaning, today I was researching the new court building in Israel and noticed this video on the same channel. So I clicked on it. In the last 6 days I have heard a completely unique message from two completely unrelated sources containing the same content or conclusions.

Yeah that’s a huge difference for me anyway. There’s no way I could read an entire Bible if I can’t understand half of what they are saying. My NKJV is supposed to be at my doorstep on Thursday.
Did you get the book? Read anything?

Absolutely not. The Gods of these religions are not the same. The Christian God is triune, the others are explicitly not. The religions of Islam and Judaism have had a chance to consider Jesus' claims and rejected them outright. We do not pray to the same God. The fact that we all use the term God doesn't mean we're talking about the same entity. Imagine I asked you if you knew Jesus and you said, "Yes, he's my mexican auto mechanic." Ok, well that's not the Jesus of the bible that I was referring to. The fact that they have the same name means nothing. Lots of people share a name.

Back