Thread: Bible Thread

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13,139 Posts
    Rep Points

Respectfully, I'm going to ask that we keep this thread on topic. I'd ask the same thing if someone posed a biblical question or topic in another thread. We've done a pretty good job of keeping this thread on track and I'd like to keep it that way.

Ecclesiastes 1:17
    New King James Version
    17 And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is grasping for the wind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    Respectfully, I'm going to ask that we keep this thread on topic. I'd ask the same thing if someone posed a biblical question or topic in another thread. We've done a pretty good job of keeping this thread on track and I'd like to keep it that way.

Ecclesiastes 1:17
    New King James Version
    17 And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also is grasping for the wind.
    Your right, Iím sorry. Iíll start another thread.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,340 Posts
    Rep Points

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13,139 Posts
    Rep Points

A good friend brought up a topic near and dear to my heart...sex. Here is a little something from scripture:

1 Corinthians 7:3-5
    New King James Version

3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5 Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,340 Posts
    Rep Points

Bride will be Raptured during a Feast of Trumpets "Rosh Hashanah" by Mark Biltz

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,276 Posts
    Rep Points

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
    Galatians 2:20

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
    óRomans 8:26

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    764 Posts
    Rep Points

I have started attending a menís group every Thursday morning and Iím going to start sharing the message for you guys just to try and revive this thread. Thereís so much negativity out there and Iíd love to be able to offer you guys positivity through the Word of God and hopefully make a impact on your day. Have a blessed day everyone!

Todayís message was about your personal identity, meaning what you identify yourself and relate with, and what that looks like as a Christian.

Ephesians 2:1-5
    2 1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)

So, with this passage weíre looking at what Paul has to say about us as mankind. He gives us some hard truths here, the first of which is that we are ďdeadĒ in our sinful nature. All of us are broken and imperfect, consumed with a hole that we try to fill with everything of this world: women, money, materialistic possessions. We have been separated by God by sin, and we cannot fill the God-sized hole.
    But the second truth here is that even with all of our flaws, our sins, God still loved us without us having to earn that love, and gave us a way to come back to His grace through Jesus Christ and the Crucifixion.

This is our identity as Christians. That we are imperfect sinners, but we have a Heavenly Father that loves us with such intensity that he saved us even before we knew what we needed to be saved from.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,340 Posts
    Rep Points

Logged in to Sacred Space this morning and this was todays practicing the presence of God. Time is short.

Presence

Lord, you are always there
    waiting for me.
    May I never be too busy to
    find time to spend in your presence.

Freedom

Lord, guide me always
    to do your holy will
    knowing that your strength
    will carry me through.

Consciousness

How do I find myself today?
    Where am I with God? With others?
    Do I have something to be grateful for? Then I give thanks.
    Is there something I am sorry for? Then I ask forgiveness.

The Word of God

Matthew 24:42-51
    Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But understand this: if the owner of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour.
    'Who then is the faithful and wise slave, whom his master has put in charge of his household, to give the other slaves their allowance of food at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master will find at work when he arrives. Truly I tell you, he will put that one in charge of all his possessions. But if that wicked slave says to himself, "My master is delayed", and he begins to beat his fellow-slaves, and eats and drinks with drunkards, the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour that he does not know. He will cut him in pieces and put him with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Conversation

How has God's Word moved me?
    Has it left me cold?
    Has it consoled me or moved me to act in a new way?
    I imagine Jesus standing or sitting beside me,
    I turn and share my feelings with him.

Conclusion

I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for any insights I may have been given concerning the text.

https://www.sacredspace.ie/

Read the Rules Please

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13,139 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentino View Post
    I have started attending a menís group every Thursday morning and Iím going to start sharing the message for you guys just to try and revive this thread. Thereís so much negativity out there and Iíd love to be able to offer you guys positivity through the Word of God and hopefully make a impact on your day. Have a blessed day everyone!

Todayís message was about your personal identity, meaning what you identify yourself and relate with, and what that looks like as a Christian.

Ephesians 2:1-5
    2 1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)

So, with this passage weíre looking at what Paul has to say about us as mankind. He gives us some hard truths here, the first of which is that we are ďdeadĒ in our sinful nature. All of us are broken and imperfect, consumed with a hole that we try to fill with everything of this world: women, money, materialistic possessions. We have been separated by God by sin, and we cannot fill the God-sized hole.
    But the second truth here is that even with all of our flaws, our sins, God still loved us without us having to earn that love, and gave us a way to come back to His grace through Jesus Christ and the Crucifixion.

This is our identity as Christians. That we are imperfect sinners, but we have a Heavenly Father that loves us with such intensity that he saved us even before we knew what we needed to be saved from.
    Glad to have the participation!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    255 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Bride will be Raptured during a Feast of Trumpets "Rosh Hashanah" by Mark Biltz

Mark Biltz is awesome!! Always followed his church

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,635 Posts
    Rep Points

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,340 Posts
    Rep Points

Gog of Magog inserting itself (Ezekiel 38) Russia is a key player in the final war. We are so close.

Syrian air defenses downed 22 Israeli missiles fired from Lebanese airspace Ė Russian Defense Ministry

https://www.rt.com/russia/532686-syr...s-22-missiles/

Read the Rules Please

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13,139 Posts
    Rep Points

Proverbs 16:9
    New King James Version

A manís heart plans his way,
    But the Lord directs his steps.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,635 Posts
    Rep Points

A friend of mine who is big into religion and theology

She says that the Afghanistan debacle is intentional on Bidens end (I agree to this)

She states that it fulfills Biblical prophecy in Revelation and that The Taliban via Afghanistan was armed to the teeth intentionally so that the Islamic State along with various Nations will attack Israel.

I don't know if this is accurate. Thoughts?

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13,139 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GYMnTONIC View Post
    A friend of mine who is big into religion and theology

She says that the Afghanistan debacle is intentional on Bidens end (I agree to this)

She states that it fulfills Biblical prophecy in Revelation and that The Taliban via Afghanistan was armed to the teeth intentionally so that the Islamic State along with various Nations will attack Israel.

I don't know if this is accurate. Thoughts?
    I think we've discussed this lightly before...but...there is a definite viable argument for a muslim vs christianity (and israel) apocalypse. The taliban would be a very small part in that though. In my opinion. Yes, we left a lot of equipment over there, but not nearly enough to take on israel. Their best bet in using it would be to pose as legit US personnel and use it for infiltration. Anything else and they would get swatted like flies. I don't think they would have enough "trojan horses" to accomplish much. Israel is used to dealing with these militant goat herders and does not use kid gloves. They would break out the big guns first and ask questions later.