Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1453

Thread: Bible Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,266 Posts
    Rep Points

Genesis 50:20 NKJV
    But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

Twat Waffle Inspector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,862 Posts
    Rep Points

. . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,334 Posts
    Rep Points

I was talking to a man at church this last Sunday and he lamented that he could not understand Satan rejecting God after being with Him for millenniums. I responded that I don't think Satan was very old when he rebelled. I told him I didn't think Satan knew God very well. I think Satan was brand new. Similarly I think Adam and Eve sinned VERY soon after being made. All men were born into sin, even Cain. Since Adam and Eve were naked and there was no football on TV. They likely were doing a ton of banging. After all, God told them the bang away and multiply. Since Cain was born into sin they fell quickly. Bob Enyart first introduced me to this concept back in the 90's.

https://kgov.com/files/docs/RSF-Frid...13th-study.pdf

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,941 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    I was talking to a man at church this last Sunday and he lamented that he could not understand Satan rejecting God after being with Him for millenniums. I responded that I don't think Satan was very old when he rebelled. I told him I didn't think Satan knew God very well. I think Satan was brand new. Similarly I think Adam and Eve sinned VERY soon after being made. All men were born into sin, even Cain. Since Adam and Eve were naked and there was no football on TV. They likely were doing a ton of banging. After all, God told them the bang away and multiply. Since Cain was born into sin they fell quickly. Bob Enyart first introduced me to this concept back in the 90's.

https://kgov.com/files/docs/RSF-Frid...13th-study.pdf
    All part of the plan.

Some things I wonder about (more questions for heaven). Who was satan really tempting/testing? Was satan testing God to see if He would instantly smite the new sinners? Was satan trying to prove a point that people with free will would choose his lifestyle over God's? After all, satan craved followers. Evidently there must be *some* free will besides mankind, because a third of the angels followed him. And somehow or another they think they can win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,266 Posts
    Rep Points

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
    Psalm 118:8 - KJV

Acts 4:31
    31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.

John 11:40 NKJV
    Jesus said to her, "Did I not say to you that if you would believe you would see the glory of God?"

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,334 Posts
    Rep Points

https://www.facebook.com/GodInANutsh...1598938986033/

Nachash: Seed of the Serpent (Documentary)

Nachash Seed of the Serpent is a Genesis Documentary by Trey Smith. An extended version and other films at: https://godinanutshell.com/

Please know we also VERY VERY much accept donations, these films are a bit of work guys. ~trey https://godinanutshell.com/product/donate-god-nutshell/

The word Nachash is the actual Hebrew word for serpent used in the Book of Genesis. Nachash actually has three uses in one.

Nachash:
    As a noun, it means serpent.
    As a verb, it means to divine; the nachash
    means the diviner.As an adjective, it means shining; the nachash means the shining one.

Biblical Hebrew there is a strong connection between the ‘Nachash’ and dark supernatural forces. The Biblical Hebrew word for ‘sorcery’ or ‘witchcraft’ is serpent, meaning "Nachash".

So, this is a documentary on Genesis about that angelic, serpentine, shining one. We will also be looking at the Enuma Elish which also seems to tell us about this otherworldly Nachash serpent, called the Tiamat in Akkadian.

Genesis 3:
    Now the serpent (Nachash) was more crafty (Arum) than any other beast of the field that the Lord God had made.

Nachash said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” 2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, 3 but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” 4 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Nachash: Seed of the Serpent has a run time of roughly 1 hour 35 minutes. This documentary is part II of the Genesis series by the God in Nutshell project.

Over at God in a Nutshell there is an EXTREMELY extended version of this film. Additionally, the part I of the Genesis series, "Garments from the Garden of God," also is available for immediate streaming.

Nachash: Seed of the Serpent is a film by Trey Smith.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate any illegal activity.
    Read the Rules Please

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,334 Posts
    Rep Points

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself. And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God….. And He hath on His vesture, and on His thigh, a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords”.

Read the Rules Please

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,941 Posts
    Rep Points

You guys know I follow a lot of news. The uptick in earthquakes, volcano eruptions, meteors, etc has been crazy these last few months. I've never been a "the end is nigh" kind of person, but it has been making me think twice.

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,334 Posts
    Rep Points

Read the Rules Please

Community Veteran
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,334 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Multislacking View Post
    You guys know I follow a lot of news. The uptick in earthquakes, volcano eruptions, meteors, etc has been crazy these last few months. I've never been a "the end is nigh" kind of person, but it has been making me think twice.
    Do you have the statistics? I saw some stuff yesterday on the uptick but I was unable to determine if it was true.

If we are near the end is there anything you are doing different? I was thinking this weekend how I need to be more sensitive to other peoples needs around me.

Read the Rules Please

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,941 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Do you have the statistics? I saw some stuff yesterday on the uptick but I was unable to determine if it was true.

If we are near the end is there anything you are doing different? I was thinking this weekend how I need to be more sensitive to other peoples needs around me.
    No stats. Purely personal observation that there seems to be a lot going on.

As far as prepping, I'm about as prepped as reasonably possible without going overboard. I don't subject the family to "doom and gloom" so if the time truly comes, there will have to be a sit down discussion. I don't want to sound like the grasshopper in the grasshopper and ant story, but faith will be my biggest shield. After all, I could be laying up a hoard for others to simply plunder, and then what would it have benefitted? "Give us *this* day our daily bread."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,374 Posts
    Rep Points

Do they make a dumb downed version of the Bible so stupid fucks like me can maybe understand half of what you guys are talking about?

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,941 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    Do they make a dumb downed version of the Bible so stupid fucks like me can maybe understand half of what you guys are talking about?
    I'm a big fan of the New King James Version (NKJV for short). It drops all the "king's english", so it is very straightforward. The super easy reading ones, american standard, etc tend to booger up some passages so much that it takes on a whole different meaning. Sometimes, they will also flat out add things that were never in the original text.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,374 Posts
    Rep Points

King James Version. Isn’t that the one that Denzel Washington was carrying to the West Coast in the movie “The book of Eli”?

Sorry just watched that for the first time last week.

ASF MVP
    SUPER MOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12,941 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by AR-15 View Post
    King James Version. Isn’t that the one that Denzel Washington was carrying to the West Coast in the movie “The book of Eli”?

Sorry just watched that for the first time last week.
    If memory serves me, yes. That was a pretty good flick. Not super believable as a premise, but the movie was entertaining.