• Hello, please REGISTER and become a member of our community! You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!

10 months

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
72848C2D-BC17-48D9-9384-966E59AA4A7B.jpegso here is where I’m at after 10 months . After a 20+ year break from touching a weight or going to a gym and turning 50. I definitely feel better and look better , my diet is good and it’s coming along . I just wish it would fall if faster (5’10, 230 lbs currently) ! Im confident in the next 2 or 3 months the spare tire should be gone( mostly).

PS, it’s a real pain in the to try and flex and take a pic at the same time !

Jbswole40

Board Rep
Reaction score
Looking ripped..hit that cardio & abs every morning and check diet u will rid that lower fat.im 40 & only fat I have is obliques & some in lower ab area just a stubborn area.Right about flexing & pic 😆.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
50 is a HUGE change..40 was great...
For Me..less is MORE..
I lean more on proper eating habits,cutting things that cause problems..more cardio for overall health..

50 puts you in an awkward place..
A1C...Tri's..RBC..HR..PB..and that's just some things to stay on top OF..
And rules out many compounds due to Risk vs. Reward..

You better know what the Hell you're doing..running gear above 50..or you WON'T be doing it long..lol

P.S.
I'm digging those Leopard print..whatever it is hanging..yeah I'm a sick F..
Z...

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
Your spot on about cardio . That’s the one thing I do not do at all . 5 days a week my diet is strict , surprised I can keep muscle . I stay at jyst over 1200 cal a day . cottage cheese and tuna fish 2x a day , occasionally a handful of nuts , and a 32 oz protein shake after workout/before bed . On the weekend I will eat a burger and fries or pizza with the family . Cardio will start tomorrow !!

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
Right on Z, I ran blood work about 3-1/2 months ago and Dr put me on 250 mlgs test a week . So that’s where I’m at with gear currently. Just looking to tighten myself up , get a 2 pack maybe even 4 !! I don’t feel the need to get bigger , everything hurts as it is !!

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
50 is a HUGE change..40 was great...
For Me..less is MORE..
I lean more on proper eating habits,cutting things that cause problems..more cardio for overall health..

50 puts you in an awkward place..
A1C...Tri's..RBC..HR..PB..and that's just some things to stay on top OF..
And rules out many compounds due to Risk vs. Reward..

You better know what the Hell you're doing..running gear above 50..or you WON'T be doing it long..lol

P.S.
I'm digging those Leopard print..whatever it is hanging..yeah I'm a sick F..
Z...
Hahaha, that’s mommas hear towel thingy ( well, maybe it’s mine 😉😂😂)

Wiseguy

Registered Member
Reaction score
I am 57. 8 days out from my next competition. I do cardio 7 days a week no exception. I am not on a diet but don't eat carbs, thats just my life style. 5 or 6% bodyfat. No cholestrol, HBP or any other issues and I credit the cardio and no carb to it. I have a pre contest log going and attaching the link for pics. Let me know if you need help with anything. Best of luck to you.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
My towel..Your towel...lol
Z...

Jbswole40

Board Rep
Reaction score
Def jump on that cardio heart health is important. 1200 calories is low.not sure what u do during the day or what your bmr is that Def seems like major deficit..I personally can't go no carb have b4 but felt like total shit at work.drop weight for 6 weeks then got back on carbs.

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
I’m currently about 150 G protein a day, 30-40 g of carbs

Jbswole40

Board Rep
Reaction score
will get there bro.took me about 5 r 6 weeks wasn't counting my macros as much then but yeah high protein &like maybe a banana and vegetable that's it..no bread rice or potatoes lots of cardio.dedication,determined,discipline is what it takes.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
will get there bro.took me about 5 r 6 weeks wasn't counting my macros as much then but yeah high protein &like maybe a banana and vegetable that's it..no bread rice or potatoes lots of cardio.dedication,determined,discipline is what it takes.

Yeah...F that..I hate starving..did enough when growing up..poor AF..
Good to see you back around BigDaddy..Cane..lol

Just the other day..we were fighting..now friends..crazy ass FORUM..

Try Brother to find something that you enjoy..you will do it more often..cardio doesn't have to be something you dread..
Z...

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
Yeah...F that..I hate starving..did enough when growing up..poor AF..
Good to see you back around BigDaddy..Cane..lol

Just the other day..we were fighting..now friends..crazy ass FORUM..

Try Brother to find something that you enjoy..you will do it more often..cardio doesn't have to be something you dread..
Z...
Another reason for my “ better health journey “ , my wife and I waited to have kids . So my oldest daughter just turned 15, (as most kids there into every sport possible) . she asked if I’d go for a run with her today , I guess it starts today !!

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Today is that Day...
Stock up on those anti-inflammatories..lol
Ebson Salt will be your newest best friend..lol..
Z...

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
I am 57. 8 days out from my next competition. I do cardio 7 days a week no exception. I am not on a diet but don't eat carbs, thats just my life style. 5 or 6% bodyfat. No cholestrol, HBP or any other issues and I credit the cardio and no carb to it. I have a pre contest log going and attaching the link for pics. Let me know if you need help with anything. Best of luck to you.

I work 2nd shift in a foundry (maintenance), so there is my biggest hurdle . Temps above 100 every day and some days 130 . So I really don’t feel like eating . But I want to get what I need , so thats why I try to stick to east and small meals like can of tuna and cottage cheese . And most of the time I don’t feel like eating that . I almost feel I would be better off skipping these meals and just adding in protein shakes in there place . I know I’m in a massive calorie deficit , so far I’m ok with it ( surprised I havnt lost more muscle ) . But until I can reach my goal of a few abs showing I will stay in it . And then hopefully increase protein intake and maybe gain some , but abs come first !

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
Hey Z, when I get my next bloods done as long as everything is good , I have to add tren !only sides I get from it is an increas In estro and my AI ended up taking care of that , and the other side effect , momma likes !!

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Have you ran DHB before..??
A nice alternative to Tren low sides..
Z...

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
I havnt. I have read/heard a lot about it . Probably will try it eventually.

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
DHB is a nice replacement for Tren for older guys..nice results without a ton of Sides..
I've ran it with Test and NPP..
And hope to run it again soon..

If you run Tren above 50...be mindful of ALL Markers..stay safe..I have a 3 yr old bottle I'll never use..

How was the Run..??
Tomorrow will be Fun..sore??
👍 Luck
Z...

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
DHB is a nice replacement for Tren for older guys..nice results without a ton of Sides..
I've ran it with Test and NPP..
And hope to run it again soon..

If you run Tren above 50...be mindful of ALL Markers..stay safe..I have a 3 yr old bottle I'll never use..

How was the Run..??
Tomorrow will be Fun..sore??
👍 Luck
Z...
Wasn’t to bad . 1.5 Mile was a good start . Now to keep it going !!!

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Damn that's good...a great start..
I miss my kids growing..some of the Best Times in mine and my kids LIFE..
Enjoy every minute..
Z...

Bigdaddyjak

Registered Member
Reaction score
Never thought it would b hard to keep up with a 15 ur old girl. 🤣🤣🤣
I have always hated running , hard. To believe people actually like to do it ( my wife has ran a marathon about a year ago ) . To me it’s utter torcher , but it is necessary. People say ride the bike, use the stepper ! I don’t enjoy any aerobic . but to me , I feel I get a better workout running .

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
50 is such a huge hurdle..The body(mine) started to rapidly change...and the only thing that reset things quickly was..cardio..
Z...

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in. I'm 58(be 59 in August). I can't eat nowhere near what I could in my 30s or even 40s. I'm 5 10 205. Just try to eat good stuff. Lean beef, tuna and other fish. Snack on fruit- bananas, grapes- shit that's easy to eat on the run. My gear consists of test, a little deca for joints, proviron and a little mast. That's pretty much it- think the provi and mast keep me pretty tight. BUT- not sure it's the best cocktail for the old hairline. The way I look at it is ive pretty much gotten what I needed from it anyway- not planning on entering any beauty contests in the near future-lol. Maybe a hairy gorilla look alike contest. Definitely win that or place high-lol. But seriously been doing the aforementioned stuff for awhile and just had a physical and everything is gtg. Glad to see I'm not the only " mature" guy who still has something left- lol. Good luck bro- and I hope u hang around awhile-HR

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
Btw- no cardio for me except work and I have an 8 year old- not sure how that happened- Geesh-need my head examined- but we already knew that. Wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING. I do get in over 12000 steps a day at work so....

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Btw- no cardio for me except work and I have an 8 year old- not sure how that happened- Geesh-need my head examined- but we already knew that. Wouldn't trade her for ANYTHING. I do get in over 12000 steps a day at work so....

Damn..Rod..60 soon..??
You could start a sub..
Dead and Buried...

But Really
A little cardio will extend your LIFE..
Plus that Angle needs you..
So do what you have TO..
Z...

hot rod

Registered Member
Reaction score
I could tuck my dick between my legs. Don't have to worry about the boys. They've been missing since about...1986 Maybe- lol. I would make one ugly ass hairy tranny-no doubt-lol

zionoir626

Registered Member
Reaction score
Sorry...big daddy cane..
Rod and I go..waaay back..
We joke..poke fun..but are great Friends..

Didn't mean to hijack..lol

But back on Cardio..
If I do a moderate 3x wk...15-30 mins..
ALL of my markers return to Normal Range(my normals)..
That's without any meds except BP..I could bring that below,where I Could get OFF..BP meds but that's a tricky marker as you age..a spike or two..and that's Game..

Blood Pressure is a silent Killer..
Z...