• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What’s the hardest moment in your memory in the past 2 years?

rawsandgh

Board Rep
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
It’s destined to be extraordinary in the past 2 years due to 19-Coronavirus. What’s the hardest moment in your memory?

Bro I could write a book. I had surgery in 2019 during this mess. Then got covid 4 months after. It's been wild.

Listening to the oncologist tell me and my wife that my daughter has leukemia. Listening to my wife cry herself to sleep in the hospital bed next to my scared daughter. Hearing her tell me “this is a nightmare come true”…. And my daughter asking me “am I going to die daddy?”

tough moment.

Listening to the oncologist tell me and my wife that my daughter has leukemia. Listening to my wife cry herself to sleep in the hospital bed next to my scared daughter. Hearing her tell me “this is a nightmare come true”…. And my daughter asking me “am I going to die daddy?”

tough moment.

Yeah... no topping that shit

tough moment.

So sorry bro, that’s so fucked, I couldn’t imagine, just the thought is crippling. How is she doing ? Hope she beats it, stay strong for that girl. My thoughts are with you.

Despite this world going to fucking shit over the last few years, everything within my little bubble of a life has only gotten better (knock on wood). Family and family life is healthy and strong, my head is straight, I’m sober, eating healthy, looking the best I ever have… shits looking up for me. Before I had my kids though man I was such a train wreck. Glad I found my way out. I really owe these kids more than they’ll ever realize. Not trying to toot my horn or anything but I really don’t have anything to say in regards to the hardest moment. I still have my days and I still get stressed out crazy bad sometimes but it’s only a temporary moment.

Omg Milford.
That's horrible. Im very sorry.

tough moment.
Never want to get C but if I did I'd want this kind. My neighbor was diagnosed when we were in elementary school. He was a dick then and 25 years later he's still a dick. Take that with a grain of salt because that still sucks for your family and I hope it all works out in the end.

Never want to get C but if I did I'd want this kind. My neighbor was diagnosed when we were in elementary school. He was a dick then and 25 years later he's still a dick. Take that with a grain of salt because that still sucks for your family and I hope it all works out in the end.
Fuck I'm 39...so 30 years later he's still a dick.

Last 2 years my Mom getting stage 4 cancer.
Last 6 years my Dad passing away.

Definitely has not been easy. But I think most of us use the gym as an escape, or a way to deal with stress. And thats why this community is great, the gym will always be here for all of us iron brothers to share and spread knowledge about.

Yep we’ve come a long way with treatments and recovering. My princess is doing fine. Still in chemo, caught covid 3 weeks ago and recovered (which I am extremely thankful for) still on schedule to be off chemo by next spring, after almost 2 years of treatments. Knock on wood !! Don’t like talking about it much cuz I feel like I jinx myself.

it was just a really difficult moment in my life, not the first or the last but damn sure the most memorable. Another thing that sucks is the fact that she (as well as me and her mom) will always have this fear of it coming back or the fear of increased risk as she ages for other forms of cancer. Which, I guess, is a better deal than the original fear/alternative.

so I am a very grateful man for as bad of a time that was/is…. It coulda been worse.

family is the most important thing in the universe as far as I’m concerned. I feel so bad for the moms and dads who have had to experience a funeral for their own young innocent child.

anyways… wasn’t trying to outdo anyone’s else tough times. Everyone has had their own battles in life. And I’ll truly appreciative to all the support I got and still get from my brothers in iron here at ASF.

I won’t ever forget it and you’ll always have a place in my enlarged aching heart.

Try to make the best of everyday you get above ground!!

MK I am glad things are working out. I don't even know how much internal fortitude it took for you to be a strong enough man for your family in that situation. My hat is truly off to you...

Monster Maker glad you are are staying sober. Same here....

Sorry to all that lost loved ones....

I had not admitted this to except one person on this site in P.M.

My most memorable just happened the past month. I got kicked out of Nursing school. They found out about my past drug addiction and a few of the powerful people that have a say if you come or go.... well... they do not believe in redemption.

They couldn't just toss me out without looking horrible. So they used my absence due to health issues. Some of this stems from my political views as well. This was all confirmed by two professors in confidence. It took me a while to get it all figured out. It's a long story on how it all played out but that is the gist of it.

Basically I have 40k in debt 2 years of 3 year accelerated B.S.N. degree and nothing to show for it.

Cowboy aint no bitch though. So, I am enrolling in a two year ADN program. Some of my credits will count, some will not. Then I will let the hospital pay for the B.S.N. degree. I already have made custom graduation invitations for these two fat ass bitches that fucked me over. They basically say, I still did it, fuck you.... and Yes, I will send them.

Last edited:
MK I am glad things are working out. I don't even know how much internal fortitude it took for you to be a strong enough man for your family in that situation. My hat is truly off to you...

Monster Maker glad you are are staying sober. Same here....

Sorry to all that lost loved ones....

I had not admitted this to except one person on this site in P.M.

My most memorable just happened the past month. I got kicked out of Nursing school. They found out about my past drug addiction and a few of the powerful people that have a say if you come or go.... well... they do not believe in redemption.

They couldn't just toss me out without looking horrible. So they used my absence due to health issues. Some of this stems from my political views as well. This was all confirmed by two professors in confidence. It took me a while to get it all figured out. It's a long story on how it all played out but that is the gist of it.

Basically I have 40k in debt 2 years of 3 year accelerated B.S.N. degree and nothing to show for it.

Cowboy aint no bitch though. So, I am enrolling in a two year ADN program. Some of my credits will count, some will not. Then I will let the hospital pay for the B.S.N. degree. I already have made custom graduation invitations for these two fat ass bitches that fucked me over. They basically say, I still did it, fuck you.... and Yes, I will send them.

That sucks.

May I ask how they found out about your past addiction and political affiliation?

Yep we’ve come a long way with treatments and recovering. My princess is doing fine. Still in chemo, caught covid 3 weeks ago and recovered (which I am extremely thankful for) still on schedule to be off chemo by next spring, after almost 2 years of treatments. Knock on wood !! Don’t like talking about it much cuz I feel like I jinx myself.

it was just a really difficult moment in my life, not the first or the last but damn sure the most memorable. Another thing that sucks is the fact that she (as well as me and her mom) will always have this fear of it coming back or the fear of increased risk as she ages for other forms of cancer. Which, I guess, is a better deal than the original fear/alternative.

so I am a very grateful man for as bad of a time that was/is…. It coulda been worse.

family is the most important thing in the universe as far as I’m concerned. I feel so bad for the moms and dads who have had to experience a funeral for their own young innocent child.

anyways… wasn’t trying to outdo anyone’s else tough times. Everyone has had their own battles in life. And I’ll truly appreciative to all the support I got and still get from my brothers in iron here at ASF.

I won’t ever forget it and you’ll always have a place in my enlarged aching heart.

Try to make the best of everyday you get above ground!!

Hope all goes well with family

I was going to post something but after M's story I don't have a thing to complain about...

But would like to listen it . It’s the warm community here ASF for all members

I was going to post something but after M's story I don't have a thing to complain about...

everyone has a fight in life. I shouldn’t have said anything lol.. seriously… everyone’s journey on this road is worthy of discussion… we’re all in it to win it bro!! Lol

really great to see you posting again! Hope everything is smooth and relaxing now.. you gotta be retired right? Prolly still work just as hard as you used to if not more.

good to hear from you man!

Bro I could write a book. I had surgery in 2019 during this mess. Then got covid 4 months after. It's been wild.

All things work out! Keep going

Get Shredded!
But would like to listen it . It’s the warm community here ASF for all members

To make a long story short: I had a stroke early 2020. Lost about 80% use of my left arm and some other problems. About 6 weeks ago I fell and broke my neck. I went 4 days before it was discovered. 2 surgeries later and 2 rods in my neck, I am still recovering. Hopefully by this spring I can start driving again. Still no plans to retire

To make a long story short: I had a stroke early 2020. Lost about 80% use of my left arm and some other problems. About 6 weeks ago I fell and broke my neck. I went 4 days before it was discovered. 2 surgeries later and 2 rods in my neck, I am still recovering. Hopefully by this spring I can start driving again. Still no plans to retire

Shit man, horrible... Best of luck to you in your recovery...

I would say losing my best friend of 35 years (back in March), also he was my band-mate of 20 years, (one heck of a bond (my brother inlaw) to cancer at only age 57.
Horrible to sit w/ someone holding his hand when he took his final breath. ( 6 months ago).
Terrible to see...

damn man. Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.

I would say losing my best friend of 35 years (back in March), also he was my band-mate of 20 years, (one heck of a bond (my brother inlaw) to cancer at only age 57.
Horrible to sit w/ someone holding his hand when he took his final breath. ( 6 months ago).
Terrible to see...

Old-school, great to see you posting brother but hate to hear the news. If anyone here can recover from those circumstances, I'd put my money on you. Godspeed

Yup. I started writing and whining about stupid shit and then realized after reading MK’s post that I probably sounded like a complete douche bag.

Buried my grandmother and lost my father with 12 hours of each other. Pretty rough day.

I've never been an alcoholic but I live by the one day at a time motto, I have my minor daily issues but nothing like I am reading here, I pray for everyone of you that are going through tough times...:coffee:

Back