• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Wtf how and why

Capthowdy87

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
fd6daa4546764a9360df3bff1cd9322b.jpg

19dd68533be47d16dfa4841248d84c77.jpg

Some one please explain to me how tf the plain beans in the bag with nothing on them is a smaller serving size then the beans in the can with damn near the same calories ? This shit is ridiculous. The whole point was to make my own beans to avoid the sodium and extra shit from the can but it makes no sense at all.

fd6daa4546764a9360df3bff1cd9322b.jpg

19dd68533be47d16dfa4841248d84c77.jpg

Some one please explain to me how tf the plain beans in the bag with nothing on them is a smaller serving size then the beans in the can with damn near the same calories ? This shit is ridiculous. The whole point was to make my own beans to avoid the sodium and extra shit from the can but it makes no sense at all.
The canned beans measure is after cooking when they absorb water.

The dry beans, after you cook them, will weight about 3x as mutch as the dry measure.

Same thing with rice.

The point of cooking your own is to have control over flavor and what sort of shit you put in them. A dried bean is in it’s purest form. Canned could have a helluva lot of garbage in them.

Ok makes sense when they suck up the water bc I soaked them over night before cooking them . So how em I suppose to know what a cooked serving size is then ?? I really want to eat them lol they came out amazing . Way better then the Canned shit . Im trying to get away from using canned anything . It was mainly beans and vegetables .

Last edited:
Ok makes sense when they suck up the water bc I soaked them over night before cooking them . So how em I suppose to know what a cooked serving size is then ?? I really want to eat them lol they came out amazing . Way better then the Canned shit . Im trying to get away from using canned anything . It was mainly beans and vegetables .
I would put 1/4 cup of dry beans in a measuring cup. Then I would estimate the # of beans in 1/4 cup. That should give you an idea of how many cooked beans are in a serving size.
That sounds like a lot of work though. I’m sure someone else will have a better idea.

Water weight

IML Gear Cream!
a 1/4 cup dry is about 1/2 cup

- - - Updated - - -

a 1/4 cup dry is about 1/2 cup

Measure beforehand. So if you put in 2 cups of dried beans, you have 8 servings total, right? Cook them to your desired consistency. Now measure again. If you have 4 cups cooked, it's still 8 servings, so 1/2 cup each. Pintos won't expand as much as some other beans. If you slow cook beans in a crockpot, they'll expand quite a bit.

Beans and corn bread for the winter bulk!

eat-corb-bread.gif

Measure beforehand. So if you put in 2 cups of dried beans, you have 8 servings total, right? Cook them to your desired consistency. Now measure again. If you have 4 cups cooked, it's still 8 servings, so 1/2 cup each. Pintos won't expand as much as some other beans. If you slow cook beans in a crockpot, they'll expand quite a bit.

Beans and corn bread for the winter bulk!

eat-corb-bread.gif

With a thick slice of white onion

With a thick slice of white onion

You know I do this with my pasta too . It’s the same way bc it absorbs water only . I found this low calorie pasta online that’s half the calories as regular pasta per serving but tastes just as good !

If you really want to be as accurate as possible with tracking your cals or portions sizes you should do what I do with rice. Find a recipe that works for you snd stick to it.

For example: measure your rice dry (or beans) let’s say 500 grams dry rice, then cook it with 500 grams water, then weigh it when it’s done. Say it yields 800grams of rice cooked.

Now say that your serving size on the bag is 100 grams dry rice. That is the exactly 1/5 of what you made. 1/5 of 800 grams cooked is exactly 160Gs which is your wet weight serving.

Or you can look at it like as 500 dry grams produces 800 grams cooked which is 160% of the dry weight.

Either way just gotta do some simple math to figure it out

I actually recently went back to beans as a source of protein.

Been doing alot of homemade chili.

It was probably prompted by the insane prices on food, and now that we have to watch food budget closer, I started going back to my old methods. Chili, Pot roast with potatoes and carrots. Meatloaf. Endless chicken. Sales on Steaks. Bags and Bags of potatoes

These are the things that got me huge back in the day. I have been lazy.

Thanks for the thread :)

Back