• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Shoulders/ chest

radcock

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone else on here pair chest with shoulders? My shoulders are dominant to my shoulders so I hit chest first I end it with dips and push-ups superset. By the time I get to shoulders I am gassed. Should I do shoulders first?

I’ve done it for the majority of my training. If shoulders are dominate and chest is lacking I would do chest first.
what does your push day look like

I’ve done it for the majority of my training. If shoulders are dominate and chest is lacking I would do chest first.
For chest I do bb bench 4 sets last set doing 6 reps
Db flat Flys
3 sets last set 6 reps
Bb incline 3 sets last set 6 reps
Db incline Flys 3 sets last set 6 reps
Cable Flys 4 sets last set 6-8 reps
Then superset dips with pushup asmrap til failure
Then I hit shoudler

Assuming you are hitting chest/shoulders twice a week, you could have 1 day focusing more on the chest an another day with less chest volume and more for the shoulders.

You could also just change your split completely. There are so many options. If it is not working for you it’s time to make a change.

What is your reasoning for 3 different fly exercises?

What I've found is that shoulders get in on chest day..but mainly just the fronts..which means mids and rears get less work during the week if you're doing shouldered on a different day..After a while the fronts are 2x bigger than the other two..my problem anyway..

I do mids and rears with my chest routine..

But what about pre-exhausting the shoulders first..??
I'm curious..an honest Question..because I respect your direct honestly

I’ve always had shoulders dominate chest as well. Early on always trained them separate days. I’ve found my physique balancing out since switching to training them on the same day. Chest first for 3-4 movements, 2 sets taken to failure on most movements/or some kind of intensifier(drop set, forced reps, etc), and then just 2 medial delt movements afterwards with 1 cable front delt variation (saving rear delts for the end of my back days)

That being said, we all have a formula that works best for us, and us alone. I’d suggest changing it up from what you’ve done, sticking with that for a good 8-12 weeks, and reassess.
Sometimes it’s not what you think you need to do/change. Some of my best progress has come from doing way LESS volume and work and focusing on recovering more and taking more rest days.

I have always had the same issue with dominant shoulders and arms.

Chest and shoulders get entirely different days.

The only thing I incorporate on chest day is tri's (4 x 15 ropes, 3 x 10-12 dip machine, 3 x 10 DB skull crushers on floor).. then I will just give a quick pump to the shoulders side lateral DBs 2 x 25, 2 x 15, 1 x 10.

If your chest is lagging, maybe change around the chest routine start your routine off with a pre-exhaustion with the chest machine flies, cable flies or DB flies 2 x 20, 2 x 15, 1 x 12 (make the last set the heaviest).
Then smash your chest routine, then clean up your routine 3 x 20 cable flies (holding the stretch for 60 seconds after each set).

You are not obligated or committed to keep your shoulder routine in with your chest man. Just make adjustments with your schedule.

Hope he suggestions help man

IML Gear Cream!
But what about pre-exhausting the shoulders first..??
I'm curious..an honest Question..because I respect your direct honestly
Honestly I think it depends on the person, how it’s put together and the goal. I’ve never personally been big on prexhausting anything. I like to keep it basic and train the hell out of whatever movement I’m doing.
I don’t think most people have enough muscle to worry about overdeveloped body parts. Most people just need to get bigger all over.
I won’t say it doesn’t have its place but I’d be willing to bet the original poster isn’t there yet. Sounds like he probably needs to hire a coach to help him with his technique

Honestly don't have a reason why
That’s poor planning. You should have know why you’re doing each movement. Every set, rep, exercise should serve a purpose. I’d scrap the whole routine and hire a decent coach to work with or get an app like Jordan Peters.

Honestly I think it depends on the person, how it’s put together and the goal. I’ve never personally been big on prexhausting anything. I like to keep it basic and train the hell out of whatever movement I’m doing.
I don’t think most people have enough muscle to worry about overdeveloped body parts. Most people just need to get bigger all over.
I won’t say it doesn’t have its place but I’d be willing to bet the original poster isn’t there yet. Sounds like he probably needs to hire a coach to help him with his technique

Some great solid advice...

I cannot train shoulders and chest within 2-3 days of each other.

I pair shoulders with legs because I don’t feel (my) shoulders need as much attention. I rarely do any front delt work because they over power everything and look stupid honestly (when compared to my weak ass rear delts and chest).

todays workout was supersets

hamstring curls w/ cable side delts (meadows style)
squats w/ DB shoulder press
landmine lunges w/ cable rear delts

finishers;
leg ext to failure until 140 reps were reached.
landmine Viking handle shrugs failure until 80 reps reached.

Why not change it up a bit on your routine and see what happens?

John Meadows is the man! Anytime I feel like a body part just isn’t where I want it to be I hop on his page and do a workout of his for 5 or 6 weeks. Dude knows his shit.
Yes he *was

Yes he *was

You are correct, I always do that for some reason. I do the same with my pops and he has been gone for ten. Isn’t it the Vikings that believed immortality was achieved as long as people continued to tell stories about them?

Back