• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why aren't you a freak?

jozifp103

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I think it's safe to say that most of us want to be a freak. Maybe not everyone wants to be a Big Ramy level freak but I believe most of us want to be some level of freak. We all have our idols and our dream physiques that we hope to achieve someday. Most of us are probably well above average when it comes to size/strength/physique/etc...but I bet most of us can't truly say we're freaks or have achieved our dream physique. And I bet most of us can't truly say we put 110% into our diet and training every single day.

We see professionals making more progress in 3 years than most of us make in a decade or more.

Why is that? What is holding us back?
Money?
Drive?
Energy?
Time?
Responsibilities?

Be honest, what is holding you back from looking the way you want?

As a personal opinion (not speaking for others, just generalizing) I believe it's Money and proper Education/Knowledge.

For myself, personally, I would have to agree that I need to prioritize and discipline myself more.

I'm not a freak because I'm an ectomorph piece of shit that can't put on any substantial weight because I fucking suck at life.

Money and responsibilities. Hopefully some power moves Im in the process of making will pay off and free up those two things in the next year or two. After those two are out of the way....look out.

The main reason I’m not a freak is because I prioritize health nowadays whereas a few years ago I just wanted to be as big as possible. I maintain a solid 230lbs-240lbs under 6ft tall eating fairly clean, low dose “supplements” and half ass training lol.

Discipline. Close thread.
I'm sure that is definitely the case for most...including myself. But at the same time, if I knew I had the genetics and potential to do big things, I'm certain my discipline would improve dramatically. Right now I don't bother giving 110% because I know I will never be anything special in the bodybuilding world.
I'm not a freak because I'm an ectomorph piece of shit that can't put on any substantial weight because I fucking suck at life.

Same boat, currently force feeding myself every opportunity I get in hopes of putting on some weight before next summer.
Wellllll....body types (Somatotypes) are a myth. There's no such thing as an ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph. It's old debunked science. But I do believe that some people have a harder time gaining weight than others. I'm sure there are many factors that can go into this.
The main reason I’m not a freak is because I prioritize health nowadays whereas a few years ago I just wanted to be as big as possible. I maintain a solid 230lbs-240lbs under 6ft tall eating fairly clean, low dose “supplements” and half ass training lol.
I'm in the same boat. I can't be as reckless as I was in my 20's. I have to make sure I'm around to watch my kids grow up.

IML Gear Cream!

I’ll trade you for my endomorphic round hips and tits…

In fact some of the mass monsters we all came to know are ectos look at nick walker

16b209c20ad3d2399e16effb91b32dd7.jpg

Ya 100% would take ecto over endo

Does anyone believe Walker willbe around in his 50s or 60s like the greats of the 80s and 90s?

My guess he is in the “at all costs” club.

When you are 24 it seems like you can say fuck all to everything. Then, if you are lucky, you turn 50 and say “How the fuck did I make it to 50 and now I have to start forming a longevity plan.”

Life, just generally gets in the way.

Sort of an excuse but also a reality. I’ve got a 50 hour+ a week job, a family, a home, friends, and a respect for my health.

Could I be 10% better with my current genetics? Yup. But I’d have to subtract from somewhere else. I’m (mostly) okay with the balance I’ve struck in my life.

I’ll trade you for my endomorphic round hips and tits…

In fact some of the mass monsters we all came to know are ectos look at nick walker

16b209c20ad3d2399e16effb91b32dd7.jpg

Ya 100% would take ecto over endo

Yeah you're right I need to stop complaining I'm just acting like a fucking bitch right now. I'm happy where I'm at just need more size you know the deal

It would be easy to blame genetics on this, but at this point it would seem more like a cop out excuse than an answer.

If I had to be honest, it would be impatience and knowledge.

I’ve wasted more time trying different things and chasing the pump than I have trying to simply beat the logbook and force feed. Trying to rectify it as of late, but I can’t tell you how many years I’ve wasted just trying the new “best thing” to grow. I can count the number of workouts and meals I’ve missed in the last ten years on one hand, but I chased the pump too many of those and didn’t pound food like I should have.

My friends and family members twll me I've over do it, too much muscle, a freak. But I dont see my self this way and always looking for improvment, looking for more muscle. Where it will end? I don't know.
Lets not forget, freaks live from bodybuilding mostly, and live for bodybuilding. Costs are sky high beginning with trainer, suplements, AAS , dieting, etc. I've read they can spend up to 10K $ monthly for AAS. Doctors apointments, nutricionists, and so on... we, average Gym goers give our best with what we have and can. Some more, some less.

My friends and family members twll me I've over do it, too much muscle, a freak. But I dont see my self this way and always looking for improvment, looking for more muscle. Where it will end? I don't know.
Lets not forget, freaks live from bodybuilding mostly, and live for bodybuilding. Costs are sky high beginning with trainer, suplements, AAS , dieting, etc. I've read they can spend up to 10K $ monthly for AAS. Doctors apointments, nutricionists, and so on... we, average Gym goers give our best with what we have and can. Some more, some less.

10k a month! Ha fuck that this will never be that expensive of a hobby for me. Won’t even spend that a year.

Just keep grinding dawg you’ll get it.

Off topic but I got that T-bol on its way, can’t wait to try that shit man!

Thanks bro.

Ohhhhh shitttt, you're about to love that stuff for sure!!

Ectomorphs like you look great, are lighter, and girls will think you look great not a freak. I was an ectomorph, then I met beer and pizza...

Get Shredded!
Discipline, like dude said above. I don't get paid to look awesome.

I mean, I keep myself looking decent.

Eating good consistently takes some dedication. I remember going from 185 to 200 took some effort.

It hurts! Lol! I was more into powerlifting not too long ago, but turning 42, I'm feeling aches in places I didn't know I had!

Same boat, currently force feeding myself every opportunity I get in hopes of putting on some weight before next summer.

We can do it bro!! Just got to work harder!!

Ectomorphs like you look great, are lighter, and girls will think you look great not a freak. I was an ectomorph, then I met beer and pizza...

Lol, your right bro. Just sounds so nice to walk around and everyone look at you like wtf. I get a good amount of attention now. I couldn't imagine being 240 lean. Fuck my life!!

I fucking guarantee some of you guys’ phones are holding you back. Zero chance you are focusing if you keep texting your boyfriends between and instead of sets.

I fucking guarantee some of you guys’ phones are holding you back. Zero chance you are focusing if you keep texting your boyfriends between and instead of sets.

Seeing people on their phones in the gym makes me rage mode. I put my music on and leave it at the desk. Sometimes I’ll intentionally interrupt their texts to ask if their using a machine I don’t even need.

Hmm for when I was younger I would say I had the drive,the juice, great size and strength, solid everyday workout 2x day was a ox...but I had my mind on other things and way too much going on work wise my life has always for the most part a 7 days/wk 12hr+ work day multiple jobs at once and bad relationships didn't help..

Same reason my mma career slowed down that and time to go on to the next thing which was esop, etc after that

I’d second [mention]Void [/mention] on the impatience. I definitely held myself back by jumping around between training styles, changing diets constantly, etc in my earliest years. Never stuck to things long enough to learn what was or wasn’t working for my body.
The impatience and wanting the progress now caused me to overtrain a lot as well, never recovering enough to best my previous sessions or sleeping/eating enough to make substantial progress.
Beyond that just life like others have said… Mental health ups and downs causing inconsistent eating. Manual labor jobs taxing my body long hours making it difficult to recover. Hard to not let life events hinder our bodybuilding when the bodybuilding doesn’t pay the bills but rather is an additional expense for us all

I'm not a freak because of diet discipline. It's that simple, if I focus for 3-6 months I get really low BF but I used DNP as a shortcut sometimes so I still ate pizza.

Don't make that "DNP" mistake. I didn't know I already had tiny cataracts when I was in my early forties. After only a few years of occasional 8 - 21 day runs my cataracts got so bad I couldn't drive at night, at 48!

Have new eyes now was free, best vision I ever had but cataract surgery at 50, who needs that??

Somebody who takes DNP.

Fastest fat loss shortcut but fastest way to go blind......I also got tired of sleeping in my man-cave as wifey couldn't find a dry spot in bed....

i think it comes down to discipline , and the drive to keep going,,
i myself started this journey a little over 2 1\2 years ago,, never touched the gym until than (had a go in highschool but im 36 now so a looong time ago lol)

so i said ill give it 5 years ,, 5 years to stay on track and see where i can take this,

at the start i was 5'8 @168 (dad bod) 2 yrs later im at my avitar pic, 5'8 @210 in the a.m sitting around %14-16 bf..

people at the gym watched me transform , of course they whisperd behind my back (hes on the juice )

they wernt wrong eaither,, but they also forget how im at the gym at least 5 days a week for at least and hr ,,and just all the work involved,,

and current day im looking to be around 215-220 by the end of january ,

i think its has alot to do with everyone wants to be huge yesterday and when they see they dont transform overnight ,,they think its not for them,, or they fall back and progress halts .. hence my 5 yr plan

Discipline. Close thread.

As a personal opinion (not speaking for others, just generalizing) I believe it's Money and proper Education/Knowledge.

For myself, personally, I would have to agree that I need to prioritize and discipline myself more.

This right here.

Most cases people are repeating the same behaviors as we are creators of habit, failing to grasp the concept that our diet, food, timing, training is off somewhere..
This is a perfect example where it good to suggest to people to get a coach, a good coach. Let them do all the thinking and adjustments and just listen, they will see something that people have been overlooking or stuck on and repeating because of some security blank they wrap around themselves and lack of understand of things.
It's a game changer when someone has the ability to just grind away in the kitchen and make each gym session, with no skipping meals and being 100000% honest with the whole program, by showing up and staying consistent, while someone else just gives them the outline.. Will this create a freak in everyone? no, but it will turn them into the best version of themselves and fuck they may even learn some knew fucking shit about themselves in the process that they never knew they had.

having a great support system is huge, teammates, peers, coach, and even a significant other that helps with the load. Axing away at life in the rat race, and taking care of responsibilities is difficult as it is, when you have a team that supports you, it's a major relief. Not taking away from solo killers that get shit done, but truth is, most people don't have that type of mindset or discipline.. There's nothing entirely wrong with that either, just means reach out to peers and like minded people, because it helps them too.

surround oneself with people that have the same visions and goals and education.

every-single person that puts in real, true, HONEST time, and rewire their way of life and thought process, will truly see changes and the potentials are limitless "within reason"..

Back