• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Study Suggests Psilocybin Can ‘Reset’ The Brains Of Depressed People (mushrooms)

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Study Suggests Psilocybin Can ‘Reset’ The Brains Of Depressed People (mushrooms)

Psilocybin, the active ingredient in “magic mushrooms,” continues to show promise as a natural treatment for anxiety and depression. In fact, in a recently-published study, reduced symptoms were recorded weeks after depressed patients supplemented the fungi. Furthermore, before and after brain scans showed significant changes in brain activity associated with depressive symptoms.

The study was conducted by researchers at Imperial College London. Twenty patients with treatment-resistant depression received two doses of psilocybin (10 mg and 25 mg) one week apart. Nineteen had brain imaging done before the treatment and “after” scans were taken after the second treatment. The MRI images were used to compare changes in blood flow and in communication between the brain regions.

Researchers first observed reduced blood flow in the temporal cortex. They also saw decreased blood flow in the amygdala, a small, almond-shaped region which helps to process emotional responses (such as fear, stress, and anger). A significant relationship between decreased blood flow in the region and reduced depressive symptoms was noted.

Participants also filled out questionnaires to report on their mental states. They noted a lightening of their depression after the treatments, as well as the feeling that their brains had somehow changed. “Several of our patients described feeling ‘reset’ after the treatment and often used computer analogies,”explained Robin Carhart-Harris, who led the study.

“For example, one said he felt like his brain had been ‘defragged’ like a computer hard drive, and another said he felt ‘rebooted.’ Psilocybin may be giving these individuals the temporary ‘kick start’ they need to break out of their depressive states and these imaging results do tentatively support a ‘reset’ analogy. Similar brain effects to these have been seen with electroconvulsive therapy.”

The finding offers an exciting glimpse into brain networks, which disintegrate under the influence of psychedelics but possibly re-integrate afterward. It also supports previous research which suggests that psilocybin is more effective at dissolving the root cause of mental conditions, including anxiety and depression, than pharmaceutical drugs.

Over 5000 people have downloaded our free ebook “Growth Hacking Tips And Rituals For Optimal Living” CLICK HERE to get your free copy now

In a recent study, Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris compared the two approaches. He found that participants who supplement with psilocybin often experience a cathartic “release” whereas folks who are prescribed pharmaceutical drugs regularly feel emotionally “blunted.” “If you ask people who are taking SSRIs chronically, they often say ‘I feel blunted’,” Dr. Carhart-Harris told The Independent. “With psilocybin therapy they say the opposite, they talk about an emotional release, a reconnection, and this key emotional centre being more responsive.”

This latest study provides more evidence for psilocybin’s potential as an antidepressant. More research is needed, of course. However, the future is hopeful for individuals who suffer from painful and oftentimes debilitating mental conditions.

What are your thoughts?

My old brain needs a reboot...

Can vouch it definitely makes you happier not just on it but after it. Opens your mind back up. All the shit going on now a days just closes peoples mind by the minute. Especially with how quickly information can be sent/received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are finally starting to fund clinical trials ... big pharma be selling them shrooms soon lol

nah but seriously, it does work. Love me some shrooms...

Better to have safer alternatives to opioids for pain management such as marijuana/CBD and shrooms.

Damn I wish I knew where to get some lol
Georgia , South Carolina after a warm rain and the sun comes back out they pop up in cow pies... or get a growers kit online... otherwise any one in your area wearing Grateful Dead shirts should be able to hook you up

Good info. We should all be looking into this, MDMA, and ketamine as alternatives to SSRIs, alcohol, coke, opioids, etc.
micro-dosing ketamine works too... but it can be pretty easy to fall into the black hole of ketamine ... lol that shit can be scary. Glad I grew up relatively young haha

IML Gear Cream!
I’m not sure how accurate this is but it Seems the dark web is a good place if you know how to use it.

I’d love to have real mdma, I used to love the stuff years ago when it was legit

ecstasy is pretty much the only drug I don’t gave experience with... my high school health teacher scared me when she said it takes a scoop of brain matter out every time you use it. Lol

one of my closest friends loved it. Apparently he loved everything when he was on it. We were like 18, watching him order and drink a milk shake at McDonald’s while on mdma was one of the funniest things I’d ever seen in my life...haha

ecstasy is pretty much the only drug I don’t gave experience with... my high school health teacher scared me when she said it takes a scoop of brain matter out every time you use it. Lol

one of my closest friends loved it. Apparently he loved everything when he was on it. We were like 18, watching him order and drink a milk shake at McDonald’s while on mdma was one of the funniest things I’d ever seen in my life...haha

Yeah, I hade kept up to date on PTSD trials and psychedelic medications lately. I saw what happened with the DEA announcing in 1985 that MDA/MDMA put holes in the Brain and used true brain scan pictures backing it all up because it wasn’t classified yet. It(MDMA) was developed my Merck and shelved until a doctor/research chemist came along the old drug. Now, they admittedly claim to have made an error, they used scans of a street crystal Methamphetamine Users, not true MDMA.

Pretty positive results in both stage 3 trials done in 11 different states and countries. A few people were able to go from PTSD disabled to fully functioning “not disabled”. Watched a few shows floating around on a Netflix and Some of the other media shows.

Wonder how the whole Oregon Mushroom Clinics are gonna Go. Btw - I’ve done neither , was always too scared as I saw about 70% of guys/gals I went to school with go on Bad Trips (lsd/shrooms/mescaline). Of course they always would come to me with their “freaked out” craziness. My friends would just make it worse for whoever got scared. Plus , My great grandpa told me that he had a buddy (Mike Valdez) that did “orange sunshine” and he never was normal again. I’m sure now, he lied to me to scare me . Lol. It worked . My grandpa also told that “the president of his high school, straight A-Valedictorian, sniffed Glue called Freaky Freeze “ and a few years later he came home on leave from the navy he saw him walking downtown all whacked , taking to himself all dirty. Said that sniffing glue or paint was equal to smoking 1000 joints to your brain cells . Of course they smoked weed every day.
It again scared me from ever trying all that .
Bastards lied to me !

Max

Yeah, I hade kept up to date on PTSD trials and psychedelic medications lately. I saw what happened with the DEA announcing in 1985 that MDA/MDMA put holes in the Brain and used true brain scan pictures backing it all up because it wasn’t classified yet. It(MDMA) was developed my Merck and shelved until a doctor/research chemist came along the old drug. Now, they admittedly claim to have made an error, they used scans of a street crystal Methamphetamine Users, not true MDMA.

Pretty positive results in both stage 3 trials done in 11 different states and countries. A few people were able to go from PTSD disabled to fully functioning “not disabled”. Watched a few shows floating around on a Netflix and Some of the other media shows.

Wonder how the whole Oregon Mushroom Clinics are gonna Go. Btw - I’ve done neither , was always too scared as I saw about 70% of guys/gals I went to school with go on Bad Trips (lsd/shrooms/mescaline). Of course they always would come to me with their “freaked out” craziness. My friends would just make it worse for whoever got scared. Plus , My great grandpa told me that he had a buddy (Mike Valdez) that did “orange sunshine” and he never was normal again. I’m sure now, he lied to me to scare me . Lol. It worked . My grandpa also told that “the president of his high school, straight A-Valedictorian, sniffed Glue called Freaky Freeze “ and a few years later he came home on leave from the navy he saw him walking downtown all whacked , taking to himself all dirty. Said that sniffing glue or paint was equal to smoking 1000 joints to your brain cells . Of course they smoked weed every day.
It again scared me from ever trying all that .
Bastards lied to me !

Max
I don’t think you missed anything on the whole sniffing glue thing. Now that I’m older I probably wouldn’t mess with mdma … unless I was far away from home with a really good looking woman snowed in at a vacation cabin rental or something.

I can’t even smoke weed anymore without getting weird paranoid.

Ain’t had a beer since before Christmas. Been smashing weights at the gym and slowly reigning my diet in again. I’m not doing it for the pussy anymore so maybe I can achieve something better than before.

Still might eat shrooms again if the moment is right. Sometimes I miss cocaine but considering you can’t trust street drugs and I really am scared of having a heart attack and am a hypochondriac about any weird chest pain or discomfort I have at it is.. that’s a no go too.

Just boring old milf king going to work lifting weights and taking trt doses of test with an occasional tbol or mast or primo or npp or proviron mini blast from here on out…. Maybe anavar or dbol sometime too..

But that’s about it.

Life is like groundhogs day these days… rinse and repeat.

I can confirm mushrooms definitely act beneficially as (anecdotally) countermeasures to situations that may cause you to be down, sad and or even temporarily depressed, I dont know about clinical depression but they will at least temporarily change your mindset even days aft using them. Im not talking about 3gram trippin dosages, Im talking microdosing and allowing your mindset to broaden and view other pov on things that looked like there was only one POV.

HFO approves this write up.

Thanks for posting Arnold

Hallucinogens In general have a certain affect on depressed individuals but I will say dmt changed my entire outlook on life

This is really interesting. Living close to oregon I’ve met a few people that micro dose it. I never have I’m chicken shit. One of my close friends micro doses and I tell you what it’s pretty damn amazing. His mind as he describes just opens up. He thinks things through without all the damn frustration. I don’t know how but wow.

I can confirm mushrooms definitely act beneficially as (anecdotally) countermeasures to situations that may cause you to be down, sad and or even temporarily depressed, I dont know about clinical depression but they will at least temporarily change your mindset even days aft using them. Im not talking about 3gram trippin dosages, Im talking microdosing and allowing your mindset to broaden and view other pov on things that looked like there was only one POV.

HFO approves this write up.

Thanks for posting Arnold
I bought 150 bucks worth and I have been experimenting wit micro dosing and its changing my life. I a m dealing with life on a new enhanced level. For, its total thereputic and it give me a new outlook, see Im telling the truth and I like it. Mushrooms have helped me see new POV and stop blaming myself and then self sabotaging ... Im a work in progress and currently mushrooms are excellent for me

that phase is over for months now, i used them twice micro dosage, I do believe they helped me deal with some shit at that time but it comes at a cost just like everything else. I still had to goo through the issues to get to the other side. There are better ways to deal with life imo, I dont recommend for anyone to try them.

Get Shredded!
Anything that can help uplift dark or major depression ; I say “Definitely worth trying “ . A lot of guys who cycle have depression when they come down ; especially if they are inexperienced transitioning .

Psilocybin, I have never tried but in a clinical setting (at home relaxed with someone else ) would be okay : especially micro dosing .

I have yet to use any psychoactive but the MDMA studies are quite interesting. Some PTSD patients were actually cured . Rick Dobbins & MAPS organization has some great trials .

Max

The curmudgeon in me thinks it may take a bit more than psilocybin. A lobotomy perhaps???
Real funny and I take it you being facetious with me, man.

Psilocybin, the active ingredient in “magic mushrooms,” continues to show promise as a natural treatment for anxiety and depression. In fact, in a recently-published study, reduced symptoms were recorded weeks after depressed patients supplemented the fungi. Furthermore, before and after brain scans showed significant changes in brain activity associated with depressive symptoms.

The study was conducted by researchers at Imperial College London. Twenty patients with treatment-resistant depression received two doses of psilocybin (10 mg and 25 mg) one week apart. Nineteen had brain imaging done before the treatment and “after” scans were taken after the second treatment. The MRI images were used to compare changes in blood flow and in communication between the brain regions.

Researchers first observed reduced blood flow in the temporal cortex. They also saw decreased blood flow in the amygdala, a small, almond-shaped region which helps to process emotional responses (such as fear, stress, and anger). A significant relationship between decreased blood flow in the region and reduced depressive symptoms was noted.

Participants also filled out questionnaires to report on their mental states. They noted a lightening of their depression after the treatments, as well as the feeling that their brains had somehow changed. “Several of our patients described feeling ‘reset’ after the treatment and often used computer analogies,”explained Robin Carhart-Harris, who led the study.

“For example, one said he felt like his brain had been ‘defragged’ like a computer hard drive, and another said he felt ‘rebooted.’ Psilocybin may be giving these individuals the temporary ‘kick start’ they need to break out of their depressive states and these imaging results do tentatively support a ‘reset’ analogy. Similar brain effects to these have been seen with electroconvulsive therapy.”

The finding offers an exciting glimpse into brain networks, which disintegrate under the influence of psychedelics but possibly re-integrate afterward. It also supports previous research which suggests that psilocybin is more effective at dissolving the root cause of mental conditions, including anxiety and depression, than pharmaceutical drugs.

Over 5000 people have downloaded our free ebook “Growth Hacking Tips And Rituals For Optimal Living” CLICK HERE to get your free copy now

In a recent study, Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris compared the two approaches. He found that participants who supplement with psilocybin often experience a cathartic “release” whereas folks who are prescribed pharmaceutical drugs regularly feel emotionally “blunted.” “If you ask people who are taking SSRIs chronically, they often say ‘I feel blunted’,” Dr. Carhart-Harris told The Independent. “With psilocybin therapy they say the opposite, they talk about an emotional release, a reconnection, and this key emotional centre being more responsive.”

This latest study provides more evidence for psilocybin’s potential as an antidepressant. More research is needed, of course. However, the future is hopeful for individuals who suffer from painful and oftentimes debilitating mental conditions.

What are your thoughts?
Ive used psylocybin recreationally and as a micro-dose supplement. 💯

Ive used psylocybin recreationally and as a micro-dose supplement. 💯
It helped me see things through a perspective that was clear and accurate, got me right through my issues. Vision knows, but If you have a addictive personality trait and want to use it fr the high I wouldn’t touch it, cause its fun asf

I wish someone would've told me that different types of mushrooms have different effects. I've done some pretty big doses, and then I got some really potent trippy mushrooms and did a half ounce. Was locked in place, completely in another realm, crying and sobbing and screaming for my life because I was experiencing my own death, I passed through the doors of death and my ex's mom told me to tell her "she's sorry for everything she put her through." There is definitely a spirit world, if you've experienced, you know. To each their own. That experience ended me up in the hospital because I literally thought I was dying.

These things can have real benefits but I caution people against just using because you wanna go on some badass trip. Respect it.

I wish someone would've told me that different types of mushrooms have different effects. I've done some pretty big doses, and then I got some really potent trippy mushrooms and did a half ounce. Was locked in place, completely in another realm, crying and sobbing and screaming for my life because I was experiencing my own death, I passed through the doors of death and my ex's mom told me to tell her "she's sorry for everything she put her through." There is definitely a spirit world, if you've experienced, you know. To each their own. That experience ended me up in the hospital because I literally thought I was dying.

These things can have real benefits but I caution people against just using because you wanna go on some badass trip. Respect it.
I have seen the spirit world, at least what God wanted expose to me, the demonic world is alive and well too, there is literally a spiritual war happening right now for souls Ive heard it and saw enough that nothing on this earth is more real than what I’ve witnessed, spiritually, Its why I love Jesus and have no issue who knows I do man, He truly does save those who answer Him or call out tot Him. I suggest everyone accept when they get to that point in their life journey, or start knocking on His door tonight

It helped me see things through a perspective that was clear and accurate, got me right through my issues. Vision knows, but If you have a addictive personality trait and want to use it fr the high I wouldn’t touch it, cause its fun asf
Well I just ordered mine yesterday. Could only afford one months supply for microdosing but it’s a start. If this shit works on me I will be the happiest motherfucker walking this planet by a long shot. I can’t imagine how many actual anti depressant pills I’ve taken over the years. Not to mention the cost of all the psychiatrists and therapists I’ve paid in the past 20 years or so. And guess what? I’m still a fucking depressed mess. I’m done with all that shit. I can’t do it anymore. Seriously this has to work. I’m manifesting it in my mind as we speak. Lol Just watched a You Tube video on how to make things appear with your mind that you really want. I don’t want money or power. I just want to feel like a normal human being. Fingers crossed!!!

Back